Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Cats Wandering Around Disneyland (NO JOKE)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Real Cats Wandering Around Disneyland (NO JOKE)

My Aunt and Cousin are in Disneyland for three days and when they werew in Critter Country (No Joke) they saw two live cats just wandering around having a good time. Does anyone know anything about these cats or if they were a publicity stunt?
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

Re: Real Cats Wandering Around Disneyland (NO JOKE)

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ght=feral+cats

They keep down on the mouse population at Mickey's kingdom.

Comment

They keep feral cats around to keep the mice and/or rat population in check. They're always by the Hungry Bear Restaurant. I remember the first time I saw some of them, they were along the Rivers of America and I thought to myself, "Wow! The Imagineers really out did themselves this time. Best. Animatronics. Ever!" Then they ran off and I was like "OMG, they're real!!!"

Comment

Darn, you beat me to it. Yeah, they had a rat problem, they replaced it with a cat problem.
        The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Wedcot View Post
          My Aunt and Cousin are in Disneyland for three days and when they werew in Critter Country (No Joke) they saw two live cats just wandering around having a good time. Does anyone know anything about these cats or if they were a publicity stunt?

Yup.

They usually hide
          but sometimes can be seen by guests.

There are several (hidden) feeding areas around the park for them.
          They are to help keep out the mouse that isn't the mascot.
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz

Comment

I'd rather see the cats, than Mickey's cousins. In fact once I was walking back by BTMRR, and someone mentioned to me about the mice running by. I saw them out of the corner of my eye, and well let's just say, it made we a wee bit uncomfortable.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

You know with these cats it just got to me wonder what is happing to the ones over at DCA wild Disney is tearing up the place?

Comment

You will see them all the time. One of the easiest spots to see the Disneyland cats is near the train in DCA. They even put out food and had a little house for them. The field between the raft ride and the Grand Californian is another good spot. Along the banks of the Rivers of America is one place that you will also see them. Plus the island cats on Tom Sawyer Island.

Sam
                SamLand's Disney Adventures

Comment

yeah its always fun to feed the cats over at the Hungry Bear and if you are lucky the cat might even let u pet it.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

There are lots of cats at both parks. There were two very handsome cats with wavy long hair playing on the side of Grizzly River Rapids on New Years Eve. My favorite cat hangs out near Whitewater Snacks, I nicknamed him "MiceCat" a couple years ago.

Two of my favorite things Disneyland and Cats.
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                    Save

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      yeah its always fun to feed the cats over at the Hungry Bear and if you are lucky the cat might even let u pet it.
                      I'm not sure if I'd be petting feral cats.

Comment

There are a couple of them that always come and visit when we're at the Hungry Bear. They 'talk' and purr and are very friendly.

Comment

my mom and i always go on a hunt of them

Comment

Originally posted by readandburn View Post
                            I'm not sure if I'd be petting feral cats.
                            The cat I was talking about seemed to be a domesticated Cat and did not seem like it disliked humans, since it let others pet it if they had food and seemed "nice"
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Although they are wild, I don't know how feral they are. They are always around people, so they're probably somewhat socialized. I have been told by cast members that they often feed them, so they are almost like pets, although probably very skittish.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X