This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

You'll find that most topics carry some level of disagreement. Usually me vs. the world, but sometimes I trick another poster into agreeing with me.

Comment

I like the idea of the park for now. Maybe it will be a well themed area for a meet and greet, a showcase for a musical group or maybe even some off beat act like those found in World Showcase at Epcot. DCA needs more charm- and this could be the space for those kind of human elements.
      Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
      www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

You know that space won't be a park forever. Like someone on here just said, they need to leave some room for expansion and not just pour billions into filling every possible space with D and E tickets. It would make a nice space to have a queue for a ride and then have the show building backstage.

I also think it's funny that we're griping about nothing replacing a crappily-themed ride while there's still four added new one along the way haha. I wonder why nobody's complaining about that big waste-of-space that is the Millionaire building? Seriously, that has been wasted space for what? Six years now? They could easily tear down or add-on to the building and build a Crush's coaster-ish ride in there.

If they were to put a ride where Maliboomer formerly was, what would they put in there anyway?

Comment

^ktc

Comment

I just wish somewhere somehow there is room for a train ride. A conspicuous absence of one. Heimlick's Chew Chew does not count.
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

so glad there will finally be a place to sit and relax in DCA.... O wait didn't we just get paradise park??....
              --------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by DLLEGEND View Post
                so glad there will finally be a place to sit and relax in DCA.... O wait didn't we just get paradise park??....
                only for the brief few summer months, and then it was only during the day. (WoC owns it after dark) And now paradise park is contaminated during the day with the Disney TV Rocks.

And even DL has a few park areas, including the Mickey Floral entry area, Town Square, the entire main hub area which has a ton of space right in the very center of DL, Magnolia Park in New Orleans Square. . . but with DCA, I can't think of a single place. And as discussed in several other topics, DCA is void of and lacks the waterways and vegetation that makes DL so charming.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                  I just wish somewhere somehow there is room for a train ride. A conspicuous absence of one. Heimlick's Chew Chew does not count.
                  Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is a pinnacle of modern Imagineering greatness. Every Disney park in the world is clamoring for their own.
                  *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                  *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                  *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                    only for the brief few summer months, and then it was only during the day. (WoC owns it after dark) And now paradise park is contaminated during the day with the Disney TV Rocks.
                    Yeah... the park was always COMPLETELY abandoned during the day... Less people there than watching Mr. Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by DLLEGEND View Post
                      I never get this reasoning to be honest. There is more than a few restaurants, stores, play fountain zones, character photo ops and kid areas in a theme park, so whats wrong with having more than one sitting area in a park? Its a tiny parcel of land, as long as they can theme it nicely its fine.

And like its been said, it may not be permanent. I mean, people hated the Maliboomer and now its gone. Either they can throw in another cheap carnival ride in its place again, which kills the point, or wait until they get the funding and time to do it right and create a nice green space in the meantime instead of more cement. Whats wrong with that?
                      Last edited by WorldDisney; 12-12-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

^Not only that, but even though the whole park is getting redone, people for some reason are mad that this one little spot is not getting an attraction now. There are spots much more suitable than this area for the next attraction at DCA, not to mention the numerous ones being built now. Its like people are convinced this park is instead of an attraction (like the Imagineers considered both and this won for some sort of unknown merit) instead of just filler for now.

Comment

This is like Holiday hill except prettier.
                          DisneyTwins
                          Since May 2003

Comment

I like the idea of the park then after a couple years they could turn the park into a queue area that leads into a creapy fun house. Add some props, special effects and some interesting lighting and it could be the garden that DCA's TOT never got

Comment

Damn those penny pinchers! Always going for the cheap way out. I mean, why not build an attraction instead of a boring old park, it's not like they have anything better to be doing. What's that? Carsland? Little Mermaid? Buena Vista Street? Red Car? Goofy's Sky School? New Paradise Pier food court? Well.....yeah, but...they didn't give us a wrap-around boardwalk and now they are falling back on a park! Those lazy so-and-so's.
                              Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

^Yes, but, there taking out an attraction and not replacing it so obviously it becomes top priority to drop everything else and fill this spot first....

At least, I think thats the point people are trying to argue?

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                                  Damn those penny pinchers! Always going for the cheap way out. I mean, why not build an attraction instead of a boring old park, it's not like they have anything better to be doing. What's that? Carsland? Little Mermaid? Buena Vista Street? Red Car? Goofy's Sky School? New Paradise Pier food court? Well.....yeah, but...they didn't give us a wrap-around boardwalk and now they are falling back on a park! Those lazy so-and-so's.
                                  And thats the thing! I would understand if there was NOTHING else going on, but thats really not the case lol. They have ALOT on their plate right now. Ok, yeah I would like them to retheme the stores at PP as well or just make the Scremin queue fit with the theme. It doesnt seem like a big deal and will make the park more cohesive. Of course they KNOW that, but they are making strategic/priority choses for the long term...let them! We dont know the end game. I mean, yes, we know what will happen for 2012, but we dont know beyound that. Its not like DCA will be 'complete' and its obvious there will be other things happening, even if its not set in stone yet, but lets wait until the 2012 stuff is finished first and THEN we can see what will happen with the rest.

They have a lot to do. Does this tiny section of land really matter at the end of the day?

Comment

After a little more comparison between TSMM's loading/queue area and the space in the Helix, there is no way that that is the most effective space for a ride entrance. You'd barely get any of the actual ride in there because its so small and oddly shaped. The ride itself wouldn't be able to make it into the helix area because of the odd angle (unless the vehicles are capable of 90 degree turns) and if that were the case, there would be no room for a queue at all. The queue itself for TSMM takes up well over half the space that is in the Helix, and that leaves just enough space for the pathway to pass through as well.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                                      I dunno if a dark ride can even fit into the space.

Maybe it would be a nice place for like a small fancy restraunt or something...considering the area is practically hidden behind Screamin's tracks...it could be like a secret restaraunt or something.
                                      The Goofey madmouse is only a temporary place holder for a mega raide that will incorporate that and the Maliboomer, and everything in between.

By the way, did I remember to say "death tto the Boomer?!
                                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Just remember alot of the time what happens to temporary placeholders and temporary closures like the peoplemover they sit empty for ten years. I just done want this happening hear.
                                        WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                          This is like Holiday hill except prettier.
                                          Excellent idea. Let's build a Matterhorn over it! Or a Mt Whitney over it, which a quick Google search tells me is the tallest mountain in CA.
                                          The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
                                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

Comment

Working...
                                          X