Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone recreate a DLR hotel room at their house?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recreate a DLR hotel room at their house?

We are going to DL in February. We are staying at the GCH, and since we like the style we thought we'd try and redecorate our bedroom that way. Our Bedroom is currently a hodge podge of handed down mismatch furniture. If anyone has trie this, lets see some pics.

Re: Anyone recreate a DLR hotel room at their house?

Neat idea. Check Mouse Surplus!
    They have a link to their eBay store where they sell some actual Disney Hotel furniture, comforters etc.
    If I did this I would model my room after WDW's All Star Movies "Love Bug" section.

Good luck.
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

No I have not, but good idea for a guest room though!
      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Can't see myself at home in a Hotel room design, no matter how nice it is! I think I'll leave that look for vacations only!
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I'd like to see somebody go for the 1998-2005 Contemporarary Resort look...

Comment

I became sorta familiar with hotel room interior design this year, though not DLR decorations. My advice is "don't bother because it's kind of expensive and you might get something of low quality." Considering a Disney room, I'd expect it to be REALLY expensive and REALLY not great in quality.

There's a number of stores in this city that sell cast-off furniture from the Strip hotels, but they're all either terribly overpriced or damaged/ugly. Disney furniture must be abused even worse considering the difference in clientele.

Comment

When the Grand Hotel in Anaheim closed, I bought a complete room of furnishings - bed, furniture, bedspread, lamps, pictures - everything except the curtains, and installed them in my master bedroom. It actually looked good for a while and was good quality (Drexel) furniture!
              Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

We have no idea how to decorate. It seems the next bext thing is to copy something else. I like the headboards, and think that would be a fun project to copy. It would be tough though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X