This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] More Hope for "Mickey's Soundsational" Parade

interview, artist Kevin Kidney stated that he and fellow artist Jody Daily are the art directors for this new creation. Before they started their own successful artistic endevors, they were part of previous Disneyland entertainment including Fantasmic! and The Lion King Parade, both of which have been recognized as huge accomplishments for the resort. Here's to hoping the new parade can live up to its predecessors in entertainment.

Re: More Hope for "Mickey's Soundsational" Parade

Here's hoping!

Comment

Steven Davison helming it was the best news of all, but this is also a very good sign. I have been looking forward to this parade since i first heard mention of it. The story boards look fantastic as well.

Comment

This IS a good sign. I was disappointing with the concepts because it looked like a rehashed Parade of Dreams. Just a bunch of random characters thrown together for no reason. It looked themeless. This news though makes me feel a bit better. Time will tell.

Comment

This parade will be fantastic. Seems to be based heavily off of Tokyo Disneyland's Jubilation parade.
          Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
            This parade will be fantastic. Seems to be based heavily off of Tokyo Disneyland's Jubilation parade.
            I agree that the parade does look like it could be from TDL, the past two major parades were heavily based on movies, it's nice they are going in a new direction.

Comment

Will this be a parade or a stop and dance craptastic?

Comment

Originally posted by xxmat2 View Post
                Will this be a parade or a stop and dance craptastic?
                We don't know, but it looks as though it wont be like CASP.

Comment

The use of the word parade is about a walk or march through a place. There's only the Disneyland Christmas Parade which does so. A parade does not stop. Ask the Rose Parade folks how bad show it is for the Rose Parade to stop or stall at any point along the route. If Soundsensational is going to stop along the way, please don't call it a parade. It's an insult to those who treasure the art form of a good parade.
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Have to completely disagree with you bayouguy. A great parade can be made even better with sho stops. Just look at what they did with Parade of Dreams, and how at least three of the floats increased in height! And the way they did that transition, using a soundbite from Walt, was truly inspired.

I have pretty high hopes for Soundsational. Let's hope the floats are much more like what we had with Parade of Dreams, and a LOT LESS like that crap they used with that Street Party fiasco.

The delay in when this parade premieres will only delay when I return back to Disneyland.

And does eveyone remember how closely the construction of DLR's most recent parade was followed? Remember how we received continual updates of the most recent floats that were being pieced together for the PIXAR Play Parade for DCA?!?!?!? I wonder if there is any chance of some backstage "previews" of Soundsational?!??!??! ~ especially since we really haven't had those kind of opportunities with DL parades.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I may be biased because, as a fellow musician, I love a parade show themed to MUSIC (loosely)! I would love show stops because the music should actually be good, not 80s pop songs. And the parade floats are big and beautiful according to the concept art. That already makes Soundsational 10X better than C!ASP.

Comment

From a reliable source. The "Little Mermaid" looks amazing and huge!

Comment

Many surprises that are starting to take shape with this parade. You guys are in for one massive show...

Comment

Originally posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
                            Many surprises that are starting to take shape with this parade. You guys are in for one massive show...
                            I have no doubt that they're pulling out all the stops for this parade. Should be a worthy successor to POD.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                            Indy Ride Count: 2211
                            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Lets hope so...Disneyland feels a whole lot Cheaper with the parade we have now.......I mean like DCA in 2001 cheap.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X