This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ole Jiminy Cricket

When I was a kid in school, we used to have assemblies where they would show us a film and JC was in it. He was like a real life character that taught us right from wrong and other neat things. He has far more influence on our lives than any other character, including the great Mickey Mouse.

My question is, why no love for the Cricket? You can hardly find any trace of him inside DL. Surely there's room for a little Cricket inside of all those toy stores. At the very least he should have a corner or a spot where he could be appreciated by all. I'm willing to bet that the younger kids don't even know who he is.

Just thought I'd bring the little fella to our attention. He's done so much for all of us.

Last edited by Druggas; 11-20-2010, 02:42 PM.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Re: Ole Jiminy Cricket

"I'm no fool, nosiree,
    I'm gonna live to be a hundred and three,
    'Coz I play it safe for you and me,
    yes, I', no fool!"
    Imagine a time when the Disney company was also in the education biz.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

I love Jiminy Cricket. He is my all time favorite character. Yes, my love for him goes back to the time when I was a kid, and I watched him doing the "I'm No Fool" spots on the Mickey Mouse Club. The first time that I went to Disneyland, I went looking for Jiminy. My very first hours in the park, I saw him in the parade. He is featured on the small statues in the hub along with Pinocchio. Also Jiminy appears a few times in the Pinocchio ride in Fantasyland. Here are some of the photos, of Jiminy, that I have taken on my not frequent enough trips to Disneyland. Oh yes, one exception the closeup of Jiminy was taken by our very dear MiceChatter penguinsoda since she knows how much I love the cricket. It has become a tradition of mine to pose behind the hub statue for a photo with Pinocchio, and Jiminy. I also do the same at Disney World, since they have identical hub statues.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 11-20-2010, 05:52 PM.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

It is also sad that we don't get to have him for a meet and greet. We only get him for Parades. I have hear that WDW gets to have Jiminy for meet and greets but we don't. I would love to meet him. Speaking of Jiminy has anyone hear who the new voice for Jiminy is now that the other one (sorry forgot his name.) has died?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
          It is also sad that we don't get to have him for a meet and greet. We only get him for Parades. I have hear that WDW gets to have Jiminy for meet and greets but we don't. I would love to meet him. Speaking of Jiminy has anyone hear who the new voice for Jiminy is now that the other one (sorry forgot his name.) has died?
          Eddie Carroll was the voice for so many years. At the NFFC Disneyana Convention this past July, his wife was there - just months after Eddie had passed away - to accept an award for him. She showed some wonderful footage. It was quite an emotional evening.
          sigpic
          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

So have you found out who is taking Eddie's place of doing Jiminy now or is Jiminy still not talking?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X