Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

    I think its a bad place to make a theme park. it's too close to the houses.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

      know the space issue they will have.. they will use every inch of that new park and possibly build some stuff underground to take advantage of the space and if design correctly it will seem much larger than dca is now

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

        Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
        I get all excited about this kinda stuff, then when I hear how far off it could be, my first thought is like "Man, I'll be 45 by the time they even start considering it" lol
        Haha! I was just thinking the same thing! I'm 27 now though... so maybe I'll only be 42 when they start considering it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

          Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
          I think its a bad place to make a theme park. it's too close to the houses.
          They have no choice. The Resort is surrounded by city and this is the only spot they own a lot of land. Any other places they could expand are just as close to houses as this place is.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

            With the Hotel grounds effectively changed, I'm all for change at the Hotel. Implode them and buy the real estate out west of the Hotel.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

              Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
              45 ain't all that old
              I'll be grouchy old man of 65 by then. I won't even want to go.
              Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



              Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
              Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                They have no choice. The Resort is surrounded by city and this is the only spot they own a lot of land. Any other places they could expand are just as close to houses as this place is.
                The location of the property in relation to residential areas will be the biggest problem for a new park. That will require a significant buffer area on the sides adjacent to those properties which will reduce the area available for the park and attractions. There will also have to be additional parking constructed somewhere to accommodate the park guests along with the displaced current CM and additional resort parking currently there.

                So, the overall size of the available property won't be able to be used to it's extent for a new park.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                  ^Maybe.. but there are engineering solutions to all those issues. Parking structures can calm the parking issues while "buffers" can be replaced by well designed attractions and well placed rockwork, buildings etc..

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                    If Disney was smart they'd use utilidoors underneath the park so theres more space for attractions and park where backstage facilities would go.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                      You can't even fathom how much that would cost to implement under an already built park. Clearly, tearing out everything, digging the tunnels and rebuilding everything is out of the question for hundreds of reasons, and due to building codes the boring of tunnels right under currently built structures is highly illegal.

                      To find a legal way to do this type of thing, your talking hundreds of millions or more just to dig the tunnels and in all likely hood anything over top of them would have to be closed until the tunnels were completed and reinforced.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                        Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                        You can't even fathom how much that would cost to implement under an already built park. Clearly, tearing out everything, digging the tunnels and rebuilding everything is out of the question for hundreds of reasons, and due to building codes the boring of tunnels right under currently built structures is highly illegal.

                        To find a legal way to do this type of thing, your talking hundreds of millions or more just to dig the tunnels and in all likely hood anything over top of them would have to be closed until the tunnels were completed and reinforced.
                        I was talking about the third park O.o

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                          I highly doubt there will ever be a 3rd park...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                            Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                            I was talking about the third park O.o
                            Well, that makes a lot more sense. I think I was thinking we were in the DCA tracker thread which is why I didn't get that connection. My sincerest apology.

                            Your right as well. To avoid the problems they have at DCA the utilidoors are a good solution.

                            Originally posted by Mark544 View Post
                            I highly doubt there will ever be a 3rd park...
                            I think there will be. They already talked about one before DCA had its issues.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                              Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                              Well, that makes a lot more sense. I think I was thinking we were in the DCA tracker thread which is why I didn't get that connection. My sincerest apology.

                              Your right as well. To avoid the problems they have at DCA the utilidoors are a good solution.
                              .
                              No Problem!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                                The third park may fit at the Toy Story lot location however I think that is a foolish location. The 2 parks of DL and DCA face each other, then there's that "third park" unconnected down the street. The 3rd park should be connected. Either between DLH and Ball road (demolish DTD and Mickey and Friends parking) or demolish PPH and the parking behind it and build the 3rd park there. That way the gates are within walking distance and build some monster garage offsite at Toy Story lot, that way the parking eyesores aren't around the resort at all.
                                sigpic
                                And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X