Confirmed Christmas Parade Taping Dates?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • renthead09
    MiceChatter
    • May 2009

[Question] Confirmed Christmas Parade Taping Dates?

I should probably wait until In The Parks comes out in a couple of hours, but I will ask anyways.

There were previous threads on possible and probably and best guesses, but does anyone have confirmed info on taping for the holiday parade at disneyland.

Would love to go and check it out and just trying to plan what I am doing with my 3 day weekend.

Thanks for any help.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!
  • The Disney Ninja
    Quiet As A Mouse!
    • Mar 2010

Re: Confirmed Christmas Parade Taping Dates?

Yeah, taping is on Sunday, November 7.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

• SoCalbma
      Love HD videos!
      • Jun 2009

I'm pretty sure taping is this Sunday November 7. why because if you go onto Disneyland website entertainment schedule you will see that the Celebrate a Street Parade will start at 5:30 only. usually on weekend sat and sun there will be two parades one at 3:30 and 6:30.
      My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
      http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

• renthead09
        MiceChatter
        • May 2009

last year someone had a child dancing in the parade (i believe) and I thought they taped in the morning. Would that still be correct?

Thanks for the help. One of those...now that I live there I need to do things. Sorta like the Rose Parade on NYD.
        Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Comment

• Sparky
          • Aug 2005

In addition to only one Celebrate listed for that day, the Disneyland show schedule app that I have on my iPod has no listings for most of the Main Street entertainment for Sunday. It usually has times listed for all the Main Street entertainers. I think that's a further hint.

In past years, when I've gone, they would film a musical artist such as Josh Groban very early in the morning at the Castle. Then, start filming the parade around mid-morning. Then, maybe another artist at the Castle after that, or sometimes at night. One year they shot the parade scenes in the afternoon. That year, they had Ryan's host platform in front of Plaza Inn by the hub instead of at Christmas Tree Point.

If anyone goes on Saturday and hears what artists might be appearing on Sunday, please post the info! I would imagine they'll already have the filming sets, such as at the Castle, set up on Saturday.

Comment

• Raindown
            MiceChatter
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
            I would imagine they'll already have the filming sets, such as at the Castle, set up on Saturday.
            Light towers can already be seen in the hub area.

Comment

• neoroark
              New MiceChatter
              • Nov 2010

My intrepid wife discovered registration info for the youth dancers in the parade that clearly indicates the following:

Taping for ABC-TV's Disney Park's Christmas Day Parade at Disneyland: Saturday, November 6, 2010. Backup tape day: Sunday, November 7, 2010. Times TBA

Why does Disney have to be so secretive about the dates? I'm deciding between going Sun or Mon and want to make sure I'm NOT there for any of the taping!

Comment

• Sparky
                • Aug 2005

They usually do filming over two, sometimes three, days. But, unless they are unable to complete filming of the parade in one day for unexpected reasons, it usually is done all on the same day. In spite of what the dancer registration indicates, my hunch is they will be shooting the parade on Sunday. It seems logical that this is why most of the usual Main Street entertainment is not showing on the scheduled. That being said, it's not unusual for the filming schedule of what is filmed on what day to change up to the last minute. Last year it changed so Ryan could be at some football game, as I recall. And, last year I missed out on seeing the stuff I really wanted to see because the schedule ended up changing and I went on the wrong day.

Comment

• PoisonAppleDear
                  Banned User
                  • Aug 2010

I work as a cm and we are doing the taping tomorrow I can tell you one confirmed guest is Tony from Dancing with the Stars. It will begin tomorrow November 7th, the stage and lighting is all set and roped off. If you are going to be in the park say hi. I will be there with a DL55 hat brown a cast exclusive WOC t shirt and Jeans on. Feel free to come say hello.

Comment

• StrikeYerColors
                    A Weather Eye Open
                    • Mar 2007

saw the dancers rehearsing on MS with music when i was in the park tonight; i asked one the CMs with them who was wearing an earpiece if it was a rehearsal and if they were taping tomorrow and he said yes.

last time i went, musical guests were in the morning starting as early as 8, and the parade was midday thru early afternoon. that was in 07. last year things were alllllll spread out on different days, weird times and i only got to see the princess and the frog song taping. no entertainment is listed for main street at all on sunday; i got a cast member in the emporium to check in their pocket guide for me! they always have all the band times.
                    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

• PurpleDove
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2005

Yesterday, I saw everything set up and they were pretty closed mouthed who all was going to be there. But I did talk to one of the guys who was guarding some of the tv exqueptment and said that Nick Cannon was going to be hosting. And also yesterday while I was sitting eating my picnic meal for WOC I did see Tony in DCA. So I figured he was going to do something today. But other than that I guess I will see when I get there. Will be leaving the house in a few.

Comment

• toystory
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Oct 2010

About what time will taping end today?

Comment

• BasilofBakerStreet
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jul 2009

Anyone know if they are taping the parade today? or just the musical performances?

I noticed Disney did change their entertainment schedule for C! Mon-Wed @ 7pm now.

Comment

• The Disney Ninja
                            Quiet As A Mouse!
                            • Mar 2010

It's always been at 7PM on Monday through Thursday.
                            I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                            - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

• CMHusband
                              Nerd
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by neoroark View Post
                              My intrepid wife discovered registration info for the youth dancers in the parade that clearly indicates the following:

Taping for ABC-TV's Disney Park's Christmas Day Parade at Disneyland: Saturday, November 6, 2010. Backup tape day: Sunday, November 7, 2010. Times TBA

Why does Disney have to be so secretive about the dates? I'm deciding between going Sun or Mon and want to make sure I'm NOT there for any of the taping!
                              I think they are secretive because people would flock to the park to watch it and the crowd control can get kind of crazy.
                              Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                              Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X