Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Anniversary Steamboat Willie (11-18)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Anniversary Steamboat Willie (11-18)

Hey all, this Friday, November 18th, will be the 77th anniversary of the premiere of Steamboat Willie. Will be in the park that day, so how about a meet/micechat rush in the cinema house in the evening for a "Premiere Party" or something along that nature. Any takers?
    Last edited by CaptPhoebus; 11-17-2005, 04:14 PM.

Re: Happy Anniversary Steamboat Willie (11-18)

Nope, I'll be celebrating Mickey's 77th at Howie's Game Shack with a Halo 2 fragfest.

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY MICKEY!!!

Comment

I remember the premiere like it was yesterday...

Seriously, I think if I've seen this cartoon 30 times. It's the one I watch the most in the Main Street Cinema, probably because it's the only one with sound sync. Anyone else do the same?

Comment

I've never seen it, but I do have a DVD of Mickey Mouse cartoons from 1929-34. No Steam Boat Willie sadly. Is it on the internet somewhere?

Comment

Steamboat Willie was actually shown for the first time on September 19, 1928 - missed it by *that* much.

Comment

What time do you want to do the "theater rush"? I'll be at DtD for the Harry Potter meet that night, and might be able to pop in the park beforehand.
            disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by TSI-Anaheim
              Steamboat Willie was actually shown for the first time on September 19, 1928 - missed it by *that* much.
              I have an official disney button from DL celebrating 75 years of mickey mouse, dated November 18, 2003. Which i thought was the day that Steamboat Willie premiered. If i'm wrong, then i'm wrong. It does happen.

Originally posted by Disneyphile
              What time do you want to do the "theater rush"? I'll be at DtD for the Harry Potter meet that night, and might be able to pop in the park beforehand. [IMG]images/smilies/smile2.gif[/IMG]
              I was thinking 7 PM, as parade is at 5:15 and 7:45 PM. Should be enough time for people to get into the park, and not have the hassle of the parade starting right then.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptPhoebus
                I have an official disney button from DL celebrating 75 years of mickey mouse, dated November 18, 2003.
                Seems to be a 'matter of fact' - anyone remember going to the premiere?
                http://www.bookrags.com/history/popc...illie-bbbb-02/
                http://tesla.liketelevision.com/like...&theme=history
                http://www.tnl.net/when/9/19

I wonder where these different dates came from - perhaps a 'first showing' versus a formal premiere?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X