Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When boredom strikes...

Disney marks release of theme park movie with a bang

Fantasmic!, an adaptation of one of their most-loved theme park shows, had arrived with a bang at the park the show originated at, Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

Fantasmic animated feature at the Main Street Opera House.

The show revolves around the dreams of Mickey Mouse being invaded by the worst of the Disney villains, and ran from 1992 to 2018 at the Rivers of America at Disneyland, and at the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. The show was revived for three summers at Tokyo Disneyland, starting in 2020, but ended after the company was swamped with complaints from angry fans demanding the return of the show at the American parks if the Japanese show continued.

Fantasmic will return for seven nights at Disneyland park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, from the 17th to the 24th of July. The showings are open to all park guests on those days, except the 24th, when the park will close at 3pm to accommodate VIP guests for the final showing of the performance, and the world premiere of Fantasmic, the animated motion picture.

Disneyland Resort chiefs have asked the press to warn guests of huge crowds at the performances, and suggest waiting periods starting from 1pm at the latest. Tom Sawyer Island will close at 6pm, and the show will begin at 8pm. Beverage, food and merchandise vendors will be nearby, as will live entertainment.

Walt Disney World Resort chiefs are in talks to bring back the Floridian version of Fantasmic

October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)

Re: When boredom strikes...

whoa- someone who maybe loves Fantasmic! as much as I do! :yea:

does that mean i can find balcony seating and dessert buffet tickets on ebay for $40,000?
      :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Wait ... when did Fantasmic close?? I wanted to see it next weekend.

I don't know what I'd do if Fantasmic! closed. I watch it at least once or twice a week. Sometimes I'll sit there on a Saturday and watch the first showing, then the Fireworks, and sit around for the second show. I think my fiancee's a little embarrassed because I sing along and dance with Mickey. I don't care though-- I really love it.

Ad Widget