Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see an actual ride *on* Tom Sawyer's Island?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Would you like to see an actual ride *on* Tom Sawyer's Island?

If so, what is there space for? What would fit thematically?

(Please no "I don't care, just get the pirates out of there!!" comments...we've already flogged that dead horse. :thumbdown )

Re: Would you like to see an actual ride *on* Tom Sawyer's Island?

Nah. What I would really like to see is Fort wilderness restored to its original state.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
      nah. What i would really like to see is fort wilderness restored to its original state.
      ^THIS!

Besides, a ride on the Island sounds Knottsberryfarmish to me.
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Hmm.. Maybe a dark ride with Mr.Appleseed? Even a Princess and the frog ride would work, if they made the island a bayou swamp land like where naveen and tiana found mama ode..

but i know a lot of micechatters would hate that..

So im sticking with a dark ride of adventures with some of the older characters (mike flint, tom sawyor, and Mr.appleseed)

Comment

No. I don't think TSI was ever meant to have rides on it. It's just supposed to be a fun place to explore.

Comment

how about ichabod crane?
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
              how about ichabod crane?
              I think that would be a fun ride to put in the Festival Arena, but not on TSI.

Comment

It's a cool idea in theory. I'm a little concerned about how many riders it would realistically draw, though...you wouldn't be able to just walk to the ride. You'd have to take the ferry to the island and then walk all the way to the back of the island where the attraction would presumably be. That requires time and knowledge - two things that many guests may not have a surplus of. This wouldn't be an attraction you could just decide to get in line for as you walked by.

The other option is to build the queue and loading area on the mainland and then tunnel under ROA, a la Big Thunder at DLP. That would surely draw bigger crowds and make it more convenient for us...I don't know if it'd be feasible to build that tunnel, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                  Nah. What I would really like to see is Fort wilderness restored to its original state.
                  +1

The current structure looks awful. I cant believe Disney let the original fall into such disrepair, and then replaced it with that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post

The other option is to build the queue and loading area on the mainland and then tunnel under ROA, a la Big Thunder at DLP. That would surely draw bigger crowds and make it more convenient for us...I don't know if it'd be feasible to build that tunnel, though.
                    Wouldn't even have to tunnel.....have the rafts be stage one of the ride(like the elevator in The Haunted Mansion).

Comment

I would think that'd be pretty restrictive in terms of capacity, but I could be wrong. In any case, it's certainly an awesome idea to think about!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                        I would think that'd be pretty restrictive in terms of capacity...
                        Yeah, you're probably right........maybe instead of putting a ride on the Island they could just bring back the Fort and the Keel Boats

Comment

I'd settle for that.

Comment

Maybe not a "ride" but an overall retheme. a minn-botique park within a park

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                              Yeah, you're probably right........maybe instead of putting a ride on the Island they could just bring back the Fort and the Keel Boats
                              I agree. I don't want to see a ride on the island. I enjoy going over there with my boys and just running around. Can you imagine how crowded it would be if there was a ride over there? No thank you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X