This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Koutesu's Disneyland 2010 Video Trip Report

It took almost 2 months, but I finally finished my vacation video slideshow for this year's trip. We spent 5 days starting July 18th thanks to a sale Disney had on their 3 day parkhoppers. We had a lot of fun and covered a lot. We also got to ride Star Tours during its final week of operation.

All 10 parts of my video can be viewed here, or directly on Youtube. We start out in DCA in parts 1 and 2, while part 2-10 are in Disneyland. You may see a few new things (like a 4 way split screen during Celebrate). Alice in Wonderland fans, you'll be in for a little flashback to 1985.

So grab some popcorn and a drink, and enjoy!

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 1

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 2

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 3

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 4

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 5

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 6

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 7

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 8

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 9

YouTube - Disneyland 2010 Part 10

Re: Koutesu's Disneyland 2010 Video Trip Report

Awesome!

PS-
    I just subbed you

Comment

Originally posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
      Awesome!

PS-
      I just subbed you

Subbed me?

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
        Subbed me?
        On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
          On YouTube
          Now I get it. I wasn't thinking outside Micechat.

Comment

Now that this thread has been out here for almost a week, here are some highlights:

-Music is from Final Fantasy, Sailor Moon/Sera Myu/PGSM, Sakura Taisen 3~Is Paris Burning?, Sakura Taisen 5~So Long, My Love, Disney Eurobeat, Alice in Wonderland

-Those are my little nieces wearing princess dresses (I'm in the last photo with Snow White and Aurora)

-"Mihata no Moto ni" is the opening song of "Sakura Taisen 3~Is Paris Burning?" and appears 3 times (opening part 1, the Ecole de Paris version in New Orleans Square for Tiana, and an instrumental version during the Fantasmic princess sequence). Translation: beneath the banner.

-Pirates uses "He's a Pirate", which is actually from Kingdom Hearts II, which is bookended by Final Fantasy 9 music. Treno, like the Blue Bayou, is in eternal twilight.

-The lightning and the attraction sound for the stretching room ARE MANUALLY SYNCED TOGETHER. What do you think of Phantom Manor's jazzier sounding "Grim Grinning Ghosts"?

-Since this visit happened after Disney closed Alice in Wonderland while they added a temporary fix to the leaf ramp, we take a look back at the Alice/Tea Cup area using previous footage/pictures, including a day/night shot of the leaf ramp.

-The music is for Alice in Part 6 is from the televised, 2 part Alice in Wonderland from 1985 by Irwin Allen and songs by the late Steve Allen, which featured an all star cast (Shelly Winters as the dodo, Sammy Davis Jr as the catepillar, Carol Channing as the White Queen, and the list goes on). "Why Do People..." is sung by Alice after leaving the Hatter's place while "Welcome Queen Alice" is from the movie's second part, "Alice Through the Looking Glass", where Alice has become a queen and meets both Wonderland and Looking Glass Land friends in her castle prior to the movie's climax (that's the Queen of Hearts who welcomes Alice at the end).

-From the depths of obscure Disney music, the tradition continues with Celebrate's music. Last year it was "DDD! Happy 65th Anniversary for Donald Duck", this year is "Ducks Dance Too". It's all in a 4 way split screen.

-Pluto warps us to tomorrow via the old time warp behind the Door of Space/Time in part 8.

-Also in part 8, people enjoying Captain EO in Tokyo Disneyland.

-Fans of "Sakura Taisen 5~So Long, My Love" will recognize be happy to know that Frontierland is represented by Gemini Sunrise's instrumental theme "My Dream", Rancho del Zocalo is represented by Rikaritta Aries' theme (I misspelled it in the video because I had the small "tsu" katakana in her name in the wrong place in my head), and Kujou Subaru's theme "Shining Constellation" is used for the monorail pictures. The monorail video clips use the instrumental of the New York Kagekidan's theme "Chijou no Senshi", which you hear during the game's eyecatches.

-Part 9's Star Tours segment's audio is from the attraction's queue advertisements and safety spiel. The safety woman's video and audio WERE MANUALLY SYNCED TOGETHER. We also see more people riding the attraction at Tokyo Disneyland.

-After the princesses in Fantasmic, the song "We'll Be the Last Victory" comes from "Forest of Transylvania", which is from the Sailor Moon musical. It's a good vs evil song as the sailor soldiers fight Lilith of Darkness (Lilith said to be Adam's first wife), Vampiru (daughter of Count Dracul and Le Fay), Sailor Astarte (sailor soldier of a binary planet Vulcan/Death Vulcan), and Elizabeth Bathory (known for torturing and killing young women). The revision of "Forest of Transylvania" replaces Elizabeth with Marquise de Brinvilliers (serial poisoner) and adds a revived Count Dracul.

-We close with the instrumental version of "Moment Fatal", the closing theme song for "Birth! Princess of Darkness, Black Lady" from Sailor Moon musical.

Comment

I really enjoyed how you put this all together, especially the music. Oh, and thanks for listing it all as well.

It is always nice to see trip reports from people who don't go too often to the park, as I always get to see things I don't pay much attention to.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                I really enjoyed how you put this all together, especially the music. Oh, and thanks for listing it all as well.

It is always nice to see trip reports from people who don't go too often to the park, as I always get to see things I don't pay much attention to.
                Thanks. I only get to go each year in the summer (in most cases), so I always have to make the most of it and do as much as possible. In the olden days of the '80s and '90s, it used to be only one day and one day only, so we had to cover as much as possible in only one day.

I will share one little secret here on Micechat. Downtime, which can be things like waiting in line or waiting for someone to come out of the restroom, I tend to think, and that can involve thinking of things I've seen like the attractions, movies, or video games, so sometimes I already have an idea of what I want to do when I put that section of video together (like mixing 1985 Alice in Wonderland with the ride or putting Gemini Sunrise and Frontierland together, since she is a samurai cowgirl after all).

Some things, like the the split screens, are experiments, but are easy to pull off. You might get dizzy with Celebrate's 4 way split screen, but it was surprisingly simple to produce.

Comment

....well you just stole part of my driving to disneyland soundtrack I listen to most of the seramyu soundtracks on my way to disneyland. These videos are a cool mash of stuff I see and hear myself.

These were great videos and honestly you've done more with them than I ever would I just take random pics when I'm at disneyland.

Bravo on all the vids!
                  Last edited by tuxhero; 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X