X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] If you could go back in time

What are some of the things you'd do?
    I'd have so many things to see after missing almost 2/3 of Disneyland history(born in 1989), but the #1 thing on my list would be to see Walt in person.
    Others:
    -Go back to 1955 and explore Mainstreet's old shops.
    -Everything in old Tomorrowland, boo new Tomorrowland.
    -Go see 1950s Frontierland where most of it hasn't become yesterland remnants yet.
    -See Bear Country
    -Walk through the old parking lot to the Disneyland entrance.

Re: If you could go back in time

I'd buy up land around DL.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
      I'd buy up land around DL.
      +1

Seriously though I'd actually like to see the area before Disneyland was built and then enjoy all of its original features and experience the newness of the concept with all the first visitors. I love reading about how so many people (including adults!) thought many elements of Disneyland were real when they first entered the park. It would be like entering as a child but with an awareness and memory that would be different from a childhood experience.
      Space Shuttle, this is flight safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car, and remain seated while in motion. You are clear for launch.

Twitter | Tumblr | LiveJournal

Comment

• Catch a show at the TAHITIAN TERRACE
        • Ride in the front of the MARK III MONORAIL
        • Drift over Fantasyland and Tomorrowland via the SKYWAY
        • Explore dangerous rapids aboard a MOTORBOAT CRUISE
        • Have a nice lunch behind the Pirate Ship within the mist of SKULL ROCK
        • Take a trip around the Rivers of America aboard a KEEL BOAT
        • Explore the world of the future aboard Tomorrows transportation the PEOPLEMOVER
        • Have breakfast at the AMERICAN EGG HOUSE.
        • Buy an authentic looking Frontierland RIFLE.
        • Go to sleep to the sound of the Mark Twain while sleeping in a tent at the VACATIONLAND CAMPGROUND

...and so much more, so very much more.
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Main thing for me would be to see the giant squid in the 20,000 Leagues exhibit, and ride Haunted Mansion a bunch of times in 1969 to see Hatbox and the original pop ups, etc etc
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Just thought of two more.
            -Swim in the Rivers of America and Jungle Cruise waterway before the green dye was added and before hundreds of ducks used them as a bathroom.
            -Go to right before the park was built and gather some oranges from the pre-Disneyland orange groves. I'd bring them back with me to the present day and hand them out at the next Micechat meet.
            Last edited by Irish Princess; 09-10-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I'd take the "secret" escape tunnel out of the fort on TSI-after having a sasparilla.
              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
              Mark Twain

Comment

I'd tell Walt not to smoke
                Then he'd might have lived longer
                Quote by Al:
                To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                  • Catch a show at the TAHITIAN TERRACE
                  That and:
                  - Go to the premiere event for Captain EO.
                  - Watch Walt's opening day speech.
                  - Take a ride on the Peoplemover though the Tron tunnel :thumbup:
                  - Ride Mission to Mars again.
                  AngryAP.com - Disneyland and Walt Disney World nostalgia | My Flickr

Comment

-Ride The Haunted Mansion at opening.
                    -See the New Tomorrowland when it was glorious and newly-opened. (Ride the Rocket Rods...)
                    -See LuminAria at DCA.
                    -See Golden Dreams at DCA.
                    -See Seasons of the Vine at DCA.
                    -See the DL version of Carousel of Progress.
                    -See Adventures Through Inner Space.

I'm a little inexperience with DL, but if this were a WDW thread my answers would be less embarrassing.
                    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Princess View Post
                      -Go to right before the park was built and gather some oranges from the pre-Disneyland orange groves. I'd bring them back with me to the present day and hand them out at the next Micechat meet.
                      Just so you know, much of the oranges grown where Disneyland is now were sold to a wholesaler who sold them at the Grand Central Market in downtown Los Angeles. All you would have needed to do was find the Perricone Citrus stand and chances are some of those oranges came from the grove where Disneyland is now.

Comment

I would love to go back and redo my first trip to Disneyland in May 1984 and ride Space Mountain in the front seat with my dad. He died about a year later in July 1985

Comment

I would go back to the 80's/90's with a camera this time, so I can take pix of my visits!

Comment

Originally posted by Vamped View Post
                            I would go back to the 80's/90's with a camera this time, so I can take pix of my visits!
                            60's-70's-80's for me...and I'd take a lot more pix of the backstage areas and kitchens where I worked...and most importantly, take a lot more pics of the many friends that I made, during one of the best periods of my life.
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

1. I would buy the Blue Bayou Restaurant sweatshirt when I had the chance.
                              2. I would move closer to Disneyland like I really wanted to but never did.
                              3. I would buy those cels which I looked through on a visit but didn't.
                              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X