This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sail away ~ on ROA

What other style boat/ship/water vehicle would you like to see on the Rivers of America?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Water trike
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Mike Fink Keel Boats

Or, a recreation of the USS Monitor, the Union's ironclad warship from the Civil War (War of Northern Aggression to you Rebel-types). It rode low in the water, almost like a submarine ... not sure if we need a second underwater ride, though. The Dark Water might not be much to look at, either .... unless they can somehow simulate attacks by 'gators, giant catfish and such ....
      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

hmmmmm, Mike Fink had these cool Keel Boats a while back. Wonder if he is still using them ;-)

Maybe he could send some keel boats out to WDW too!
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

The Keel boats. Possibly one of the coolest things in Disneyland and they aren't being used at all! Get them back in the game or make a new track for the motor boat cruise out there!
          Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Yep, the Keel boats!!!

Comment

Keel Boats?
              Originally posted by drunkmom
              this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Originally posted by MiceMan
                Keel Boats?
                Here's more info about the Keel boats at Yesterland.com

Comment

AAAAHHHHH I get it
                  Originally posted by drunkmom
                  this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Keel Boats. 100%

How about a high dive act?

Comment

Well, even though I'd rather see it end up in DCA, I've enjoyed the Discovery Bay concept, and would love to see a tall ship out there, and see how long it takes before that beloved "sea monster" gets up to ramming speed and "sinks" her.

Come to think of it... the view would be awful, but it might be fun to have the north end of TSI become Mysterious Island, with the Nautilus to shuttle guests back and forth. And whichever ship was sailing around the RoA that day could incorporate the Nautilus sighting into the ride spiel.
                      See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                      78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I agree with bringin back the Keel boats, I've always wanted to ride one.
                        Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
                        I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
                        ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

I would get boats similar to the Mike Fink Keel Boats. Except I'd make them slightly bigger (to fit around 15-20 people) and I'd make 4 of them. :bow:

Comment

I think they should open up ROA for skinny dipping. :devil:

Brrr...that water's cold! :o
                            "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by E-ticket
                              I think they should open up ROA for skinny dipping. :devil:

Brrr...that water's cold! :o
                              ewww...you really want to jump into that murky water??? :confused:
                              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                              Marge: Pink.
                              Homer: D'oh!
                              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

If they could somehow manage to make a boat that steered itself (kind of like Aquatopia in Japan but themed appropriately) and sat 2-4 people I wouldn't complain. It would be like the peoplemover only on the water and it would be absolutely amazing at night.

Other than that, though, nothing.

Comment

I'll agree with pretty much everyone else. The Keel Boats. I looooved going on them when I was a kid.
                                  Remain Seated Please..... :o

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X