Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
    45 ain't all that old
    I'll be grouchy old man of 65 by then. I won't even want to go.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
      They have no choice. The Resort is surrounded by city and this is the only spot they own a lot of land. Any other places they could expand are just as close to houses as this place is.
      The location of the property in relation to residential areas will be the biggest problem for a new park. That will require a significant buffer area on the sides adjacent to those properties which will reduce the area available for the park and attractions. There will also have to be additional parking constructed somewhere to accommodate the park guests along with the displaced current CM and additional resort parking currently there.

So, the overall size of the available property won't be able to be used to it's extent for a new park.

Comment

^Maybe.. but there are engineering solutions to all those issues. Parking structures can calm the parking issues while "buffers" can be replaced by well designed attractions and well placed rockwork, buildings etc..

Comment

If Disney was smart they'd use utilidoors underneath the park so theres more space for attractions and park where backstage facilities would go.

Comment

You can't even fathom how much that would cost to implement under an already built park. Clearly, tearing out everything, digging the tunnels and rebuilding everything is out of the question for hundreds of reasons, and due to building codes the boring of tunnels right under currently built structures is highly illegal.

To find a legal way to do this type of thing, your talking hundreds of millions or more just to dig the tunnels and in all likely hood anything over top of them would have to be closed until the tunnels were completed and reinforced.

Comment

You can't even fathom how much that would cost to implement under an already built park. Clearly, tearing out everything, digging the tunnels and rebuilding everything is out of the question for hundreds of reasons, and due to building codes the boring of tunnels right under currently built structures is highly illegal.

To find a legal way to do this type of thing, your talking hundreds of millions or more just to dig the tunnels and in all likely hood anything over top of them would have to be closed until the tunnels were completed and reinforced.
              I was talking about the third park O.o

Comment

I highly doubt there will ever be a 3rd park...

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                  I was talking about the third park O.o
                  Well, that makes a lot more sense. I think I was thinking we were in the DCA tracker thread which is why I didn't get that connection. My sincerest apology.

Your right as well. To avoid the problems they have at DCA the utilidoors are a good solution.

Originally posted by Mark544 View Post
                  I highly doubt there will ever be a 3rd park...
                  I think there will be. They already talked about one before DCA had its issues.

Comment

Well, that makes a lot more sense. I think I was thinking we were in the DCA tracker thread which is why I didn't get that connection. My sincerest apology.

Your right as well. To avoid the problems they have at DCA the utilidoors are a good solution.
                    No Problem!

Comment

The third park may fit at the Toy Story lot location however I think that is a foolish location. The 2 parks of DL and DCA face each other, then there's that "third park" unconnected down the street. The 3rd park should be connected. Either between DLH and Ball road (demolish DTD and Mickey and Friends parking) or demolish PPH and the parking behind it and build the 3rd park there. That way the gates are within walking distance and build some monster garage offsite at Toy Story lot, that way the parking eyesores aren't around the resort at all.
                      sigpic
                      And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

Comment

The expense does not justify the cost and the layout of the resort would be bad. You need parking garages near the freeway and on the edge of the resort. Also, those places are so small, a park wouldn't fit.

Comment

a 3rd park will happen in the Toy Story Lot...eventually.

DLR has shown that it has great growth potential and can justify the cost to build a 3rd park.

Comment

Disney should buy the old El Toro Marine base. The so called "Great Park" plan they have doesn't look so great.

Comment

^The proximity is the biggest issue. Thats a long long distance away from the rest of the resort. They can make the current layout work but it will take time, a few more lots and some creativity.

Comment

A monorail or some other elevated rail system could make the trip in a few minutes.

Maybe Disney could partner with Garden Grove and merge International West into the Disneyland Resort area? Garden Grove has space set aside for a theme park. Maybe this could eventually be the third of fourth gate.

The existing DLR + Garden Walk + International West would be enough to occupy Disney for decades to come.

Comment

Please build a level of cast parking, a level of utilities and a level with storage and offices, so that all backstage areas are below the park. Then you'll have all of the surface land open to park guests, not like the sprawling one level DCA buildout.

Comment

Originally posted by californiaadventurer View Post
                                    please build a level of cast parking, a level of utilities and a level with storage and offices, so that all backstage areas are below the park. Then you'll have all of the surface land open to park guests, not like the sprawling one level dca buildout.
                                    ^this^
                                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I think that something in between that and DCA is needed. Absolutely, that is the best solution for the lot, but there are other options such as moving unnecessary offices to nearby satellite lots that would reduce the costs of construction immensely. Also, Cast Parking could be made nearby easily as well to reduce costs.

It all comes down to what is done with the things that have to be on the same lot as the parks.

Comment

how big is the strawberry field?

Comment

While it would be really nice just to build everything underneath the park, it's not the cheapest route to go...

Does anybody know what the buildings are that surround the southern and eastern edges of the lot are? I wonder if they could buy up the whole block where the potential 3rd park would go and increase the area they have to work with? But then again, I don't know how financially feasible that would be either.

Comment

Working...
                                          X