This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Reimagined Paradise Pier Entrance

Hey Guys! I have been thinking up ideas for what I think should happen with the paradise pier area. Everything is looking good so far there are just some things I would like to add. I will be uploading a series of posts overtime displaying my ideas for the land. My first rendering depicts a newly imagined gateway to paradise pier featuring the new archway,the Paradise Pavilion (rethemed ariels grotto), and the new Treasures in paradise building. . In addition in the rendering under the bridge and around the lagoon a more natural rocky shoreline would be created. Themeing along the shore could include small sailboats tired to moorings and more. In the background you can also see flags were added to the screamin' coaster (don't worry more is done to the coaster, I will post that idea eventurally). Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by hawk671; 01-27-2011, 08:58 PM.

Re: Reimagined Paradise Pier Entrance

I like it

Comment

Looks great.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
      -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

Comment

Looks like a rather large bridge. Would this replace the one there currently? I'm just having trouble placing this image in the park right now.

A great drawing and idea, none-the-less! Love the idea about having small boats or dinghy's tied off along a new rocky shore!

Comment

Originally posted by Kablary View Post
          Looks like a rather large bridge. Would this replace the one there currently? I'm just having trouble placing this image in the park right now.

A great drawing and idea, none-the-less! Love the idea about having small boats or dinghy's tied off along a new rocky shore!
          Dont worry the bridge would be the same size I just messed up lol.

Comment

That would be nice.

Comment

Really nice job. For Paradise Pier to work for me, every inch of it needs to drip with the old-fashioned Victorian, wooden details. I'm disappointed that the fun wheel queue, carousel and this area are going to be left as-is. Hopefully, before too long, the funds will become available to redress these areas in the same style as Midway Mania, as you have illustrated.

You clearly have some skills as an artist. My one constructive criticism is that you've combined an architectural elevation/color study drawing (straight vertical profile) with a perspective drawing (3-D). Delete the bridge and the boat, and you'd have a fine version of the former, but if you're going to depict the drawing in three dimensions (as you've done with the bridge and the boat), you have to do so for all the buildings/objects so it makes sense visually.

Here's a WDI piece that clearly shows both an elevation and a perspective:

Again, great work and thanks for sharing.
              Last edited by RandySavage; 01-07-2011, 07:45 PM.
              http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                Really nice job. For Paradise Pier to work for me, every inch of it needs to drip with the old-fashioned Victorian, wooden details. I'm disappointed that the fun wheel queue, carousel and this area are going to be left as-is. Hopefully, before too long, the funds will become available to redress these areas in the same style as Midway Mania, as you have illustrated.

You clearly have some skills as an artist. My one constructive criticism is that you've combined an architectural elevation/color study drawing (straight vertical profile) with a perspective drawing (3-D). Delete the bridge and the boat, and you'd have a fine version of the former, but if you're going to depict the drawing in three dimensions (as you've done with the bridge and the boat), you have to do so for all the buildings/objects so it makes sense visually.

Here's a WDI piece that clearly shows both an elevation and a perspective:

Again, great work and thanks for sharing.
                Thanks for the advice! Don't worry I'll post my sketches for the area and see what you guys think!

Comment

The one thing that confused me was it looks like the bridge goes up and that made me concerned about people with wheel chairs. Took me a while that the bridge would still be flat. ':-D

Comment

The boat looks like it's heading towards a cave opening, which would be a nice idea for a dark ride in DCA.
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

The boat looks like it's heading towards a cave opening, which would be a nice idea for a dark ride in DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                        So what your saying is, they could have utilized a lot more space by digging down deeper, build a show building and then install the shops and restaurants on top of that show bldg.
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                          So what your saying is, they could have utilized a lot more space by digging down deeper, build a show building and then install the shops and restaurants on top of that show bldg.
                          That be crazy talk! LOL

Comment

This is beautiful. All of Paradise Pier should look like this. I do agree that the East Paradise Pier Entrance is quite bland. I love the rock and plants under the bridge; Disney really needs that to add believability that this is a real lagoon.

Comment

Nice piece.

Timekeeper
                              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X