Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

I'm not sure if it's malpractice on these boards, but my curiosity is getting the best of me so I'll double post.

Anyways, my ^last question is still burning within me. Does anybody know what those surrounding buildings are and who owns them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mousepoop View Post
      Disney should buy the old El Toro Marine base. The so called "Great Park" plan they have doesn't look so great.
      If the "Great Park" ever happens. They've been talking about that for about 10 years now.
      This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

A slightly tangential question -

Would DLR already have a 3rd park had DCA been successful from the get go? Sounds like they had a plan to open the 3rd gate within 10-15 years based on what some are saying here.
        This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Parking is going to be a bi-otch if the Toy Story Lot ends up becoming a third gate any time soon which is doubtful anyway.

Until Disney is able to acquire ALOT more land to compensate the park and parking ratio, a third gate can't even be considered at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
            Parking is going to be a bi-otch if the Toy Story Lot ends up becoming a third gate any time soon which is doubtful anyway.

Until Disney is able to acquire ALOT more land to compensate the park and parking ratio, a third gate can't even be considered at the moment.
            The 3rd gate is still far away, but that is why the plan to build another parking structure where Pumba lot is. That lot should be able to handle all of the resorts needs for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
              i've no idea where the toy story parking lot is at. can someone google map it.
              go down harbor bolverd 2 miles its on your left
              I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Idk...doesn't seem like the 3rd park will have much room. This is perhaps why the idea of a boutique park has been thrown around. This past weekend I stayed on the 8th floor of the Red Lion Hotel and got a view of the Toy Story/CM parking. Not only does it look small, it's surrounded by big hotels and right against houses. Should be interesting to see how 3rd park pans out

Comment

i want a third park!! i think the toy story parking area would be a perfect place for it

Comment

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the aerial view, but it seems to be a large area of land.

As seen here: Google Maps

The area we are talking about is the entire parking lot along Katella, the other parking lots in that plot of land AND the light brown dirt area as well, right? If so... comparing it to the size of DCA (don't count the area that the Grand California takes up) - it seems at least the same size if not a bit larger.

Originally posted by MagicMountainMan View Post
                    I'm not sure if it's malpractice on these boards, but my curiosity is getting the best of me so I'll double post.

Anyways, my ^last question is still burning within me. Does anybody know what those surrounding buildings are and who owns them?
                    I was wondering what the buildings were exactly as well - they look to be apartments. If the park built a nice barrier mound of dirt or a wall with trees, etc... they could really build right up next to them without disturbing the "neighbors" imo.

Comment

The issue is the hotels in the top corners and the housing to the right and at the bottom.

Comment

^So it is housing then? I wonder if it could be possible/feasible for Disney to be sneaky and buy up the hotels and houses. If they did they could transform what would be a small to medium sized park into a bigger park. It makes me wonder if maybe Disney does actually own some of those houses/hotels and is just waiting until the time is ripe...

We can all dream.

Comment

Concerning the size of the potential third park and the housing near the lot:

Perhaps this will come off as insensitive, but keep in mind I'm not well versed in the politics of Anaheim.

If you decide to buy or even rent in a development with that close proximity to one of the most well known theme parks/ entertainment districts in the world - you would think that you would be prepared for the idea of expansion around your home. In addition I would think you would be okay with the added amounts of people in your neighborhood, traffic loads and general noise. Actually... isn't the whole success of Anaheim based off of the fact that Disney is there? You'd think the neighbors and businesses would be more than happy for Disney to grow.

Comment

I'm just wondering what they would put in a 3rd park. They're having enough trouble with DCA as it is

Comment

Originally posted by SwinginOnAStar View Post
                              I'm just wondering what they would put in a 3rd park. They're having enough trouble with DCA as it is
                              Huh?

Originally posted by MrSarcastic View Post
                              Concerning the size of the potential third park and the housing near the lot:

Perhaps this will come off as insensitive, but keep in mind I'm not well versed in the politics of Anaheim.

If you decide to buy or even rent in a development with that close proximity to one of the most well known theme parks/ entertainment districts in the world - you would think that you would be prepared for the idea of expansion around your home. In addition I would think you would be okay with the added amounts of people in your neighborhood, traffic loads and general noise. Actually... isn't the whole success of Anaheim based off of the fact that Disney is there? You'd think the neighbors and businesses would be more than happy for Disney to grow.
                              You'd think right? And yet people still complain all the time.

Comment

Aside from the new expansion and a few main attractions, just about everything else at DCA is prefab and filler.

Comment

Thats what the 1.xx billion dollars is here to fix, plus the promise of more down the road...

Comment

I know that we're in a new era with Iger, and I honestly believe that the expansion will give DCA the touch it's been missing, but I'm still skeptical with what they would do with a third park because DCA was on the drawing board since at least 1990 and Disney still had to watch DCA fail before they were able to come up with a viable solution to save the park.

Comment

^DCA wasn't bad because they couldn't figure it out, it was bad because of huge budget restrictions and forceful mandates from upper management. Had the Imagineers been given free(er) reign, there is no reason to assume that they couldn't have produced a product in line with that which was received at Tokyo DisneySEA. (They opened around the same time)

Comment

The surrounding properties shouldn't be a problem. First, there's as much land in the parking lots as in DCA. Second, the Supreme Court ruled that local governments have an extended version of eminent domain. A town can forcibly buy land from an unwilling seller for fair market value, and give it to a private company or developer if it is in the best interest of the community.

The houses and duplexes adjacent to the lot do not seem to be super large or espenses, so I see Disney throwing a few $10s or $100s of millions at property owners if they need the land to make DL3 the way they want to.
                                        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Your understanding of emminent domain law is a little loose. If people don't want to move and sell, it's not as easy as you make it sound.

Comment

Working...
                                          X