X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Flynn's Arcade - 80s Games and Tokens

Catapult Back to 1982 at Flynn?s Arcade at ElecTRONica Disney Parks Blog

Very soon, guests will have a chance to relive the days when PAC-MAN was king as our incredibly talented Imagineers at Walt Disney Imagineering have recreated Flynn’s Arcade from the upcoming film “TRON: Legacy” — exclusively for ElecTRONica at Disney California Adventure park.

Flynn’s Arcade, of course, was owned by Jeff Bridges’ character Kevin Flynn and was first seen in the original “TRON” film. Since Kevin Flynn’s disappearance in the late 80s, this fictional arcade has been boarded up and powered down…until now!
    Here’s something else for you, since all the games in Flynn’s Arcade will require token use, we thought we would give you a look at how the game token went from concept and design…
    I'm pretty stoked. Heck I'm even looking forward to collecting some of the cool tokens

PS. Is that the photographer's finger in the photo of Flynn's Arcade?

Re: Flynn's Arcade - 80s Games and Tokens

Yah, I'm stoked as well. I'm even at the point of forgiving them for putting it in HPB and not Tomorrowland. They're gonna make so much money selling those ding dang tokens too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I was just about to post this. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of arcade games they'll have. I'm definitely taking one of the tokens back home with me.

Comment

I'm going to take a stab at the games....

Here's what I'm thinking (but probably more)
        Centipede, PacMan, Berzerk, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Track and Field, Red Baron, Battlezone, Buck Rogers, Asteroids, Joust, Defender, Gauntlet, Tron....

Probably a foosball table, air hockey and pinball (I'm guessing only 1 of each of these though)...

Comment

If it's a real arcade, it makes me wish they'd re-open the top half of the Starcade with the games after they're done.

Comment

Originally posted by M3wThr33 View Post
            If it's a real arcade, it makes me wish they'd re-open the top half of the Starcade with the games after they're done.
            I was half way through writing about how much of an awesome idea this is, then I realized that games from the 1980s wouldn't help Tomorrowland's theme issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
              I was half way through writing about how much of an awesome idea this is, then I realized that games from the 1980s wouldn't help Tomorrowland's theme issues.
              Eh, the future is all texting and bleeps and bloops.

Comment

Hopefully the tokens cost what they did in 1982 as well. I'm assuming with the expected game selection, they will.

Comment

I bet those tokens will hold up in value better than the U.S. quarters used to buy them.
                  Last edited by brian11811; 10-07-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

If they would've put Tron in Tomorrowland, they could've just used Starcade as-is.

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
                      Hopefully the tokens cost what they did in 1982 as well. I'm assuming with the expected game selection, they will.
                      they just answered this question on the blog:

Robin Trowbridge on October 7th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Joshua, you asked about the cost of the coin, well, Thor got it right. The tokens will have a 25 cent value. And, all games take just ONE coin to play! Cool, right?
                      - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                        Figured it'd be one of the first ones answered when I saw the question on the blog. Very cool. Sounds like this may be very 1982ish.

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                          Wow $.25 per?! That's WAY cheaper than I thought it'd be.
                          Maybe not as cheap as I'd like, but still cheaper than I thought they'd be.

Comment

i'm happy with my FREE Flynn's Arcade tokens from ComicCon this past year :]

Comment

Originally posted by TON-E View Post
                              i'm happy with my FREE Flynn's Arcade tokens from ComicCon this past year :]
                              I had my tickets. I had my glow sticks. But it closed before I could get a chance to check it out.
                              Really bummed I missed it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X