Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western River Expedition as a new ride in Frontierland but in a different style?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Western River Expedition as a new ride in Frontierland but in a different style?

Western River Expedition May Be Coming to Disneyland - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I thought this was kind of interesting but I dont really care for the idea of trying to have that sort of interaction whithin the ride.

What are your thoughts?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Western River Expedition as a new ride in Frontierland but in a different style?

Love some of the ideas but instead of having long rafts and separate boats for guns and no guns why not have Keel Boats and have the topside be for guns and the bottom for non?

I also found the sources for this article a bit interesting:

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Re: Western River Expedition as a new ride in Frontierland but in a different style?

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
      Western River Expedition May Be Coming to Disneyland - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I thought this was kind of interesting but I dont really care for the idea of trying to have that sort of interaction whithin the ride.

What are your thoughts?

LINK:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...xpedition.html
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

It's pretty good, but the BB guns part doesn't appeal to me. I guess with the popularity of Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Midway Mania, they now assume any new ride has to also be a shooting gallery. They should make it so that it's still entertaining and immersive even without the shooting aspect. There should be more than one ride; i.e., a slow ride, a thrill ride and a walk through, all sharing the same real estate. Also the Disneyland Railroad can go right through it, even through a new mountain that would be built, and have a new station for the railroad in that area.

I hope they build it all north or west of the current Frontierland and not use any space within the current Frontierland except Big Thunder Ranch and the Festival of Fools stage. I hope they keep the lush forested area north of the river that was formerly Nature's Wonderland as-is. Or at most make it a walk-through area. I just hope they don't cut down any trees, because those take many years to reach full size. They should leave that as a nature preserve and maybe even have a few live deer strolling around, or cats that can be semi-domesticated such as ocelot or serval.

Frontierland desperately needs a new master plan, as does Tomorrowland, and the park as a whole desperately needs new ride capacity, to address the overcrowding situation that happens frequently. I'm all in favor of adding more attractions and not closing older ones, just because they happen to be out of fashion at the moment. So yes, I'm very glad to hear they are working on a major new expansion project.

Comment

We can only hope it is untrue...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

The article came up a few months ago and I think everyone in the thread agreed that the article was just a case of armchair Imagineering gone a bit too far.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X