This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Newsies Musical in DCA

Now i know i am about to be e-ttacked for this, but after aladdin has run its course in hyperion, how bout a mini version of NEWSIES!!!!!

Seriously, i think it has potential. Or maybe, a mini mini version on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot Stage.

I'd like to see a hyperion production tho.

Commence the barrage of angry comments, now!
    Life begins when the season starts...nothing matters between november and march

Re: Newsies Musical in DCA

How about an original show using Disney characters? Save movie based musicals for Fantasyland Theater.

Comment

Newsies in Hollywoodland isn't an outlandish idea at all! Early concept art shows that the Imagineers considered a Newsies show taking place on one of the Red Cars they're building. I don't know whether it was linked to the film itself or not, but it definately shows they could fit as streetmosphere. The film probably isn't well known enough to support a Hyperion show though.

Beastly Kingdom
      ? Sci-fi City? Pirateland? Port Disney? Discovery Bay?
      My website: The Neverland Files - all about Disney projects that never got built!
      My blog: Disneyology - Imagineering news and commentary!

Comment

I hope they keep Aladdin around long enough until I get to see it...which wont be for another few years at least.

Comment

I think that is a fabulous idea! I hear Newsies music (Sante Fe) all the time when I walk through the backlot. If we are our own team on this one I'm okay with that. I adore the musical! I wore my VHS out in middle school, had to buy a second one, and now have the DVD...siiiiigh
          sigpic

Comment

This idea has been suggested an incredible number of times.

It won't happen though. Why? Because "Newsies" is already softly being developed by Alan Menken and Disney Theatrical as one of their upcoming Broadway productions.

Red Trolley concept art is cute though. If the musical opens and is successful, I could see a street show occurring.

Comment

Well, williamtheking thinks a stunt show should be in Hollywoodland. So, how about a stunt show? Is there even enough room for one in that theater?

Comment

Only if my love Christian Bale is in it .
                Space Shuttle, this is flight safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car, and remain seated while in motion. You are clear for launch.

Twitter | Tumblr | LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by CaMeron142 View Post
                  Now i know i am about to be e-ttacked for this, but after aladdin has run its course in hyperion, how bout a mini version of NEWSIES!!!!!

Seriously, i think it has potential. Or maybe, a mini mini version on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot Stage.

I'd like to see a hyperion production tho.

Commence the barrage of angry comments, now!
                  I'd totally see that.
                  However, just saw Aladdin last night and they are never gunna come close to topping the current event jokes the Genie spits out!

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                    It won't happen though. Why? Because "Newsies" is already softly being developed by Alan Menken and Disney Theatrical as one of their upcoming Broadway productions.
                    They're already workshopping
                    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Played Newsies to my developmentally disabled students a few times and they loved it. So I got the tape and DVD and with many showings of it over time, I can probably audition for a role. It could work a whole lot better as a street theater sort of show and would be better than the HSM stuff.
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

This is so cool!! I didnt know this many people liked, or even heard of newsies, for that matter.

I can remember watching that movie for as long as i can remember. I remember one afternoon trying to learn the 2nd seize the day dance.

I can see it as an outdoor, street thing. That's be awesome!!

I know the movie pretty much BOMBED when it first came out, but it seems to have a fairly large following now, and i'd love to see it pop up in the parks somewhere. It loosely fits the new time era theming (only about 20-30 years off).

I can see it now, i hope something comes to fruition.

Comment

Can it start off slowly with Santa Fe??? Love, love, love that song.

"When I dream, on my own
                          I'm alone, but I ain't lonely.

For a dreamer night's the only time of day."
                          Space Shuttle, this is flight safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car, and remain seated while in motion. You are clear for launch.

Twitter | Tumblr | LiveJournal

Comment

Swell to Carryin the Banner

Transition to The World Will Know

Build to King of LA (thats right, i'm taking some poetice license to fit the theme!)

Finale with a Carryin the Banner reprise...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X