X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Disney Ninja
    Quiet As A Mouse!
    • Mar 2010

[Rumor] "Disney Channel Rocks" To Replace "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" In DCA

What do you guys think?

Disney is currently holding auditions for "Disney Channel Rocks!" and "Disney Dance Crew" which are expected be new entertainment options to replace the increasingly less relevant High School Musical 3: Right Here, Right Now. A looser format for the tween-aimed show allows it to be easily updated to include Disney Channel's latest pop music and styles.

The newest version of the show is expected to contain a heavy focus on newer Disney Channel ventures including Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"
  • SpaceDog76
    gyre & gimble in the wabe
    • Nov 2009

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" To Replace "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" In DCA

Sounds good. I'm so over the HSM3 show.
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

Comment

• explodingboy
      • Jan 2010

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" To Replace "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" In DCA

I still won't sit and watch it either way, but the few and far between times I go to DCA it amazes me that they are still doing that show/parade/thing. But then again, it is DCA

Comment

• The Disney Ninja
        Quiet As A Mouse!
        • Mar 2010

It has been confirmed by the Disney Blogs. Last day for HSM 3 is Oct. 17 and the new show debuts Oct. 22 for both DCA and DHS.

Comment

• Kritter
          He Gets The Job Done
          • Oct 2006

Seriously? They couldn’t have put the money from HSM3 towards Ratatouille float in Play Parade or a new show that doesn’t exclude adults etc.? They can count me in for never seeing this show.

Comment

• stevo505
            Banned User
            • Jan 2007

NO. NO more Disney Channel! PLEASE.

Comment

• The Disney Ninja
              Quiet As A Mouse!
              • Mar 2010

From The Disney Parks Blogs:

Earlier today we announced the extension of Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World, and if that’s not enough good news for a Thursday, there’s also a fresh, new show coming to the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort this Fall.
              A live, rock-concert style show will blast popular music from a variety of Disney Channel hits, including the “High School Musical” series, “Camp Rock” and “StarStruck.” The show, which has yet to be officially named, will follow a format that is similar to “High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now!” The new show is scheduled to debut at Disney California Adventure park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on October 22.
              In order to make way for this exciting addition, the Wildcats from High School Musical will cheer in their last performance of “High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now!” at Disney California Adventure park on October 17 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on October 2. Don’t miss your last chance to sing, dance and cheer with the Wildcats before school’s back in session, but rest assured the Wildcats will be back in a new way on October 22.

Comment

• explodingboy
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                NO. NO more Disney Channel! PLEASE.
                That is like saying: "No more Nickelodeon on the Nickelodeon at Sea cruises!"

Comment

• AlexValve
                  Celebrate Today
                  • Oct 2006

Well, at least is going to be something different than HSM3, a good thing for the guests who actually see that.
                  -Alex

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                    Banned User
                    • Jul 2010

just about anything is better than HSM, but why do they say "Tween aimed"???? HSM is grade school level entertainment at the OLDEST! Is Disney that out of touch with its audience?

Comment

• SS77
                      LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)
                      • Jan 2009

Well if it's Camp Rock then I'll be fine. I have to admit, it's WAAAAY better than HSM. lol
                      The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
                      fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
                      JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

• Sir Didymus
                        Yeah.....
                        • Aug 2008

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking strong Male "triple-threat" performers for two brand-new live shows to be performed at Disney California Adventure Park: Disney Channel Rocks! a contemporary rock concert-style show celebrating the great music of the Disney Channel

O_o wat

Now this actually sounds kinda promising. But sadly, yet another example of following previously established trends in order to capitalize on the public's current interests. Nothing new, or even vaguely original happening here.
                        Ugh, I can already hear all the puns that'll be used in this show.......

Comment

• stevo505
                          Banned User
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                          That is like saying: "No more Nickelodeon on the Nickelodeon at Sea cruises!"
                          No, it's not. Nickelodeon the channel relates to Nickelodeon the cruise. Disney Channel hardly relates to California at all. Besides, I thought "hip and contemporary" is what flunked DCA in the first place.

Comment

• Theoretical
                            MiceChatter
                            • May 2009

As if it couldn't get anymore annoying by having to hear High School Musical songs when I'm trying to enjoy the park...

Count me in as avoiding this crap at all costs.

Comment

• stevo505
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2007

If you see that DC Rocks come by, and see someone sprinting in the opposite direction... that's probably me. Me and my friends kept running into it back in 08.. got a lot of exercise that day

Comment

• Theoretical
                                MiceChatter
                                • May 2009

If you see that DC Rocks come by, and see someone sprinting in the opposite direction... that's probably me. Me and my friends kept running into it back in 08.. got a lot of exercise that day
                                Dude, I do the exact same thing! My friends and I try to go down to Blue Sky Cellar around 10:45 one day, and we hear this annoying sound coming from something that looks so weird. We see HSM3 and I'm like, "Uh noooo... Let's turn around. Run run run!!!!"

Honestly, why can't Disney just get rid of these big Promos on Wheels... They have no idea how many people do not want to watch it...

Comment

• explodingboy
                                  • Jan 2010

No, it's not. Nickelodeon the channel relates to Nickelodeon the cruise. Disney Channel hardly relates to California at all. Besides, I thought "hip and contemporary" is what flunked DCA in the first place.
                                  The fact that it even exists is what flunks it.

Comment

• stevo505
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Theoretical View Post
                                    Dude, I do the exact same thing! My friends and I try to go down to Blue Sky Cellar around 10:45 one day, and we hear this annoying sound coming from something that looks so weird. We see HSM3 and I'm like, "Uh noooo... Let's turn around. Run run run!!!!"

Honestly, why can't Disney just get rid of these big Promos on Wheels... They have no idea how many people do not want to watch it...
                                    Agreed. Just naming the show "Disney Channel Rocks" shows how much they're trying to shove it in your face. No, it doesn't rock. No, I don't want to listen to that garbage.

Comment

• Ckelef1
                                      Banned User
                                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                                      What do you guys think?
                                      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s]YouTube - Darth Vader NO![/ame]

Comment

• DapperJoshua
                                        i am JOSHUA hear me roar!
                                        • Aug 2009

that sounds lame..uhmm i dont wanna see it..
                                        Originally posted by Monorailorange33
                                        Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
                                        Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
                                        Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
                                        -- that's my disney re-make of it.
                                        TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X