This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] DL in 1956

I came across these while going through boxes of old slides. I wasn't born yet, but my parents took my sister to Disneyland on August 27, 1956, almost 54 years ago to the day. There are more from this day, but I haven't found them yet.

Re: DL in 1956

I really like that one of Monstro, looks like he's about to chomp down on that crowd! I also like the lady sitting under the umbrella reading!
    Yaye!

Comment

Yeah, it looks like someone's Grandma got kind of bored, but was smart enough to bring the daily paper with her!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
        Yeah, it looks like someone's Grandma got kind of bored, but was smart enough to bring the daily paper with her!
        Nahhh, she's no doubt reading the Disney News that you could buy at the souvenir stands.

(Thanks for the pictures, BTW!)

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Aww man thats awesome! Mind if I save them?

also 300th post!

Comment

Holy rusted metal Batman, there is only 1 stroller and no cells phones in those pictures!! (I know, 1956, but come one, that was a little funny )
            Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post

Amazing how progress worked in those days ... how this area was eventually transformed into this:

Thanks for those pics. Just wonderful!!
              MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

You're welcome. Yes, save them. I know there are more from that day, I recall seeing some of the Indian Village, but I haven't come across them yet.

Comment

Note the light crowds (8/27/56 was a Monday), and the preponderance of adults! Looks like it might have been one of those hot & humid monsoon-August days, with rainclouds getting ready to cool things off.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                  Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                  imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

I love how well dressed everyone was back then.

Comment

Great pics, Bob!

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                      I love how well dressed everyone was back then.
                      Me too. And nowadays... yikes! I sometimes wish Disney had a strict dress code that prohibited a lot of the stuff that gets in there these days.

Comment

Oh my god....what was Walt thinking....there is no shade. ;-)
                        The Mur

Comment

Wow.I forgot that Casey Jr.Train and StoryBook Land was there from opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Victoria View Post
                            Great pics, Bob!

Me too. And nowadays... yikes! I sometimes wish Disney had a strict dress code that prohibited a lot of the stuff that gets in there these days.
                            u have no clue i was there last week and a larger girl had on shorts so short you could literally see her butt cheeks hangin out. why they sold shorts that short in that size is beyond me. im not trying to be mean or funny but its what she was wearing i was surprised to see that there.

amazing pics i love old disneyland and how simple yet ahead of its time it was

Comment

check out that kid's awesome red pair of pants and matching shoes. he was stylin'

great pics btw : )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X