Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How strict are they about bringing food in the parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How strict are they about bringing food in the parks?

I'm not planning to walk in with a cooler or anything but just wondering how much you can get away with. We're mostly looking to bring snacks like pretzels, fruit, cliff bars, etc.

Thank you!

Re: How strict are they about bringing food in the parks?

I've never had a problem, and I've taken in Subway sandwiches and snacks of all kinds. Just don't be obnoxious about it, and you'll be fine.

Comment

I thought they search bags for weapons, but maybe they're looking for food too. I had coconut water and an energy drink in clear sight. Their FAQ says:

"With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks."
      sigpic

Comment

I've seen a group of people bring a box of pizza they had just bought into DLR.

The rule is, as long as your food is fully assembled (strange term i know) than you're free to bring any food in. E.g. granola bars, chips, sandwiches, mcdonalds, etc..

I think the idea behind preventing people from bringing in diassembled food, is so that people don't try to set up shop to sell food. For example, the portable hot dog vendors seen at the Rose bowl during sports events.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Yeah, I have NEVER had an issue. Just try to leave the bucket of chicken out...
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I almost always pack a bag with fruit snacks, water, sometimes chips, and those Smuckers Uncrustables and I've never had a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
              Yeah, I have NEVER had an issue. Just try to leave the bucket of chicken out...
              Sadly, I've seen a family of four eating two buckets of KFC inside DL.

Comment

How strict are they about bringing food in the parks?
                Not nearly enough
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Thanks guys! It's so expensive to visit Disneyland and since we plan to be there 5 days we're trying to cut corners wherever we can. Good to know we can even bring in sandwiches.

Comment

It's bad but I always bring food for my little ones. Sandwiches, fruit, crackers and juice boxes. I buy lunch for myself but never for them. They're so darn picky and it's just easier that way (not to mention it saves money). Like everyone else has said though, they won't question it as long as you don't go overboard.

Comment

Remember not to bring anything in glass jars or bottles, or sharp utensils. They will confiscate those items. Otherwise they don't really seem to care. They can't know who has specialized diets or allergies and aren't going to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by jbean View Post
                        It's bad but I always bring food for my little ones. Sandwiches, fruit, crackers and juice boxes. I buy lunch for myself but never for them. They're so darn picky and it's just easier that way (not to mention it saves money). Like everyone else has said though, they won't question it as long as you don't go overboard.

I don't think that it is bad at all. People should be given the opportunity to enjoy a snack from home, especially for those who don't aways want, or can't afford the park treats.

We are called guests for a reason.
                        I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

No worries. I ready saw a guest in the park yesterday with a cooler.

Comment

not strict enough

however,
                            I think small snacks
                            aren't a huge issue.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

I've never thought about bringing snacks. I would just go back to the hotel room and get something to eat and rest for a bit. However, if you have kids, that's a different story. I know it's expensive but I'd rather eat as much DL junk as possible.
                              I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X