• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XterraceEmp
    Disneyland with Bob Ross
    • Mar 2005

DLRR - Primeval World

Just curious to anyones thoughts as to what if anything they could be doing to this area of the DLRR while its in refurb. I've always liked this part of the train ride, yet the mural is in need of some paint and I think with the newer technology some better effects could be done. Perhaps upgrade the AA.

Anythoughts or ideas?
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace
  • The Mad Hatter
    • Jan 2005

I think it'd be great to update it. Although I'll bet that alot of people would say to scrap that whole diorama building for a new ride.

Comment

• XterraceEmp
      Disneyland with Bob Ross
      • Mar 2005

I don't think that would likely be possible since majority of the show building is backstage behind the old locker rooms/showers and the old costume department. The trussels from harbor is the blank spot in the show before it gets to the primeval world. I haven't been to DL in a while so I can't recall as to the order of the Grand Canyon a long time ago then the blank spot then the dinosaurs.
      When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

Comment

• SurfedUpDane
        Sock Puppet
        • Jan 2005

I think the primeval world is fantastic! The dinosaur eating the leaves was not working very well the last time I was there, so a thurough refurb is in good order. As far as putting a ride in that building though, I don't even think that would be possible considering it's size and current usage.
        Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

• Gregor
          Lurker
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          I think it'd be great to update it. Although I'll bet that alot of people would say to scrap that whole diorama building for a new ride.
          ...and re-use the dinosaur theming for a Countdown to Extinction ride. Fit nicely into TL with the time machine aspect.

Comment

• dshimel
            Banned User
            • Feb 2005

Well, it's very "historical". Our thoughts on how Dinos looked and lived has changed substantially in the last 30-40 years... The diorama shows just how much.

Comment

• tikitone 74
              • Mar 2005

Hopefully they're dusting off the dead animals in the Grand Canyon Diorama.

Comment

• Giant Panda
                My Children's Father
                • Jan 2005

I think they should put a loop in ....
                "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

• Jspider
                  • Jan 2005

from what I've heard it's mostly just fresh paint and a good dustoff and fixup

but alot of these upgrades are not okayed until the last minute to prevent leaks (or so I hear)
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• desertdweller
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2005

Just curious how many in here know that the prehistoric world is just a small portion of the NY World's Fair exhibit Disney created for the Ford Motor Company Pavillion. It was much like SW except one rode through the exhibit in Ford convertibles. When Knotts did their Kingdom of the Dinosaurs attraction it reminded me a lot of the feeling the original Disney version gave. There was also a whole section of early man with groupings of humanoids in various tableaus. I believe all those cavemen were given a makeover and recast as the pirates in POTC.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

• DznyVan
                      Disney fans for life!
                      • Jan 2005

I recall that some time ago DL put out notice that they were going to dismantle the exhibit. Then Jurassic Park hit the theatre's and a renewed interest in Dino's appeared, so they decided to leave it in place after all. I am glad that they did.

BTW- I was flying on Delta airlines once and they were playing that theme music from the Dino exhibit. Don't know the name of it, but it sounds like a funky old time western song. Anyway, when I realized what I was listening to, I just had to tell somebody. I think the guy that was sitting next to me requested to change seats after my comment about the DL music!!! :lol:

Comment

• Giant Panda
                        My Children's Father
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DznyVan
                        I recall that some time ago DL put out notice that they were going to dismantle the exhibit. Then Jurassic Park hit the theatre's and a renewed interest in Dino's appeared, so they decided to leave it in place after all. I am glad that they did.

BTW- I was flying on Delta airlines once and they were playing that theme music from the Dino exhibit. Don't know the name of it, but it sounds like a funky old time western song. Anyway, when I realized what I was listening to, I just had to tell somebody. I think the guy that was sitting next to me requested to change seats after my comment about the DL music!!! :lol:
                        The funky old western song is in the Grand Canyon portion ... it's probably from some symphony ....
                        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

Comment

• Importance
                          • Jan 2005

Comment

• Druggas
                            Hooterville, USA
                            • Feb 2005

Dinosaurs are just like the subs, people mover, and sky buckets. Outdated, but always a pleasure to ride.
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• dshimel
                              Banned User
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Druggas
                              Dinosaurs are just like the subs, people mover, and sky buckets. Outdated, but always a pleasure to ride.
                              With the significat difference that they are MUCH cheaper to maintain since they are an "add-on" to the train rather than being a separate ride system.

Comment

• mamabot
                                Rally Vixen
                                MiceChat Administrator
                                • Jan 2005

At one point I was told that the soundtrack for the Grand Canyon & Primeval world was composed by Buddy Baker. I looked at his bio and it wasn't listed on there. I am going to have to do some more research on this one.
                                Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                                I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• VWSpawn
                                  Minion
                                  • Jan 2005

I like the Dinosaurs and I do believe that they are the same ones that are in Fantasia. Some new paint and a little dusting is all both the Dinos and the Grand Canyon need.

Comment

• desertdweller
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Feb 2005

A poster a few before you, Mama got it right. It is the "On The Trail" portion from Frederick Groffe's Grand Canyon Suite.
                                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

• EmeralineDragon
                                      Cranky Dragon is Cranky
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                                      I think they should put a loop in ....
                                      Ohhh, does that mean the train's going to have a launch start now?
                                      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                                      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

• Giant Panda
                                        My Children's Father
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by EmeralineDragon
                                        Ohhh, does that mean the train's going to have a launch start now?
                                        Yes, but only at the TL station, to keep themeing appropriate ...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X