Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

    In this hypothetical world, lets say Disney announced that they planned to demolish all of the work that was done in the 2001 build out. This would include the Grand Californian Hotel, Downtown Disney, and Disney's California Adventure. They also announced that in 5 years, it would all be replaced with a high budget expansion that included a massive Tokyo DisneySea style park (meaning same quality).

    If this were to happen, would you mind? Would you mind seeing Disney's California Adventure destoryed and not knowing what Carsland, The Little Mermaid be like? Would it be worth the wait to see a park that could very well be considered better than Disneyland?

    Discuss.

  • #2
    Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

    I would mind........I actually like DCA, and often spend more time there than DLR. My son feels the same way!

    A TDS park would be awesome, but not to remove DCA, besides it wont happen!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

      It might be worth it but I'd certainly take a 5 year hiatus from the resort lol.

      I'd rather see them do more and buildout a more laid back travel centric park over in the third gate spot.
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

        I would need to move to the west coast so I could go all the time. After my trip to Japan this year, we are already planning a trip for next year.


        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

          I would mind becuz there is already one TDS and only one DCA.
          I think DCA is unique in it's ways and I would hate to see it go.
          Originally posted by MainStreetJake
          Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
          Originally posted by williamtheking
          Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
          Mike Skellington
          My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

            Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
            In this hypothetical world, lets say Disney announced that they planned to demolish all of the work that was done in the 2001 build out. This would include the Grand Californian Hotel, Downtown Disney, and Disney's California Adventure. They also announced that in 5 years, it would all be replaced with a high budget expansion that included a massive Tokyo DisneySea style park (meaning same quality).

            If this were to happen, would you mind? Would you mind seeing Disney's California Adventure destoryed and not knowing what Carsland, The Little Mermaid be like? Would it be worth the wait to see a park that could very well be considered better than Disneyland?

            Discuss.
            dude... that is my dream!!! lol! i seriously have day dreamed about DCA, grand californian, and downtown disney being demolished (or downtown being moved) so they could make a good sized theme park! i would definitely take that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

              Not including attractions that have not yet opened, I have said since I first went to DCA in July 2007 that the entire second gate would be more useful as a parking lot. I have seen world or color (cast member preview) and I ended up playin video games on my cell phone wondering who let what uninspired idiot design this awful show. All flash and technology too loud and no meaningful story. And the lets hide the crappy new water show by getting all the viewers drunk first theory of management does not fly with me either no matter how well received the party is by the drunks...er...I mean partiers. Toy Story is ok. Soaring is not bad but not worth an hour long wait. If I want a traditional roller coaster, which is exactly what Screamin is, I will go to six flags. Perhaps my opinion will change once they finish the remodel, but for now I say DCA would be more useful as a parking lot in support of Disneyland. If the powers that be decided to bulldose the place and start over then that would be fine with me also.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                I would mind very much.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                  Well, if it would include taking out the rest of the hotels, and the 7-11 on the corner of Katella and Harbor, I would say Yes, but really, they would have needed to do this when they approved that Billion Plus dollar project.

                  Now, well should probably just wait until someone invents a tiime machine, in order to kick out Eisner back around 1995, and then make sure projects like TL'98, Light Magic, Pooh, and DCA all never come to fruition.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                    Just what do you mean by "TDS style?" Like a complete copy/paste reincarnation, or are you just talking about the sheer amount of money that was thrown into it?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                      They could pave Paradise Pier, put up a parking lot....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                        I would'nt mind if was gone, I got Knotts for traditional roller coasters. However, If it was replaced with various elements from Toyko Disneyland and Disneysea, I would definatly visit!

                        But what will happen to the big letters spelling California? Thats a big question :O
                        STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

                        Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
                        This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
                        I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                          Originally posted by sediment View Post
                          They could pave Paradise Pier, put up a parking lot....
                          *Like.*

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                            Originally posted by JB1 View Post
                            Not including attractions that have not yet opened, I have said since I first went to DCA in July 2007 that the entire second gate would be more useful as a parking lot. I have seen world or color (cast member preview) and I ended up playin video games on my cell phone wondering who let what uninspired idiot design this awful show. All flash and technology too loud and no meaningful story. And the lets hide the crappy new water show by getting all the viewers drunk first theory of management does not fly with me either no matter how well received the party is by the drunks...er...I mean partiers. Toy Story is ok. Soaring is not bad but not worth an hour long wait. If I want a traditional roller coaster, which is exactly what Screamin is, I will go to six flags. Perhaps my opinion will change once they finish the remodel, but for now I say DCA would be more useful as a parking lot in support of Disneyland. If the powers that be decided to bulldose the place and start over then that would be fine with me also.


                            WOW. Just wow. I didn't think anybody would feel this way. Especially the stuff about WOC. Everyone I know is simply in love with it.

                            I would definitely not want TDS. I haven't been there, but from looking at the website, I don't see anything very impressive. I think we're much better off with DCA. I love TOT and Soarin, and WOC and it's got a great atmosphere. There are attractions at other parks I'd like to see us get of course ( Everest from Animal Kingdom, Pocahonta's Villiage from Euro Disney, etc) But to replace an entire park. NO way! NO WAY

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: If DCA was demolished and replaced with a TDS style park, would you care?

                              Okay...so now I just reminded myself about what's at TDS via their website. And I'm still not impressed. I wouldn't want that here. It just doesn't feel very Disney to me. Hardly any film presence and we have all their best stuff already, except for Journey to the Center of the Earth.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X