Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Annual passports on EBAY is it safe?

so ive been looking on ebay at disneyland APs... question is how do I know im not going to waste my money, get to Disneyland and have the pass be a fraud?? Any tips on getting something I can actually use... The ones I am looking at are the vouchers to go pick the actual pass up.. not pre owned passes themselfs
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

:ap: Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings :ap:

Re: Annual passports on EBAY is it safe?

I honestly wouldn't trust Ebay for this kind of stuff!!! I would rather save up the money or do monthly payment plans. And honestly, you never know what kind of junk people are trying to pull off. IMHO, don't buy a voucher for a pass off eBay, it could be a fraud, as if the person ran it thru a copier, hence 1000000 copies. Don't waste time and money, just buy your pass from Disneyland.
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Don't do it.

Seriously.

There is no way for you to safeguard yourself from a scam. If you want to purchase a voucher to redeem at the park, you can purchase them at your local grocery store.

Comment

I second what Performer said. You have no way of authenticating anything until you show up at the gate.

I have heard many stories of people buying partially used park-hopper tickets and ending up with a piece of paper and no entry. Just not worth the risk
        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
        DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

Next visit - still just a wish...

Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack

Comment

thanks so much for the advice I agree lol , i just wanted to make sure im not being paranoid
          ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Comment

I wouldn't do it if I were you. When something looks to good to be true it usually is.
            "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Uhh... no

Comment

ok so it looks like everyone is pretty much thinking the same thing as me Thanks for confirming my suspicions ... Im glad im not just paranoid! (at least in this case anyways lol)
                ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Comment

Why risk such a thing as an AP???? No way, don't do it! Not once, not never!

Comment

Delete - didn't read the whole post. :blush:

Comment

Don't buy off craigslist either!
                      Yaye!

Comment

You won't get enough of a discount to make up for the risk that you're buying a piece of junk from someone whose account has been hacked, so I would recommend it.
                        Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                          I honestly wouldn't trust Ebay for this kind of stuff!!! I would rather save up the money or do monthly payment plans. And honestly, you never know what kind of junk people are trying to pull off. IMHO, don't buy a voucher for a pass off eBay, it could be a fraud, as if the person ran it thru a copier, hence 1000000 copies. Don't waste time and money, just buy your pass from Disneyland.
                          Well said. i agree completely

Comment

Never buy second hand ticket media unless you know the person you are buying from.

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

No.

The $30 you are going to save is not worth the heartache that will come if it is an invalid pass. Just do it the safe way and buy directly from an authorized source.

This is coming from someone who's had firsthand experience doing what you're considering doing. "Vouchers" are basically the unloaded gift card thing you see at Albertson's or Ralph's in the gift card section. All someone has to do is grab one off the rack, steal it in their purse, and sell it to you as a "voucher" good to redeem at the park for an annual pass. BUT... since it's stolen, it never got activated! This is exactly what happened to me and my boyfriend two years ago and we were out $450 because of our naivity and, if you will, stupidity. On top of that, we should have done our research a bit better. Had we known Disney had just come out with the montly payment plan, we would have sprung for that instead of taking the risk we did. Plus it would have saved us the embarassment we had when trying to get in the park with an unactivated gift card.
                              Last edited by Princess Victoria; 08-22-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X