Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure (Merged)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ummmmm, No
    Banned User
    • Oct 2010

Re: World of color on crack!!!

There are absolutely no plans for pyro to be added to any future versions of WOC.

Comment

• Flickering Bulb
      keh!
      • Jul 2005

thank you for clarifying that, TDA

Comment

• CaptainEO,ATIS
        • Jun 2010

THEY INTERUPTED MJ'S "JAM" FOR JUSTIN BIEBER'S HORRIBLE "BABY"! UGH!
        But the rest of the show is good.
        Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• disneyland55
          MiceChatter
          • Dec 2010

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure

Awesome! DCA's show was amazing, it takes my vote. Is this the first time DCA has had a New Years show? Seems like it must have spread the crowds out, is this true?

Comment

• nonob88
            Dream in wonderful color!
            • Jan 2005

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure

No it's not the first time, they've had several New Year's Eve shows out in the lagoon. Nothing on this scale though!
            - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

• canhasal
              No really, I need AAMS :)
              • Aug 2010

Wow... DCA kicked Disneylands but!!!! I really want to see what it looked like from elecTRONica. I'm impressed, good job DCA!!!:thumbup:

btw my cat was sitting on my lap as I was watching this and as soon as justin bieber came on he ran away... I think my cat dislikes justin bieber:lol:
              Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
              I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

:bow:Aladdin A Musical Spectacular:bow:
              show count: 133 times

Comment

• disneyland55
                MiceChatter
                • Dec 2010

So awesome. Just imagine riding Screamin' during this. Wouldn't it be cool if they lit up one of the trains with neon and just it go around the track as part of the show?

Comment

• Sir Didymus
                  Yeah.....
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by canhasal View Post
                  Wow... DCA kicked Disneylands but!!!! I really want to see what it looked like from elecTRONica. I'm impressed, good job DCA!!!:thumbup:

btw my cat was sitting on my lap as I was watching this and as soon as justin bieber came on he ran away... I think my cat dislikes justin bieber:lol:
                  As did half the crowd last night! That song came on and everyone started booing, lol.

Comment

• JMora
                    Banned User
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ryosh808 View Post
                    Disneyland FAIL! Disney California Adventure WIN!
                    One has to take into consideration that California Adeventure has more open space then congested Disneyland, I'm still surprised the fire department allows them to shoot fireworks off Fantastyland rooftops and the castle (during periods of any firework show).

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post
                      So awesome. Just imagine riding Screamin' during this. Wouldn't it be cool if they lit up one of the trains with neon and just it go around the track as part of the show?
                      Funny you mentioned that. Screamin broke down before the countdown. I saw one train stuck on the hill after the launch and another before the bunny hill.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                      Indy Ride Count: 2211
                      World of Color Count: 74

Comment

• disneyland55
                        MiceChatter
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                        Funny you mentioned that. Screamin broke down before the countdown. I saw one train stuck on the hill after the launch and another before the bunny hill.
                        Awesome, was the ride operating with guests before the show? I figured they would shut down all the Lagoon rides like they do for World of Color.

Comment

• CaptainEO,ATIS
                          • Jun 2010

I say California Adventure. Although I'm pretty mad they cut off Michael Jackson for Justin Bieber. Seriously? The singing in "Jam" didn't even start yet and you cut off the King of Pop for some boy who sounds like a girl who's 16 and sucks at dancing?
                          Disneyland would have won if they had more fireworks and more lights and stuff.
                          Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
                          As did half the crowd last night! That song came on and everyone started booing, lol.
                          The crowd is smart. They don't fall for lyrics like: "You know you love me, you know you care, you shout whenever, and I'll be there.
                          Did you notice how everyone was excited for MJ's song when it came on?
                          GO SCRATCH HIS EVIL FACE KITTY! RIP ALL THAT HAIR OUT!

Comment

• canhasal
                            No really, I need AAMS :)
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
                            I heard that in your video, i totally lol'd)
                            Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
                            I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

:bow:Aladdin A Musical Spectacular:bow:
                            show count: 133 times

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post
                              Awesome, was the ride operating with guests before the show? I figured they would shut down all the Lagoon rides like they do for World of Color.
                              Yeah. Since there was a large gap between the 2nd show and the countdown, they reopened both Screamin and MFW.

And the trains were left where they were since they didn't want to disrupt WoC trying to get the ride back online and the trains back to the station. The ride was already evaced (obviously) by the time the countdown began.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                                I say California Adventure. Although I'm pretty mad they cut off Michael Jackson for Justin Bieber. Seriously? The singing in "Jam" didn't even start yet and you cut off the King of Pop for some boy who sounds like a girl who's 16 and sucks at dancing?
                                Disneyland would have won if they had more fireworks and more lights and stuff.

The crowd is smart. They don't fall for lyrics like: "You know you love me, you know you care, you shout whenever, and I'll be there.
                                Did you notice how everyone was excited for MJ's song when it came on?

GO SCRATCH HIS EVIL FACE KITTY! RIP ALL THAT HAIR OUT!
                                When I get my video up, be sure to listen closley when the Bieber part comes on. You'll hear me say "shoot me now."

I guess TDA didn't get the message when Knotts hanged Beiber during Halloween Haunt.

Comment

• JMora
                                  Banned User
                                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                                  THEY INTERUPTED MJ'S "JAM" FOR JUSTIN BIEBER'S HORRIBLE "BABY"! UGH!
                                  That's what I was thinking too, lol too, it's didn't mesh well. Too bad they didn't mix it up with Janet's 'Make Me' but overall, it looked like a spectacular show.

Comment

• DisneyPro
                                    Addicted to MC since '08
                                    • Apr 2008

THanks!

Comment

• CaptainEO,ATIS
                                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                                      When I get my video up, be sure to listen closley when the Bieber part comes on. You'll hear me say "shoot me now."
                                      I guess TDA didn't get the message when Knotts hanged Beiber during Halloween Haunt.
                                      I will.
                                      Yeah listen TDA, the enemy can be smart sometimes.

Comment

• Kritter
                                        He Gets The Job Done
                                        • Oct 2006

I heard that in your video, i totally lol'd)
                                        The loudest boo was me :-) hahaha

DCA was completely superior to Disneyland in every way, shape and form.

Comment

• Flickering Bulb
                                          keh!
                                          • Jul 2005

i was one of many (i'm sure) who cringed when bieber came on, ughh... stupid kid.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X