Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do they take down Christmas at the Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When do they take down Christmas at the Disneyland Resort?

We are going to the DLR early in 2011, and I was curious when they would be taking down the Christmas overlay, and how long does it take? I know it takes 3 weeks or so to put up Haunted Mansion Holiday, does it take that long to take it back down? I mostly would hate to miss Small World.
    TIA, Penny
    visit my Disneyland Vaction Blog at:
    www.disneylandforfamilies.blogspot.com

Re: When do they take down Christmas at the Disneyland Resort?

I think shortly after New Years it gets taken down. I think the advertisement has been from Nov 13th thru Jan 2nd, but don't quote me on those exact dates.
    sigpic

Comment

One of your best friends: Special Events | Disneyland Resort

Holidays at Disneyland | Disneyland Resort

Holidays at Disney end the first Sunday (last day) in January. In years past it has been extended to the second Sunday if New Years Day falls on that Sunday (I believe).

Rides can take two to the weeks to return, but I believe all decor is gone within the week.
      Last year they did do something different. SW didn't close at the same time (sunday night after park closes) as HM. I think they closed it a few weeks later. That was 2010, we'll have to see what happens in 2011.
      Last edited by DLFreak71; 10-08-2010, 12:45 PM.
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
        I think shortly after New Years it gets taken down. I think the advertisement has been from Nov 13th thru Jan 2nd, but don't quote me on those exact dates.
        Sounds right. Jan. 2nd is a Sunday.

Comment

In point of fact, some of it begins to disaoppear Christmas morning. The first and most obvious disppearance is that of Santa himself who departs his temporary residence at Big Thunder Ranch's Circle D at closing on Christmas Eve, and heads out to deliver his toys and then back to the North Pole for a well deserved break. His reindeer are still on display, but he's gone.
          Last edited by ttrocc7007; 10-08-2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: forgot an 'n'
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
            In point of fact, some of it begins to disaoppear Christmas morning. The first and most obvious disppearance is that of Santa himself who departs his temporary residence at Big Thunder Ranch's Circle D at closing on Christmas Eve, and heads out to deliver his toys and then back to the North Pole for a well deserved break. His reindeer are still on display, but he's gone.
            Forgot about that. But he still does the parade.
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

That's what I needed to know! I thought I had checked the special events page, but I guess I didn't read closely enough. We aren't going to be there until february, so everything should be back to normal. I'd just hate for my three year old to miss small world. He really is mesmerised by it. Plus, I still haven't gotten to see the new "bride" in HM, we keep hitting the park durning the NBC overlay. Thank you everyone for you help, it means we can stick to our original plan of going in February.
              visit my Disneyland Vaction Blog at:
              www.disneylandforfamilies.blogspot.com

Comment

I think Small World goes down after HM is changed back, so it may be closed in Feb.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X