Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Outage

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Power Outage

    Not sure if this has been posted, but power's been out in NOS since 8pm last night. This includes Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

  • #2
    Re: Power Outage

    Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but power's been out in NOS since 8pm last night. This includes Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
    Power was actually back on this morning, but went down again at approximately 12:20 requiring another evacuation of Pirates and Mansion.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Power Outage

      The sewage throughout NOS is backed-up and clogged as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Power Outage

        Wow that's a lot of S*** to clean up hopefully they get everything in order soon.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

        DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Power Outage

          DaAlCh - are you talking sanitary sewer sewage, or just the storm drains and rain runoff? There's a huge difference...

          This would be more of a problem Backstage in the NOS basements with the kitchens and Cast areas. They probably have to pump it all upstairs (sink grey water and sewage and floor-drain mop water) to get into the sewers, and a power failure is an instant problem for that.

          The stuff At Grade including the Guest bathrooms, and the Second Floor stuff like Club 33 should all be gravity feed into the sanitary sewers and the storm drains...

          --<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Power Outage

            Originally posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
            Power was actually back on this morning, but went down again at approximately 12:20 requiring another evacuation of Pirates and Mansion.
            Dumb question, and maybe in the wrong place... but when the power goes out at mansion, what happens if the stretching room is half way between floors? Is there backup power for it to complete its transition?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Power Outage

              Originally posted by briansp View Post
              Dumb question, and maybe in the wrong place... but when the power goes out at mansion, what happens if the stretching room is half way between floors? Is there backup power for it to complete its transition?
              Yes - the backup completes the transition (or should).

              But the attraction is immediately evacuated (obviously).

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Power Outage

                Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                DaAlCh - are you talking sanitary sewer sewage, or just the storm drains and rain runoff? There's a huge difference...

                This would be more of a problem Backstage in the NOS basements with the kitchens and Cast areas. They probably have to pump it all upstairs (sink grey water and sewage and floor-drain mop water) to get into the sewers, and a power failure is an instant problem for that.

                The stuff At Grade including the Guest bathrooms, and the Second Floor stuff like Club 33 should all be gravity feed into the sanitary sewers and the storm drains...

                --<< Bruce >>--
                Sorry, sanitary sewage. I believe it was more of a problem backstage than onstage, although the NOS bathrooms were closed throughout the day I believe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Power Outage

                  Originally posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
                  Yes - the backup completes the transition (or should).

                  But the attraction is immediately evacuated (obviously).
                  If they have the Stretching Rooms upgraded to the latest elevator safety rules (California Code of Regulations, Title 8) there's a battery backup UPS on each Stretching Room controller.

                  "Down" is gravity powered and only takes a few watts of power to run the controls and open the Down Slow valve, and a bit more to run the door operator motor.

                  ("Up" is where it takes a 10-HP to 25-HP electric motor to make it happen.)

                  There should be an emergency light that comes on, and the Stretching Room lowers to the ground floor and stops. The doors open to let everyone out into the Portrait Gallery, then the controls shut down until the power is restored. You'll have to take the stairs up and out.

                  I read through the code quickly a while back looking for something else. ( Yes, I have No Life, we've already established this...) And since my Day Job is an Electrician, I've seen the retrofit UPS kits installed in various machine rooms.

                  --<< Bruce >>--
                  There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Power Outage

                    This is just horrid! Electric motors; electric back up, this is the "haunted" mansion, correct? It is all a natural part of the haunting and has nothing to do with electricity or such. Why would you people be talking this way??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Power Outage

                      Originally posted by UFO View Post
                      This is just horrid! Electric motors; electric back up, this is the "haunted" mansion, correct? It is all a natural part of the haunting and has nothing to do with electricity or such. Why would you people be talking this way??
                      Here on MiceChat we will give away the secrets of the rides. Most of the ghosts are an effect called Pepper's Ghosts. The bride is a figure with a projected face. Leota is the same. Scrim is used at the top of the Stretching Room which is really just an elevator. When ever they shine light on the scrim you see the master who has hung himself. The hitch hiking ghosts are just in another room. The mirror is actually a 2 way mirror so when light is shined on it they appear to be in your DoomBuggie. The moving busts aren't bust at all. It's like they took a real bust, cut it in half, and flipped the inside part facing you. It plays a trick with your mind so it looks like a real bust and when you move it continues to mess with your brain making it look like it follows you.

                      Back on topic - Well that sucks. I bet NOS smells horrible now that sewage has filled it.
                      Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Power Outage

                        i would like to thank saturday night's power outage for the free meal at Blue Bayou. it was awesome.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Power Outage

                          AhhhhhhhhhhAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't HEAR you!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Power Outage

                            Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                            i would like to thank saturday night's power outage for the free meal at Blue Bayou. it was awesome.
                            LUCKY!!! Man talk about being at the right place at the right time. Congrats to you
                            Happy Halloween!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Power Outage

                              Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                              i would like to thank saturday night's power outage for the free meal at Blue Bayou. it was awesome.
                              That's one good thing that came from it.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X