Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    I noted, very pleasantly, that they had updated/upgraded the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough. I recalled from my 99 TR that I had "turned the turnstile a few extra times" - but there's no turnstile anymore. Instead, I noted nice, crisp animations, the color changing book at the end, and so on.

    I read that this re-opened not that long ago. Is there a thread/site that someone can point me to find out just what all changed, or can someone summarize?

    Thanks!

    "I DIG A.D.D."

  • #2
    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    Yesterland has a pretty good summary of the previous version:

    1977 Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through at Yesterland

    If you miss the old version, one of the old dioramas is in the Enchanted Chamber shop near the entrance:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

      Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
      Yesterland has a pretty good summary of the previous version:

      1977 Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through at Yesterland

      If you miss the old version, one of the old dioramas is in the Enchanted Chamber shop near the entrance:
      While I haven't seen this particular diorama (I've totally got to look for it now. I'm not even sure where the Enchanged Chamber shop is), there is a remnant of the old walkthrough over at one of the Emporium window displays. You'll see Aurora dancing with Prince Philip on a turntable of sorts. I believe they were from the very last scene in the old walkthrough which now houses the kissing scene. The dolls on display definitely show their wear, though. And the last few times I've gone, the turntable hasn't been spinning.

      Edit: I think in the above pic she either has a new wig or another doll was used that isn't originally from that scene. I looked at some old pics and video and she seems to have had straight hair in that scene rather than wavy.
      Last edited by Princess Victoria; 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

        You missed all those lonely years when the walkthrough was closed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

          Excellent link, thanks very much everyone! To be honest, it had been long enough (and my memory is spotty enough) that I mainly recalled that things had changed, but I didn't recall the old version that well - Yesterland to the rescue again!

          "I DIG A.D.D."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

            Originally posted by Chanfan View Post
            Excellent link, thanks very much everyone! To be honest, it had been long enough (and my memory is spotty enough) that I mainly recalled that things had changed, but I didn't recall the old version that well - Yesterland to the rescue again!
            Yesterland rocks.

            There's also some good videos on YouTube like this one:

            YouTube - Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland)

            I never got to see the old walkthrough, but this video gave me a pretty good idea of what it was like. It's too bad there's not a similar video for the original walkthrough, though the recreation on the Sleeping Beauty Bluray is very well-done.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

              Originally posted by Princess Victoria View Post
              Yesterland rocks.

              There's also some good videos on YouTube like this one:

              YouTube - Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland)

              I never got to see the old walkthrough, but this video gave me a pretty good idea of what it was like. It's too bad there's not a similar video for the original walkthrough, though the recreation on the Sleeping Beauty Bluray is very well-done.
              The recreation on the BluRay disk was actually the spark that helped get the Castle Walk-thru reopened. All the artwork for the animation was eventually used for art direction on the Castle rehab. The animation IS of the original walk-thru.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X