Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Should DCA have rockin roller coaster?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Should DCA have rockin roller coaster?

This just came up to me right now. What if Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was placed in Hollywood Pictures Backlot? If it was to be put there, do you think that it will be in competition with California Screamin'?

Re: Should DCA have rockin roller coaster?

Yes I would like to see it.Hey some of us have never been to WDW in FL but I'm thinking instead of Aerosmith maybe the Red Hot Chilli Peppers or No Doubt(LA bands)probably where the Millionare/Flynns Arcade building is.BUT PLEASE GOD NOT Rock N Rollercoaster themed to the Jonas Bros or Hannah Montana!

Comment

I like the chilli peppers idea but it would make it a lot like rockin space mt.by the way wasnt RRC in the plans for DCA at first.

Comment

I remember rockin space mountain. Riding it sort of reminded me of rockin roller coaster.

Comment

You just came up with this? There is a thread about this all the time. Anyway, I don't like the idea at all. There is no room in the existing HPB area, it doesn't fit the new theme for the land, and DCA already has a very similar launch coaster with an inversion. I'd love to see an indoor coaster added to DCA, but not a clone of RnRC.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

Comment

Ah ok. Well I'm kind of new to micechat anyway, so I haven't really been looking at the past threads.

Comment

Originally posted by sh12ne1 View Post
              Ah ok. Well I'm kind of new to micechat anyway, so I haven't really been looking at the past threads.
              No stress -- I've seen repeats on here many times... sometimes if you don't search for the right keyword or if the threat gets buried, it's hard to tell a question has already been asked

I LOVE the Rockin' Roller Coaster and would love to see something simliar at DCA. I like the idea of a California band or something that represents the region... and, I just LOVE thrill rides. I had even contemplated a ride like RRC that revolves around Cars in the new area I've read about.
              "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
              DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

Next visit - still just a wish...

Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack

Comment

RnRC is a fun ride, but it would have never worked for DCA and especially the direction DCA and HPB are going. ToT was put in HPB because it fits with the 30's theme of that area (even though MI:MSTTR doesn't belong there), but if they did, a different band like Van Halen or Weezer. Aerosmith isn't from California.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                  You just came up with this? There is a thread about this all the time. Anyway, I don't like the idea at all. There is no room in the existing HPB area, it doesn't fit the new theme for the land, and DCA already has a very similar launch coaster with an inversion. I'd love to see an indoor coaster added to DCA, but not a clone of RnRC.
                  I looked it up rockin roller coaster starring no doubt was planed for DCA way back when so was it going to go

Comment

I think it would be awesome too bad I don't see enough room for it. The one in WDW is in such a big stage looking building. I would be for it as a different band for sure.
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker View Post
                      RnRC is a fun ride, but it would have never worked for DCA and especially the direction DCA and HPB are going. ToT was put in HPB because it fits with the 30's theme of that area (even though MI:MSTTR doesn't belong there), but if they did, a different band like Van Halen or Weezer. Aerosmith isn't from California.
                      Tower of Terror absolutely does not fit in the 30's theme of the area. The story is set in the present day, hence the abandoned grounds and hotel. The 30's was when the hotel had its heyday before it was struck by lightning and abandoned.

Comment

Considering the fact that urban decay of that kind occurs quite rapidly and there is no specifications for what timeperiod it currently is for ToT, it could very well be taking place near that time period.

Comment

I personally would hate to see another HUGE unthemed structure that takes up valuable property looming over the hollywood backlot area or any other part of DCA and only has a mostly unthemed coaster with blacklit flats. DCA needs another thrill ride but after a nice big family attraction is built.

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                            I personally would hate to see another HUGE unthemed structure that takes up valuable property looming over the hollywood backlot area or any other part of DCA and only has a mostly unthemed coaster with blacklit flats. DCA needs another thrill ride but after a nice big family attraction is built.
                            True

Comment

I think that it is a good way to use the wasted "Millionaire" building without going through the costs of ripping it out entirely and rebuilding something. Besides, what else can you really fit there without ripping out other attractions?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X