This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Disneyland Guide Handout from 1969: Complete Scanned Booklet

Picked this up at a local postcard/paper show a few months back and decided would be fun to share the scanned booklet It looks like something that would have been handed out at the main gates, and is rather more substantial than the modern brochure guides given. Let's have a look, shall we?

Thanks for looking and hope this was enjoyed!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: Disneyland Guide Handout from 1969: Complete Scanned Booklet

Awesome RegionsBeyond! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The Columbia was an "E"? :blink: What was Walt smoking?

Thanks for posting this RB!
      Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-04-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

SOOOO glad the ticketed ride system is gone, but love seeing stuff like this. Thanks for posting. This is what micechat is about!

Comment

Thats really amazing! Looking at the line up of entertainment that was there after dark... wow. Thats a lot of music and a lot of different styles!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Love it! I have one around the same time that I found at my parents house.
            sigpic

Comment

I used to have this, as well as ticket books and brochures from every year since 1964. I wish I'd kept them.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Thanks for posting this RB!
                If you think about it the Columbia and Rivers of America were extremely expensive to build.

Comment

That is pretty cool! I really enjoyed looking at it. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Comment

Thanks for sharing RegionsBeyond, very interesting how things have changed. I thought it was interesting that it referred to CMs as "employees." It makes me wonder at what point did Cast Member become the standard identifier for Disney employees?

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                    I guess more than he was letting on.
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Dinner at the Blue Bayou, $1 to $3.50?!?!

Well apparently that's $21 in today's money, but still it sounds crazy.

Comment

This was my first ever guide. I remember vividly spending hours upon hours going through it after our first trip when I was 12 in an attempt to transport myself back to that magical place. Thanks Regions. Your continued generosity to this site is a marvel indeed.
                        First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                        First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                        BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

what a neat find... thanks for sharing!
                          :yea: Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comment

Great post ~ I really enjoy going over the old park guides!
                            I saw the "Oaks Tavern" mentioned, does anybody know anything about this place? I've never heard of it before.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                              Great post ~ I really enjoy going over the old park guides!
                              I saw the "Oaks Tavern" mentioned, does anybody know anything about this place? I've never heard of it before.
                              The Oaks Tavern was what is now called The Stagedoor Cafe.'
                              First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                              First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                              BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X