This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Paradise Bay Water ... BROWN?

Not sure if anybody has noticed, but over the weekend the water in Paradise Bay was a gross brown color. It almost looked like there was an oil spill or something. You can't really see it from this picture, but it's certainly not "blue" like it should be.

Made me glad the waves for Screamin' aren't working anymore.

Re: Paradise Bay Water ... BROWN?

You can tell the color towards the bottom of the track. I wonder if there is a filter that malfunctioned. I'd say something else but I don't want to litter box your thread.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to the WoC infrastructure. I was just commenting about this last weekend. Might be oil or something of the such.
      -Monorail Man

Comment

Whatever it is, it's gross.

Comment

I've heard people say that the dyed water would mess with the fountains...uhm...what about Fantasmic? Does the water mess with those fountains??

Comment

The Fantasmic fountains are much simpler than the WoC ones. Even so, the dirty Paradise Bay water can't be good for the WoC fountains, either.

Comment

You know when you mix all the Easter egg dye colors together and they turn a muddy brown?

That's exactly what is happening with all the colored water from WOC.

Comment

I noticed how brown it was this weekend. Just on the other side of the bridge the water is very clear.

Now all I can think about when watching WoC is that brown water is getting on me.

Comment

Hmm, sounds unappealing. I don't think it's ever blue, though. It's always more of a murky green color.

Comment

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fire's fuel. I've noticed that during the Hellfire scene, the flamethrowers don't ignite the fuel from time to time. Resulting in the fuel going into the water.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                    Indy Ride Count: 2211
                    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                      You know when you mix all the Easter egg dye colors together and they turn a muddy brown?

That's exactly what is happening with all the colored water from WOC.
                      ....and the green lasers don't help.
                      Originally posted by Grumpee
                      I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

yes! my boyfriend and i noticed the nasty looking water on sturday. we were thouroughly grossed out and then rememberd we were going to watch WoC up by the railing...we were not so excited about the water mist hitting us that night. :/

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

To me, this seems like a symptom of a much larger issue - the WoC platform. I've been pretty lenient on the folks at Disney for this break in show over this busy summer, but we're nearly 3 months removed now and it seems like nothing's been done. I can't wait until they scale WoC back to one show a night - WoC seriously needs some down time. Fix the platform to submerge it out of show mode, get all show elements working as reliably as they can, and finally get the water dyed.

Maybe by the time the MaliBOOMer is fully dismantled Paradise Pier will finally look the way it should.
                          *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                          *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                          *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Didn't you hear the news, BP is sponsoring World of Color now.

...too soon?
                            I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
                              I can't wait until they scale WoC back to one show a night...
                              Good...you don't have to. That started yesterday.

In all seriousness, though, I do hope that the platforms can stay submerged during the day before too long, and I'd like to see the water look nice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X