Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA: What Will You Miss The Most? What Have You Been Missing The Most?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] DCA: What Will You Miss The Most? What Have You Been Missing The Most?

The question(s) is/are simple: What will you miss most about DCA once the construction has subsided? What have you already begun missing that has already been taken out?

Personally, one thing I will miss greatly is the sunshine "hubcap". I understand this piece of art never fully artistically worked the way it was meant to. However, I always thought it was beautiful and one of the few things from the original DCA that should have stayed in some form, somewhere in the park.

Two other things I will miss from DCA are, as our Soarin' Over California instructor says, "these little beauties":

Re: DCA: What Will You Miss The Most? What Have You Been Missing The Most?

The train.
    Choo choo.
    Iron Horse.
    Woo woo.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I'll miss the Maliboomer JUST KIDDING I THINK I'LL DANCE ON IT'S GRAVE WHEN THE AREA OPENS

I'll really miss the letters spelling CALIFORNIA at the entrance.

Comment

I WILL miss the Maliboomer! Short lines, fun, fast ride.. It's not the best thing ever, but I loved it.

Comment

I am also one of the few who will miss the Maliboomer. It isn't like my life is over or anything, but I did enjoy the short lines and fun, quick ride.

Comment

Thankyou for bringing this thread up
            I will miss the Orange Stinger the most
            even though people think of it as a piece of junk
            I find it a rather cool idea for a ride setting

Comment

Definitely the whole "Postcard" entrance. Never really understood, but was in theory a genius design.
              MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
              (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Pizza Oom Mow Mow....

Not for the normal Disney reasons. The food was Ok, Service OK. I would eat there often to think of some old Hollywood friends and others I had met.

The Posters of the Beach Movies with Frankie and Annette would come to mean a lot to me. I was not a great fan of the "musical" surfing movies that were not close to reality. I realize that not may Disney fans remember these very corny movies.

It was never busy. I would often eat there just to look at the posters that brought back so many memories of growing up in S. California in the 60's. I had a good friend (Debra Walley) that had minor rolls in several of the movies on the wall. But, she was able to star in several others at the time. The last day it was open I spent some time there thinking about her, her parents, and neighbor (Gale Storm).

I already miss this not so great Disney eatery.

Jack

Comment

i have not missed it
                  I am traveling now.

Comment

I miss dragging my friends into Golden Dreams, and at the end hearing them say, "That was the stupidest thing I have EVER seen!"

Comment

As some others have mentioned, various aspects of the entrance are what I'll miss most - especially the "CALIFORNIA" letters. When I was younger and visited the resort for the first time after its expansion, seeing the letters across the Esplanade was a pretty strong force to resist (which I had to as we only had single park tickets). I know the postcard entrance never really took hold with Disney fans, but I always thought it was a solid design idea (as somebody mentioned up above me).

So I'd say the letters at the entrance are what I'll miss the most... when they start getting torn out, it'll signify for me the "real" start of DCA 2.0.

I hope they can find a home for them somewhere - maybe spread throughout Downtown Disney. In my opinion they've become too symbolic of the DLR over the last decade to just be thrown out.
                      *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                      *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                      *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

I'll miss the light crowds. ToT was usually a 13 minute wait before WoC, now it's 45+.

I already miss the waffle fries from Taste Pilot's Grill. The regular fries are disgusting IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by flyorpretend View Post
                          I WILL miss the Maliboomer! Short lines, fun, fast ride.. It's not the best thing ever, but I loved it.
                          I miss the it, mainly for the Two Towers joke
                          Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
                          Pizza Oom Mow Mow....

Not for the normal Disney reasons. The food was Ok, Service OK. I would eat there often to think of some old Hollywood friends and others I had met.

The Posters of the Beach Movies with Frankie and Annette would come to mean a lot to me. I was not a great fan of the "musical" surfing movies that were not close to reality. I realize that not may Disney fans remember these very corny movies.

It was never busy. I would often eat there just to look at the posters that brought back so many memories of growing up in S. California in the 60's. I had a good friend (Debra Walley) that had minor rolls in several of the movies on the wall. But, she was able to star in several others at the time. The last day it was open I spent some time there thinking about her, her parents, and neighbor (Gale Storm).

I already miss this not so great Disney eatery.

Jack
                          I actually thought it was better than Pizza port over by at DL(mainly because of the more variety of Pizza's offered) I will miss it and hope that there is at least some piece of it left as a tribute to what theme it was before.

Some other pieces of DCA I already miss: the ugly ball show(featuring Filk and Anita) that used to be preformed in front of the Farmer's Expo; Golden Dreams; Seasons Of the Vine(which interestingly lives on in Epcot, but in the wrong pavilion); Orange Stinger, MM, Maliboomer, S.S. Rustworthy; The Art of Animation Show(featuring Mushu); Who Wants To Be A Millionaire-Play It!; The Neverland short(staring Robin Williams and the late great Walter Cronkite); One Man's Dream; Disney's Step In Time, Superstar Limo(which is a sequel of sorts to Superstar Television, Google search that one); Eureka!; Disney's Electrical Parade(pre 2009 and present); Pixar Block Party Bash!; Drawn To Magic; A star is called; the waterplay area in Bountiful Valley Farm(along with the Caterpillar Tractors); The Art of Mickey Statues(made for his 75th); Redwood creek challenge trail(pre 2003); all of Sunshine Plaza; Glowfest; ElecTRONica(even though I have not been to it yet) and Soaring Over Califorina(it's going away, I hear that rumor now and again) and anything else that I might have inadvertently forgotten(like the Halloween time overlay for TOT.)

Timekeeper
                          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I really miss Disney Electrical Parade or the way I still call it. Main Street Electrical Parade. I also will miss Ariel's Grotto when they change the restaunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                              I miss the it, mainly for the Two Towers joke
                              Timekeeper
                              I noticed that too. It's like they knew. :o
                              Yesterland: Sun Wheel: Gone, But Not Gone
                              (skip to picture 7)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X