Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Lurks In The Second Story Of Main Street Station?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What Lurks In The Second Story Of Main Street Station?

I am simply curious!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Re: What Lurks In The Second Story Of Main Street Station?

Walt Disney's Frozen body.

Comment

Lost children being prepared to be forced into child slave labor in "it's a small world."

Comment

I didn't know there was a second story.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
          I didn't know there was a second story.
          Don't worry...it's like the "Jurassic Park" series. The second is horrible while the first is downright the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
            Walt Disney's Frozen body.
            lol rofl

Comment

Okay, I'll attempt to steer this back to a serious discussion (though I really ought to know better).
              In looking at Steve DeGaetano's latest column, the 6th photo down shows a picture of the Main Street trolley track being constructed. In the backgroubnd is very clearly Main Street station under construction. The upper portion of the tower very clearly shows the circular port the clock will be going into, while just below that appears to be a functionable window being installed. there is another on the other tower unseen in the photo.
              Understanding how tight space is at Disneyland, and how tight space continues to be to this day, I'm thinking it may be a storage area of sorts, and I am curious to know if anyone has a definitive answer.
              First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
              First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
              BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

a security camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                  Lost children being prepared to be forced into child slave labor in "it's a small world."
                  THAT'S why it's so hard to get a ride in the Lily Belle- that's how Disney gets all those kids up to IASW! It's perfect: they drop them in through the top as the car goes by, and then drop them off behind the clock tower when they roll by! There must be a secret hatch into the show building back there!!

Last edited by dland_lover; 07-20-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Basketball court? Hockey rink? Is this serious enough?
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                      Okay, I'll attempt to steer this back to a serious discussion (though I really ought to know better).
                      In looking at Steve DeGaetano's latest column, the 6th photo down shows a picture of the Main Street trolley track being constructed. In the backgroubnd is very clearly Main Street station under construction. The upper portion of the tower very clearly shows the circular port the clock will be going into, while just below that appears to be a functionable window being installed. there is another on the other tower unseen in the photo.
                      Understanding how tight space is at Disneyland, and how tight space continues to be to this day, I'm thinking it may be a storage area of sorts, and I am curious to know if anyone has a definitive answer.

Your probably right about the storage idea...I would guess either storage or offices of some kind
                      ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

:ap: Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings :ap:

Comment

The plans to WestCOT are locked in there.

Comment

Haha, some of these answers are great.

On a serious note, when asking about hidden spaces in buildings, etc., 9 times out of 10 they are empty or used for storage.
                          "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

The only more akward storage spot I can think of would be halfway up the Maliboomer. My guess is it either sits empty as an attic or it houses something electrical for the show lights on Mainstreet or even possibly the railroad. I think the archives or Back of House are much more viable places for Disney to store things.

Comment

Tons and tons of Marvel Comics merchandise and banners just waiting to be distributed all over Disneyland in the dead of night
                              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X