Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Would a Princess and the Frog ride fit in New Orleans Square or Fantasyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Would a Princess and the Frog ride fit in New Orleans Square or Fantasyland?

What if Disney was planning on making a Princess and the Frog attraction. Where would they put it? It's a tie between New Orleans Square (the movie takes place in New Orleans) and Fantasyland. I vote Fantasyland but where do you think it would go?
    New Orleans Square
    70.42%
    Fantasyland
    12.68%
    I don't want a Princess and the Frog ride
    16.90%

The poll is expired.

Re: Would a Princess and the Frog ride fit in New Orleans Square or Fantasyland?

Definitely NOS. As much as I love HM and POTC, I would think that a Princess and the Frog ride would expand the appeal of NOS to younger children (I.E. those terrified by the Mansion)
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

Comment

Re: Would a Princess and the Frog ride fit in New Orleans Square or Fantasyland?

FL, I want my NOS to be dark and mysterious... but than again the Princess and the Frog meet and greet is there.
      Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
      Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

Comment

Finding room in NOS would be quite complicated.

Comment

It would be a perfect replacement for Winnie in Critter Country...but they won't remove it sadly.
          https://twitter.com/#!/rollinwiththeho

Comment

^I agree. It would bridge the gap between NOS and Critter Country very nicely.

Comment

^^ What gap? There is no gap - Splash Mountain already bridged that back in 1989.

Comment

NOS fror sure you could make the line entrance in NOS and have it wind to a place where there is room. If you use the villian right you could keep it a little darker since he;s a voodoo guy. I think it would be awesome if they made a dark ride somehow there.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Would the theme fit? The answer is yes.

Would there be a place for it? The answer is no.
                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Didn't we just do this about 5 Months ago (several times in that month too)
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by rage View Post
                      FL, I want my NOS to be dark and mysterious... but than again the Princess and the Frog meet and greet is there.
                      If the ride was centered around Dr. Faciller the ride would be AMAZING in NOS!

Comment

Tiana's Showboat Jubilee was one of DL's most amazing shows in it's history. Unfortunately, it only was given 8 weeks. It combined so much of what Disneyland already had, with the Mark Twain and New Orleans Square setting, the musical talent, and added in the great music from the movie, some great talent and costumes, and turned it into a big New Orleans parade celebration and show.

Tony Baxter really wanted to do something for The Princess and the Frog on a permanent basis in New Orleans Square in Disneyland, as Disneyland Anaheim is the only Disney park in the world WITH a "New Orleans Square". It is a perfect match.

One thing that had been suggested is to turn a New Orleans restaurant into a place for Princess Tiana - mix in some songs from her movie - and it's a perfect fit. But that has yet to happen.

One thing done recently, was to update the soundtrack for the Mark Twain, which now DOES start off with one of songs from TPATF. And they could add some other small additions, perhaps instead of the soundtrack on the 2nd level, they could change it to Dr Facilier, perhaps they could find another area in NOS to add a Madame Odie soundtrack.

And since we are talking about TPATF, it's really sad that DL didn't bring back Dr Facilier for HalloweenTime. Quite frankly, the character meet and greet for the Villains this year needs some new blood.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I think instead of a ride a Dr Facilier Vodoo Shop would fit in quite nicely in NOS, or to go along with a ride for that matter.

Comment

Or how about a ride where you stumble into Facilier's shop and he transforms you into a frog, that I think would be amazing.

Comment

I definitely agree that NOS is the place for TPATF. And to be honest, I know that Critter Country is its own place, but if you took out WTP and replaced it with TPATF, you could chalk the whole are up as to part of NOS. Sounds crazy I know, but if you think about it, SM really is based around the deep south and NOS is also. That whole back corner could be changed up to make them mesh together better, and I don't think anyone would really miss it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X