Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrSarcastic
    replied
    Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Concerning the size of the potential third park and the housing near the lot:

Perhaps this will come off as insensitive, but keep in mind I'm not well versed in the politics of Anaheim.

If you decide to buy or even rent in a development with that close proximity to one of the most well known theme parks/ entertainment districts in the world - you would think that you would be prepared for the idea of expansion around your home. In addition I would think you would be okay with the added amounts of people in your neighborhood, traffic loads and general noise. Actually... isn't the whole success of Anaheim based off of the fact that Disney is there? You'd think the neighbors and businesses would be more than happy for Disney to grow.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMountainMan
    replied

^So it is housing then? I wonder if it could be possible/feasible for Disney to be sneaky and buy up the hotels and houses. If they did they could transform what would be a small to medium sized park into a bigger park. It makes me wonder if maybe Disney does actually own some of those houses/hotels and is just waiting until the time is ripe...

We can all dream.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The issue is the hotels in the top corners and the housing to the right and at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• MrSarcastic
    replied

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the aerial view, but it seems to be a large area of land.

As seen here: Google Maps

The area we are talking about is the entire parking lot along Katella, the other parking lots in that plot of land AND the light brown dirt area as well, right? If so... comparing it to the size of DCA (don't count the area that the Grand California takes up) - it seems at least the same size if not a bit larger.

Originally posted by MagicMountainMan View Post
    I'm not sure if it's malpractice on these boards, but my curiosity is getting the best of me so I'll double post.

Anyways, my ^last question is still burning within me. Does anybody know what those surrounding buildings are and who owns them?
    I was wondering what the buildings were exactly as well - they look to be apartments. If the park built a nice barrier mound of dirt or a wall with trees, etc... they could really build right up next to them without disturbing the "neighbors" imo.

Leave a comment:

• jon328
    replied

i want a third park!! i think the toy story parking area would be a perfect place for it

Leave a comment:

• SoCalFan
    replied

Idk...doesn't seem like the 3rd park will have much room. This is perhaps why the idea of a boutique park has been thrown around. This past weekend I stayed on the 8th floor of the Red Lion Hotel and got a view of the Toy Story/CM parking. Not only does it look small, it's surrounded by big hotels and right against houses. Should be interesting to see how 3rd park pans out

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan4ever
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    i've no idea where the toy story parking lot is at. can someone google map it.
    go down harbor bolverd 2 miles its on your left

Leave a comment:

• RescueTheDay
    replied

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
    Parking is going to be a bi-otch if the Toy Story Lot ends up becoming a third gate any time soon which is doubtful anyway.

Until Disney is able to acquire ALOT more land to compensate the park and parking ratio, a third gate can't even be considered at the moment.
    The 3rd gate is still far away, but that is why the plan to build another parking structure where Pumba lot is. That lot should be able to handle all of the resorts needs for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied

Parking is going to be a bi-otch if the Toy Story Lot ends up becoming a third gate any time soon which is doubtful anyway.

Until Disney is able to acquire ALOT more land to compensate the park and parking ratio, a third gate can't even be considered at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• DJM
    replied

A slightly tangential question -

Would DLR already have a 3rd park had DCA been successful from the get go? Sounds like they had a plan to open the 3rd gate within 10-15 years based on what some are saying here.

Leave a comment:

• DJM
    replied

Originally posted by Mousepoop View Post
    Disney should buy the old El Toro Marine base. The so called "Great Park" plan they have doesn't look so great.
    If the "Great Park" ever happens. They've been talking about that for about 10 years now.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMountainMan
    replied

I'm not sure if it's malpractice on these boards, but my curiosity is getting the best of me so I'll double post.

Anyways, my ^last question is still burning within me. Does anybody know what those surrounding buildings are and who owns them?

Leave a comment:

• MagicMountainMan
    replied

While it would be really nice just to build everything underneath the park, it's not the cheapest route to go...

Does anybody know what the buildings are that surround the southern and eastern edges of the lot are? I wonder if they could buy up the whole block where the potential 3rd park would go and increase the area they have to work with? But then again, I don't know how financially feasible that would be either.

Leave a comment:

• Ilovedisney95
    replied

how big is the strawberry field?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think that something in between that and DCA is needed. Absolutely, that is the best solution for the lot, but there are other options such as moving unnecessary offices to nearby satellite lots that would reduce the costs of construction immensely. Also, Cast Parking could be made nearby easily as well to reduce costs.

It all comes down to what is done with the things that have to be on the same lot as the parks.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied

Originally posted by californiaadventurer View Post
    please build a level of cast parking, a level of utilities and a level with storage and offices, so that all backstage areas are below the park. Then you'll have all of the surface land open to park guests, not like the sprawling one level dca buildout.
    ^this^

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Please build a level of cast parking, a level of utilities and a level with storage and offices, so that all backstage areas are below the park. Then you'll have all of the surface land open to park guests, not like the sprawling one level DCA buildout.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Cousert
    replied

A monorail or some other elevated rail system could make the trip in a few minutes.

Maybe Disney could partner with Garden Grove and merge International West into the Disneyland Resort area? Garden Grove has space set aside for a theme park. Maybe this could eventually be the third of fourth gate.

The existing DLR + Garden Walk + International West would be enough to occupy Disney for decades to come.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

^The proximity is the biggest issue. Thats a long long distance away from the rest of the resort. They can make the current layout work but it will take time, a few more lots and some creativity.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Cousert
    replied

Disney should buy the old El Toro Marine base. The so called "Great Park" plan they have doesn't look so great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X