This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report July 22-25: Our Trip to Disneyland Resort *photo heavy*

My boyfriend, Martin, and I have been planning this trip since May. But between school and work, a lot of weekends were blocked out for us. We settled on the weekend of July 22 through the 25th, after tossing schedules back and forth. lol

So, let's begin!

Martin had actually come down Wednesday night, versus early Thursday morning. He lives some 100 miles away from me, and it was just easier for him to spend the night so that we could get an early start on Thursday without having to wait for him.

On Thursday morning, we woke up at 7:30am. We packed the cars, and I said good bye to my brothers. We left my house around 8:05am, but we stopped by Mcdonald's for some breakfast to go so we didn't officially hit the freeway until about 8:20ish or so.

The drive down Hwys 152 and 5 were alright. Can't really say much about it since we drove for about 5 hours. We didn't have many plans on Thursday, so we decided to stop in Long Beach to visit my cousin.

(I don't know what building this is, but I took this shot as we were driving into Long Beach looking for my cousin's place.)

When we finally arrived at her place around 2p, she asked if we wanted to go out to eat. So we went to this Thai restuarant about 5 minutes away called, Star of Siam.

I only got a picture of our appetizers, which were spring rolls. We were so hungry that we didn't really get pictures of our dishes themselves. Oh well.

After lunch, we dropped my cousin back off at her place, and we headed to our hotel. We stayed at the Howard Johnson in Stanton (which, at the time of booking was super, duper cheap for us since we are broke college students. lol). The hotel was about a 10 minute drive to the Resort, but we didn't mind, mainly cause we weren't planning to be up at opening time for the two days we were going to go to the parks. We checked in, and unloaded the car.

Martin and I napped until about 6pm, when we decided to go to Downtown Disney to watch "Despicable Me." (Cutest movie ever, BTW!) Our movie didn't start until 8:20pm, so we just wandered around the shops until then.

After the movie, Martin and I split for a minute, he went to go grab a table at ESPN Zone and I met my cousin on the Esplanade so she can give us the park tickets she bought for us. When I got to the ESPN Zone, we'd ordered some appetizers.

Cheese fries for me. DELICIOUS.

Pizza for Martin.

We got back to the hotel around midnight, and went straight to bed since Friday we'd be going to the parks!

We weren't exactly up bright and early on FridaySaturday

~Lianna~

Re: July 22-25: Our Trip to Disneyland Resort *photo heavy*

That was a great Trip Report! Thanks for sharing it (: The pictures are amazing.

Comment

Nicely done, thanks for sharing! :clap:
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Very nice, pretty pictures...Looks like you guys had an awesome time!!

Comment

Thank you, everyone! [=

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures!

~Lianna~

Comment

San Jose represent

Comment

Amazing shots! Love the Tomorrowland night shots especially!

Thanks for sharing!
              sigpic
              Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by 006TOE View Post
                San Jose represent
                Heck yes!

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                Amazing shots! Love the Tomorrowland night shots especially!
                Thanks!

~Lianna~

Comment

great trip report!

Comment

Wonderful trip report...beautiful pictures:thumbup:

Thanks for showing the bricks...I heard about them but have never seen them and since I have considered buying one I am glad to have seen what they look like...thanks again.
                    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come:thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                      great trip report!
                      Thank you!

Originally posted by loveforfamily View Post
                      Wonderful trip report...beautiful pictures:thumbup:

Thanks for showing the bricks...I heard about them but have never seen them and since I have considered buying one I am glad to have seen what they look like...thanks again.

No problem with the brick pictures! [= My parents had purchased a brick for our family as a Christmas gift for us last year, and I was so excited to finally see it in person. (They had ordered it in January, and it was installed in May)

~Lianna~

Comment

Originally posted by hyperlitehunny View Post

(I don't know what building this is, but I took this shot as we were driving into Long Beach looking for my cousin's place.)
                        That is the Villa Riviera building. It has some really cool gargoyles at the top. Anyway, great trip report!!
                        AngryAP.com - Disneyland and Walt Disney World nostalgia | My Flickr

Comment

Very nice trip report and pictures! Looks like you guys had fun!
                          If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

Comment

Aww, a Nikon and Canon couple. You guys rock sporting your DSLR's together.

Great pictures!

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceJesus View Post
                              That is the Villa Riviera building. It has some really cool gargoyles at the top. Anyway, great trip report!!
                              Thanks for the info about the building. We didn't really get to check out Long Beach too much but I'm definitely interested in going back there.

Thanks!

Originally posted by DisneyIndy7 View Post
                              Very nice trip report and pictures! Looks like you guys had fun!
                              Thank you! And yes, we did have fun. It wasn't too crowded and the weather was nice.

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                              Aww, a Nikon and Canon couple. You guys rock sporting your DSLR's together.

Great pictures!
                              Thanks!

When we were making our way towards Screamin', we asked a Cast Member to take a picture of us for our PhotoPass, and she saw us with Nikon and Canon and she was like, "*GASP* Nikon and Canon?! How can you two even date?!" It was pretty funny!

~Lianna~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X