Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Cast Member Photo ID's in the 1960's??

I am doing research for Mickey 3 and am having trouble locating the answer to my question: Did Disneyland have photo ID's on cast members in the mid-1960's?

I'd appreciate any help you can give!

Thank you!
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Re: Cast Member Photo ID's in the 1960's??

This is getting buried...lol

Are there any longtime cast members in here who might know?

Thanks again!
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I have Earl Vilmer's photo ID, but I don't know what date it is. The photo is in color, and I'm guessing it's from the 1960s. I'll try to remember to look at it tonight.

Then again, I'm not srue Vilmer qualifies as what most of us think as CMs.

Comment

Isn't there someone on the boards that collects name tags? I think they would be the most likely person to be able to confirm what was used in the various departments back then.
        The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
        -Walt Disney

Comment

Name tags and photo IDs are different, but SosaiX is the guy you're thinking of.

Comment

A 1965 CM photo ID is on Davelandweb.com's /tomorrowland/flightcircle.html page.

The CM was hired and employed by the L.M. Cox Mfg. Co. (maker of Timble-Drome model airplanes and sponsor of the Flight Circle) -- I dunno if Disneyland-hired CMs had a different style ID card.
            "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

That's pretty much how Vilmer's ID looks like, Mr. W. Different color though, as I recall.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X