Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What's going on with Star Tours?

Ok I'm a bit slow and I'm not sure whats going on with Star Tours. Are they changing it or starting fresh aghhh I'm lost.

Thank you

Re: What's going on with Star Tours?

Just a much needed revamp of the ride. New simulators, new ride destinations, but no more REX

I would try to search it through MiceChat, there have been a few threads on it that can go into more detail of what they are doing.

Comment

Changing up the ride and im glad endor was getting boring

Star Tours 2.0 In 3D Arriving in 2011 | The Disney Blog
      if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMenTellNoTalez View Post
        endor was getting boring
        How many times did you make it there? Every time I rode, I had a really bad pilot and I never actually got to Endor. Looks like now I'll never get a chance.

Okay, in all seriousness, Star Tours is getting a complete redo. New routes that mix-and-match to create lots of different possible experiences, all in 3D, updated queue, new characters, and the whole thing will be set between the two Star Wars trilogies. Should open next year.

Comment

To the OP, I suggest reading the two Project Trackers in the Disneyand forum (one for Disneyland, one for DCA) for info on the projects. The bulk of the posts are banter but the first post of each of those threads contains great info and links to more information.

Comment

/obligatory

They are adding a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              How many times did you make it there? Every time I rode, I had a really bad pilot and I never actually got to Endor. Looks like now I'll never get a chance.
              My son was 4 last time we rode the ride. July 4th! When the screen came down and he saw the same dang robot with the same dang spiel my son said "Mom, he just says that every time because he is a bad driver!"

Oh to be a kid again!
              --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Love it! :thumbup:

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm exctied

Comment

Star Tours II will be so good that all the other rides will be walk-ons when it opens in 2011.

Comment

The new Star Tours will be the best thing George Lucas has been involved with in 20 years.

Comment

Are they actually replacing the simulators? I was under the impression that the existing ones were getting a refurb but would be remaining?

I read somewhere that the simulators were installed through a hole in the building during the original installation so, if true, I can't see them easily removing the old ones let alone installing brand new ones.

That said, I hope the new version is open before May 15th. Going to be at the resort that week.
                        The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
                        DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
                        DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
                        Planned Trip: DLR August 2017 & WDW March 2019

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
                        270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Comment

George Kalogridis announced at destination D that there will be 54 possible locations. Also Tom Fitzgerald showed concept art of two new characters that they are designing for the new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfnatc View Post
                            George Kalogridis announced at destination D that there will be 54 possible locations. Also Tom Fitzgerald showed concept art of two new characters that they are designing for the new ride.
                            I think it was more like 54 possible scenarios that could happen on a trip. I doubt there will be that many destinations.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing there will be three first scenes, six middle scenes, and then 3 ending scenes. Or something like that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X