Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Interesting, Expanding all the way to Haster and Orangewood would give the 3rd park more space than DL has, and even the majority of the backstage perimeter area.

BUT as you pointed out, the layout of the 3rd park is crucial in getting the best use of their space (not to mention utilizing some underground areas - withing a reasonable cost ).

As for parking the Pumba parking structure has been planned, and is really just a matter of time. BUT with a 3rd theme park, a 3rd parking structure would be needed, and there does appear to be quiite a bit of space available in the Simba Lot, next to the Paradise Pier Hotel - however a structure in that location would suffer from a lack of a direct in/out ramp to and from the 5. The main Entrance would likely need to be on DL Drive. To transport guests, that would be a bit of an issue, but I can only think of utilizing a tram system, and installing some bridges above ground.

Is there a plan for a garage on the Pinnochio Lot all the way over to the DL Hotel?
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I'm not quite sure what happened before but the picture stopped showing up, so here it is again.

Comment

^The area that PPH is in is too small for a park. And there's no way they'd ever tear down the parking structure when they have a perfectly usable plot of land sitting within walking distance of both current parks. And behind Toon Town is backstage, that one yellow building that I believe is for Disney University, and then the freeway.

But yes, for a 3rd park, the general infrastructure of the resort would need to be upgraded.
        What is the Disneyland University?

Comment

Originally posted by SydneyMouse View Post
          What is the Disneyland University?
          It's Disney University or Disney Institute, which is the company's management and customer service training wing. Both Disney people as well as may other companies get training from them on all kinds of ideas for business. One of my best friends who works for Red Wing Shoes recently attended a class taught by DU at their annual conference. He said it was really cool.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

Comment

Notice I didn't say GUEST parking directly below the park.

Sad that in this day and age we cannot trust people.

Comment

They need to get the former Sun Cal property for the third parking structure. That would be perfect, right between the third gate and the freeway.
              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
              -Walt Disney

Comment

Im pretty sure the $1 billion they're spending to fix DCA was meant for this new theme park, considering a lot of you claim they were supposed to build the new park 10-15 years after DCA opened. Oh DCA, you ugly ugly stepchild. You ruined everything.

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Comment

Here is how I would see it looking...

Comment

Well, it looks easy on paper...

Comment

That's actually pretty close to what's envisioned minus closing any East-West streets, but getting the third park's footprint extended remains the biggest challenge.

Comment

It's Disney University or Disney Institute, which is the company's management and customer service training wing. Both Disney people as well as may other companies get training from them on all kinds of ideas for business. One of my best friends who works for Red Wing Shoes recently attended a class taught by DU at their annual conference. He said it was really cool.
                        Wow, that sounds neat!

Comment

Working...
                        X