This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] If Disney has deals---

...AFTER you've started paying on a trip...can you get the deal?

For example, they had the 35% off at the Disneyland hotel around September. If I had reserved a room in April for September, would they honor their 35% deal?

Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Re: If Disney has deals---

Originally posted by OnceUponADream View Post
    ...AFTER you've started paying on a trip...can you get the deal?

For example, they had the 35% off at the Disneyland hotel around September. If I had reserved a room in April for September, would they honor their 35% deal?

Sorry if that didn't make sense.
    Do you mean if they announce a cheaper deal after you've made a reservation? I know with other Disney destinations, the answer is yes - so I would assume the same for the DL Hotel. Your Disney agent or travel agent can rebook you on the new promo.

Comment

But what if I didn't have a travel agent? Just myself? Could I call them and have them update my reservation with the deal?

Comment

I see no reason why they wouldn't rebook you at the lower rate - if you have the promo code or other "proof" that the deal exists, they should rebook you.

They know all too well that it's always better to get $25 less and sell the room-night to a happy Guest rather than get nothing when you cancel and go somewhere else.

Hotel rooms are a very perishable commodity, they lose their value at Midnight every day. Even if they sell the room to you at a deep discount, they are still coming out way ahead of having it sit empty and cost them money.

--<< Bruce >>--
        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Hotels.com is great for this, so I would hope that individual hotels allow the same type of thing. Please do report back if you find out any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
            I see no reason why they wouldn't rebook you at the lower rate - if you have the promo code or other "proof" that the deal exists, they should rebook you.

They know all too well that it's always better to get $25 less and sell the room-night to a happy Guest rather than get nothing when you cancel and go somewhere else.

Hotel rooms are a very perishable commodity, they lose their value at Midnight every day. Even if they sell the room to you at a deep discount, they are still coming out way ahead of having it sit empty and cost them money.

--<< Bruce >>--
            Exactly Bruce. Anyway, most hotels have a cancellation policy that you can get a full refund if you cancel within a certain amount of time. So why wouldn't they just adjust the reservation than go the process of you cancelling one reservation and then rebooking again at the lower rate. They don't want to take the chance that after you cancel you have second thoughts or find a cheaper rate elsewhere.
            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Thank you! I guess my final question is, if I've booked at the Howard Johnson through the Disney website, and then the Disneyland hotel has a 35% off deal like the did this year...would it be a huge hassle to change my hotel reservation ?

Comment

But what if I didn't have a travel agent? Just myself? Could I call them and have them update my reservation with the deal?
                No. You are not allowed to call them direct and ask. Of COURSE you can call. Is this one of those "non-questions"?

Comment

I booked a trip in Jan 09 for Dec 09, in Oct 09 the rates went down a lot, I paid $25 to change the original plan, but ended up getting $468 back! If you book through AAA or a travel agent, the agent or someone from the agency has to call for you. If you booked it yourself, you can call yourself.
                  Yaye!

Comment

Thank you! I guess my final question is, if I've booked at the Howard Johnson through the Disney website, and then the Disneyland hotel has a 35% off deal like the did this year...would it be a huge hassle to change my hotel reservation ?
                    Always call and ask, at worst you spend some of your time and did not get the results you want, at best, you save some $$$
                    Yaye!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X