Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Reason To Believe DLR 3rd Theme Park and A Waterpark Not Too Far Away

Now that Disneyland Paris has officially announced a third gate, it seems logical that stateside Disneyland Resort would not be too far behind in announcing it's long rumored 3rd gate. The new paris part is estimated to open by the end of the decade. It is reasonable to expect DLR to not stand idle, and that an announcement of a new park may take place in a year or two,..around the same time as an official announcement of Phase II of the DCA makeover.

We should expect a waterpark, too. Granted the waterpark (designed in part by Disney Imagineers) would be part of a residential community connected with the DLP resort. Nevertheless, DLR's new competitive mindset wouldn't allow itself to not continue what would be a trend in Disney waterparks being a high profile part of the dynamic of resorts. Orange County weather will not cause DLR to perhaps end up the only resort without a waterpark....as I'm sure that other Disneyparks (overseas) without waterparks will soon have them. It also looks pretty bad for WDW to have two, and DLR none.

Source (of DLP 3rd gate annnouncement): Disney And More
    Projection of DLR theme park three announcement: myself
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Reason To Believe DLR 3rd Theme Park and A Waterpark Not Too Far Away

I don't think you can read too much into the DLP plans. It's my understanding that they had to build in Paris or possibly lose the site to another theme park company. I do think a third gate and water park will both happen eventually, but I don't think we'll get an announcement for a few more years.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Comment

The difference is the DLRP has two parks that are working well whereas DLR has one park that isn't performing up to wishes. Nothing will happen AT LEAST until DCA Phase I is done and has been going for a couple years. There will probably be a couple other small refurb projects in DCA before any 3rd gate is even thought about.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
        The difference is the DLRP has two parks that are working well whereas DLR has one park that isn't performing up to wishes.
        Walt Disney Studios Paris actually is in worse shape than DCA, and makes DCA looks great.

My understanding is that Disney had to announce that they would build a third theme park in order to make sure they are able to secure the land for the third theme park now.

Comment

i hope a 3rd gate is in the plans, of course after DCA is done with updates!
          So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
            We should expect a waterpark, too. Granted the waterpark (designed in part by Disney Imagineers) would be part of a residential community connected with the DLP resort.
            er... Oh... kay?

Projection of DLR theme park three announcement: myself
            Ah. Gotcha.

Comment

This news keeps getting misreported ... it isn't the announcement of a third theme park - that's been known since the original contract was signed (back when they thought DLP would be as popular as WDW, they said they'd build a third gate by 2017). What this contract has done is push the deadline back to 2030, so DLP might not get a third gate for twenty more years if the money isn't right. In exchange, the French government has got some guarenteed economic activity happening very soon in its place with the new village.

DLRP has two parks that are working well
              Surely that's not right! DLP still has horrible financial strains as a result of the massive loans it still carries, and Walt Disney Studios Paris is in worse condition than DCA was even before the overhaul. It's smaller and has a LOT fewer guests (it's the only Disney park not to make the top 25 most visited theme parks list published by TEA). That park needs 800 million just as much as DCA.

Beastly Kingdom
              ? Sci-fi City? Pirateland? Port Disney? Discovery Bay?
              My website: The Neverland Files - all about Disney projects that never got built!
              My blog: Disneyology - Imagineering news and commentary!

Comment

Like others said, Walt Disney Studios Paris makes California Adventure look fabulous.
                Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

The difference is the DLRP has two parks that are working well whereas DLR has one park that isn't performing up to wishes. Nothing will happen AT LEAST until DCA Phase I is done and has been going for a couple years. There will probably be a couple other small refurb projects in DCA before any 3rd gate is even thought about.
                  i think you have that backwards.....
                  So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

it seems logical
                    Actually, RW, your logic is flawed, as has been pointed out... 2030 is not a big announcement.

Comment

even if the logic is flawed, i like the idea! i think the new park would have to be some thing original that we haven't seen before. because DCA is basically just different parts of other Disney parks thrown together.
                      i like to call it "DISNEY S SAMPLER ADVENTURE!"
                      So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

I call it Disney's Whatsmythemeagain Park.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                          They're going to rehash that one again??

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                            lol, but to be honest i didn't care when i was there.... but yeh i do wish they had at least picked some good themes to miss mash and loosely tie together!
                            Last edited by williamtheking; 09-15-2010, 04:48 PM.
                            So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

The difference is the DLRP has two parks that are working well
                              ehh.. no. WDS is the worst additional gate in all of Disney.

and as others have stated... RW and others are misreading the DLP news. It's Disney getting an extension on how long they have until they are required to develop the land. It's a grant to delay any third gate, not confirmation to build one soon.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X