Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wheels

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ride Warrior
    Iron-Clad Allie
    • Feb 2005

Video Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wheels

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smbKsrnT3B8]YouTube - Radiator Springs Racers sneak peek at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure[/ame]

Enjoy the above WDI video as it demonstrates how the red rock mountain will be painted, goes over the storyline (using a storyboard), takes you on an animatic mock-up drive down Route 66, and shows you an actual road test of a six-passenger RSR vehicle.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-05-2012, 06:20 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• AcmePunched
    Drawin' Cartoons
    • Sep 2009

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wh

Alright.. THAT looks pretty epic. I can count myself officially excited for this. =3

Comment

• Ckelef1
      Banned User
      • Nov 2009

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wh

Originally posted by AcmePunched View Post
      Alright.. THAT looks pretty epic. I can count myself officially excited for this. =3

Comment

• Druggas
        Hooterville, USA
        • Feb 2005

When can we ride it?
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• DrAlice
          Clean Cup! Move Down!
          • Aug 2009

Super, Uber, mega-mega, totally, waaayyyy excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          (how's that?)

Looks awesome!! Oh yeahhhhh.....

-DrA
          DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
          DW Trips: '08
          International parks: Some day...

Comment

• mycroft16
            I'm not really here
            • Aug 2006

They really are putting a lot of detail into this one. I can't wait to see it at night. Lit and with cars going around with working headlights... this is going to be a stunning place.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Krillinish
              MiceChatter
              • Jun 2007

Agh, that 10-second 3D ride-through is such a tease.

Comment

• mycroft16
                I'm not really here
                • Aug 2006

Watching it again and looking at the concept art... it looks like there will be much more ride interaction with the ride vehicle. Chased by Frank, getting a spray painting or lifted for tiers to be replaced. I wonder if that's just for the concept art or how much of it they will have actually in the ride.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                  Iron-Clad Allie
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  Watching it again and looking at the concept art... it looks like there will be much more ride interaction with the ride vehicle. Chased by Frank, getting a spray painting or lifted for tiers to be replaced. I wonder if that's just for the concept art or how much of it they will have actually in the ride.
                  One way or another, I am gathering that it will all become a part of the ride, mycroft. Don't think that Disney will miss a beat where adding popular elements of the film comes into play...as well as details related to the coming 2011 sequeel, Cars II: World Grand Prix.

Cars 2: World Grand Prix (2011) Movie

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                    Iron-Clad Allie
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by AcmePunched View Post
                    ^
                    ^
                    Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                    When can we ride it?
                    Tomorrow, if you have connections with WDI to help test the test vehicle.

^
                    Originally posted by DrAlice View Post
                    Super, Uber, mega-mega, totally, waaayyyy excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    (how's that?)

Looks awesome!! Oh yeahhhhh.....

-DrA
                    ^
                    Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines! Your excitement is outrageous...not to mention contageous! Hats off to each of you, Acmepunched, Ckelef, Drugas and DrAlice.

Comment

• BlueJet
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2010

What you listed is pretty much what's in the ride. There are a few new scenes that have been created just for the ride, so that contradicts the over-used phrase people use here of "the land not being original". It is nice that the interaction is with the guests in the cars, as opposed to POTC where the AA's interact with just each other and the guests are basically ghosts.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                        Iron-Clad Allie
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Krillinish View Post
                        Agh, that 10-second 3D ride-through is such a tease.
                        :lmao::lmao:

Comment

• BlueJet
                          Banned User
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                          Tomorrow, if you have connections with WDI to help test the test vehicle.
                          Or watching the entire pre-vis.

Comment

• SaraNoH
                            Waiting Since 1992
                            • Jun 2006

Amazing. Totally excited for this ride, especially because my little one who is now only 19 mos (and who LOVES the movie) will be able to go on it by 2012! The rock work is so beautiful, and I feel like this is a worthy ride to add to CA Adventures and to the DLR!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                              Iron-Clad Allie
                              • Feb 2005

They really are putting a lot of detail into this one. I can't wait to see it at night. Lit and with cars going around with working headlights... this is going to be a stunning place.
                              Stunning to say the least! The combination of neon buidings and lit up attractions (especially the functioning bright headlamps and tail lights on the RSR vehicles) should be downright uplifting and magical to no end, if not profoundly surreal.

Originally posted by BlueJet View Post
                              What you listed is pretty much what's in the ride. There are a few new scenes that have been created just for the ride, so that contradicts the over-used phrase people use here of "the land not being original". It is nice that the interaction is with the guests in the cars, as opposed to POTC where the AA's interact with just each other and the guests are basically ghosts.
                              The interaction between guests in cars and figures in the ride will significantly contribute to making the ride fresh and exciting all on it's own.

Originally posted by BlueJet View Post
                              Or watching the entire pre-vis.
                              I like to watch.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                Iron-Clad Allie
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SaraNoH View Post
                                Amazing. Totally excited for this ride, especially because my little one who is now only 19 mos (and who LOVES the movie) will be able to go on it by 2012! The rock work is so beautiful, and I feel like this is a worthy ride to add to CA Adventures and to the DLR!
                                At 3 1/2, your little one will be absolutely wideeyed mesmorized...and a delight for you to experience the ride (and entire land) with, SaraNoH. I'm glad that you plan to go.

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                                  KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                                  • Jun 2007

I have to be honest. Wasn't too thrilled with Carsland when DCA's expansion was announced. But seeing all the concept art, details decriptions and seeing this video, has all changed my mind. I'm very excited to see how all this turns out. Hopefully it lives up to the billing.
                                  sigpic
                                  Home away from Home.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                    Iron-Clad Allie
                                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                                    I have to be honest. Wasn't too thrilled with Carsland when DCA's expansion was announced. But seeing all the concept art, details decriptions and seeing this video, has all changed my mind. I'm very excited to see how all this turns out. Hopefully it lives up to the billing.
                                    Happy that the WDI's release of the detailed work going into Cars Land has peaked your interest far above your doubts, royaldisneyfan. I'm pretty critical about things, too. Let's keep our fingers crossed for an execution of the land that will surpass our highest expectations.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X