Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedcot
    started a topic [Chat] The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

I think the park they are building where the Maliboomer is is just a waste of space. You could put a new darkride or atleast something besides a park. Ill admit it is nice but I thibk they could have done better. What do you think they should have done.

• seafaring_ghost
    replied
    Re: The Maliboomer Park...... a waste of space

Perhaps one day that location will be the location of the R. Crump Museum of the Weird but for now a park works.

Leave a comment:

• Timekeeper
    replied

Hmmm, I would rather have a good, small Ice Cream Parlor that was reminiscent of the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor.

Timekeeper

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

I'm actually very happy that DCA still has many good pads for expansion well after this project is complete. I think PP has a ton of potential that's still untapped and I'm glad there's still enough space for a couple more good attractions. I'd rather they save some space and open something spectacular in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• filmfreak11
    replied

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
    This is like Holiday hill except prettier.
    FINALLY. Someone remembers their history.

Leave a comment:

• Wedcot
    replied

Holiday Hill sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

• Spirit King
    replied

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Excellent idea. Let's build a Matterhorn over it! Or a Mt Whitney over it, which a quick Google search tells me is the tallest mountain in CA.

Leave a comment:

• Wedcot
    replied

Just remember alot of the time what happens to temporary placeholders and temporary closures like the peoplemover they sit empty for ten years. I just done want this happening hear.

Leave a comment:

• Ride Warrior
    replied

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
    I dunno if a dark ride can even fit into the space.

Maybe it would be a nice place for like a small fancy restraunt or something...considering the area is practically hidden behind Screamin's tracks...it could be like a secret restaraunt or something.
    The Goofey madmouse is only a temporary place holder for a mega raide that will incorporate that and the Maliboomer, and everything in between.

By the way, did I remember to say "death tto the Boomer?!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied

After a little more comparison between TSMM's loading/queue area and the space in the Helix, there is no way that that is the most effective space for a ride entrance. You'd barely get any of the actual ride in there because its so small and oddly shaped. The ride itself wouldn't be able to make it into the helix area because of the odd angle (unless the vehicles are capable of 90 degree turns) and if that were the case, there would be no room for a queue at all. The queue itself for TSMM takes up well over half the space that is in the Helix, and that leaves just enough space for the pathway to pass through as well.

Leave a comment:

• WorldDisney
    replied

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
    Damn those penny pinchers! Always going for the cheap way out. I mean, why not build an attraction instead of a boring old park, it's not like they have anything better to be doing. What's that? Carsland? Little Mermaid? Buena Vista Street? Red Car? Goofy's Sky School? New Paradise Pier food court? Well.....yeah, but...they didn't give us a wrap-around boardwalk and now they are falling back on a park! Those lazy so-and-so's.
    And thats the thing! I would understand if there was NOTHING else going on, but thats really not the case lol. They have ALOT on their plate right now. Ok, yeah I would like them to retheme the stores at PP as well or just make the Scremin queue fit with the theme. It doesnt seem like a big deal and will make the park more cohesive. Of course they KNOW that, but they are making strategic/priority choses for the long term...let them! We dont know the end game. I mean, yes, we know what will happen for 2012, but we dont know beyound that. Its not like DCA will be 'complete' and its obvious there will be other things happening, even if its not set in stone yet, but lets wait until the 2012 stuff is finished first and THEN we can see what will happen with the rest.

They have a lot to do. Does this tiny section of land really matter at the end of the day?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied

^Yes, but, there taking out an attraction and not replacing it so obviously it becomes top priority to drop everything else and fill this spot first....

At least, I think thats the point people are trying to argue?

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

Damn those penny pinchers! Always going for the cheap way out. I mean, why not build an attraction instead of a boring old park, it's not like they have anything better to be doing. What's that? Carsland? Little Mermaid? Buena Vista Street? Red Car? Goofy's Sky School? New Paradise Pier food court? Well.....yeah, but...they didn't give us a wrap-around boardwalk and now they are falling back on a park! Those lazy so-and-so's.

Leave a comment:

• Baloo
    replied

I like the idea of the park then after a couple years they could turn the park into a queue area that leads into a creapy fun house. Add some props, special effects and some interesting lighting and it could be the garden that DCA's TOT never got

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X