Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

The expense does not justify the cost and the layout of the resort would be bad. You need parking garages near the freeway and on the edge of the resort. Also, those places are so small, a park wouldn't fit.

Comment

a 3rd park will happen in the Toy Story Lot...eventually.

DLR has shown that it has great growth potential and can justify the cost to build a 3rd park.

Comment

Disney should buy the old El Toro Marine base. The so called "Great Park" plan they have doesn't look so great.

Comment

^The proximity is the biggest issue. Thats a long long distance away from the rest of the resort. They can make the current layout work but it will take time, a few more lots and some creativity.

Comment

A monorail or some other elevated rail system could make the trip in a few minutes.

Maybe Disney could partner with Garden Grove and merge International West into the Disneyland Resort area? Garden Grove has space set aside for a theme park. Maybe this could eventually be the third of fourth gate.

The existing DLR + Garden Walk + International West would be enough to occupy Disney for decades to come.

Comment

Please build a level of cast parking, a level of utilities and a level with storage and offices, so that all backstage areas are below the park. Then you'll have all of the surface land open to park guests, not like the sprawling one level DCA buildout.

Comment

Originally posted by californiaadventurer View Post
                please build a level of cast parking, a level of utilities and a level with storage and offices, so that all backstage areas are below the park. Then you'll have all of the surface land open to park guests, not like the sprawling one level dca buildout.
                ^this^
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I think that something in between that and DCA is needed. Absolutely, that is the best solution for the lot, but there are other options such as moving unnecessary offices to nearby satellite lots that would reduce the costs of construction immensely. Also, Cast Parking could be made nearby easily as well to reduce costs.

It all comes down to what is done with the things that have to be on the same lot as the parks.

Comment

how big is the strawberry field?

Comment

While it would be really nice just to build everything underneath the park, it's not the cheapest route to go...

Does anybody know what the buildings are that surround the southern and eastern edges of the lot are? I wonder if they could buy up the whole block where the potential 3rd park would go and increase the area they have to work with? But then again, I don't know how financially feasible that would be either.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's malpractice on these boards, but my curiosity is getting the best of me so I'll double post.

Anyways, my ^last question is still burning within me. Does anybody know what those surrounding buildings are and who owns them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mousepoop View Post
                          Disney should buy the old El Toro Marine base. The so called "Great Park" plan they have doesn't look so great.
                          If the "Great Park" ever happens. They've been talking about that for about 10 years now.
                          This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

A slightly tangential question -

Would DLR already have a 3rd park had DCA been successful from the get go? Sounds like they had a plan to open the 3rd gate within 10-15 years based on what some are saying here.
                            This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Parking is going to be a bi-otch if the Toy Story Lot ends up becoming a third gate any time soon which is doubtful anyway.

Until Disney is able to acquire ALOT more land to compensate the park and parking ratio, a third gate can't even be considered at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                                Parking is going to be a bi-otch if the Toy Story Lot ends up becoming a third gate any time soon which is doubtful anyway.

Until Disney is able to acquire ALOT more land to compensate the park and parking ratio, a third gate can't even be considered at the moment.
                                The 3rd gate is still far away, but that is why the plan to build another parking structure where Pumba lot is. That lot should be able to handle all of the resorts needs for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X