Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

How big could a third DLR park be size wise? if pumdaa and the land behind it turns into the 2nd parking structure and they find some place else to park the cast members? Disney could turn cast member parking Pongo lot and Toy story parking lot in to the third park.

• SydneyMouse
    replied
    Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

It's Disney University or Disney Institute, which is the company's management and customer service training wing. Both Disney people as well as may other companies get training from them on all kinds of ideas for business. One of my best friends who works for Red Wing Shoes recently attended a class taught by DU at their annual conference. He said it was really cool.
    Wow, that sounds neat!

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

That's actually pretty close to what's envisioned minus closing any East-West streets, but getting the third park's footprint extended remains the biggest challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied

Well, it looks easy on paper...

Leave a comment:

• Brisal73
    replied

Here is how I would see it looking...

Leave a comment:

• Drewfilmboy
    replied

Im pretty sure the $1 billion they're spending to fix DCA was meant for this new theme park, considering a lot of you claim they were supposed to build the new park 10-15 years after DCA opened. Oh DCA, you ugly ugly stepchild. You ruined everything.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

They need to get the former Sun Cal property for the third parking structure. That would be perfect, right between the third gate and the freeway.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Notice I didn't say GUEST parking directly below the park.

Sad that in this day and age we cannot trust people.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

Originally posted by SydneyMouse View Post
    What is the Disneyland University?
    It's Disney University or Disney Institute, which is the company's management and customer service training wing. Both Disney people as well as may other companies get training from them on all kinds of ideas for business. One of my best friends who works for Red Wing Shoes recently attended a class taught by DU at their annual conference. He said it was really cool.

Leave a comment:

• SydneyMouse
    replied

^The area that PPH is in is too small for a park. And there's no way they'd ever tear down the parking structure when they have a perfectly usable plot of land sitting within walking distance of both current parks. And behind Toon Town is backstage, that one yellow building that I believe is for Disney University, and then the freeway.

But yes, for a 3rd park, the general infrastructure of the resort would need to be upgraded.
    What is the Disneyland University?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied

I'm not quite sure what happened before but the picture stopped showing up, so here it is again.

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

Interesting, Expanding all the way to Haster and Orangewood would give the 3rd park more space than DL has, and even the majority of the backstage perimeter area.

BUT as you pointed out, the layout of the 3rd park is crucial in getting the best use of their space (not to mention utilizing some underground areas - withing a reasonable cost ).

As for parking the Pumba parking structure has been planned, and is really just a matter of time. BUT with a 3rd theme park, a 3rd parking structure would be needed, and there does appear to be quiite a bit of space available in the Simba Lot, next to the Paradise Pier Hotel - however a structure in that location would suffer from a lack of a direct in/out ramp to and from the 5. The main Entrance would likely need to be on DL Drive. To transport guests, that would be a bit of an issue, but I can only think of utilizing a tram system, and installing some bridges above ground.

Is there a plan for a garage on the Pinnochio Lot all the way over to the DL Hotel?

Leave a comment:

• MagicMountainMan
    replied

^Excellent, I'm glad to hear that all of those units are commercially owned. How did you find all of that out?

Leave a comment:

• greenalfonzo
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The cat lady will get on the news and the anti Disney PR Campaign would sink their plans.

I'm just saying you make it sound easier and more practical than it really is.

But I will concede you're pretty well informed and not the "blue sky dreamer" I was expecting.

Practically speaking, I can't imagine it happening at all. The commercial property owners will sell (if they are not actually just leasing the land from Disney anyway) in a handshake deal over the phone.

Alright, I just did some checking. *All* currently built properties in block E S HARBOR BLVD, W S HASTER ST, N ORANGEWOOD AVE, S W KATELLA AVE in Anaheim (block containing proposed third park) are commercial properties currently leased. In other words, all the housing you see are rental units. So no cat lady. And even more interesting to us disney fans, is the fact that the 3.6 acre development on the SE corner, 111 W Orangewood, just closed on Sept. 27, 2010 for $21.5 million, which was almost TWICE its estimated value.

You know what this means, boys. DL3 is on the move!

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

The cat lady will get on the news and the anti Disney PR Campaign would sink their plans.

I'm just saying you make it sound easier and more practical than it really is.

But I will concede you're pretty well informed and not the "blue sky dreamer" I was expecting.

Leave a comment:

• greenalfonzo
    replied

Explain the 7-Eleven and three hotels at the corner then if it's so easy for Disney to get Anaheim to force eminent domain closures of other property owners...

Because they don't want to spend "fair market value" ($110 million?) for what would currently be 180 parking spaces they don't need?

But if/when they *need* that property to build a $3.5 billion third park, you better believe that they'd ask Anaheim to take the properties for them (realistically they'll just buy the commercial landholders out. That's easy. The part where they may have to take the land will be for some 80 year old cat lady that won't sell her townhouse for even a meeeellion dollars.). And when Anaheim is staring at $10s of millions a year in additional tax revenue, plus thousands of new jobs and full hotel rooms, you better believe they'll take them.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

I still say bury the backstage areas below the park and you'll free up 33% more surface areas to guests. Even some of the show buildings could be under the shops and restaurants. Or there could be restaurants on the second level, with shops and attractions underneath them.

Building a three story park with three stories of underground, and you could effectively move some of DCA and Disneyland's backstage operations, and put them underground under the third park, too.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Explain the 7-Eleven and three hotels at the corner then if it's so easy for Disney to get Anaheim to force eminent domain closures of other property owners...

Leave a comment:

• greenalfonzo
    replied

Your understanding of emminent domain law is a little loose. If people don't want to move and sell, it's not as easy as you make it sound.

My understanding is dead on. Anaheim can take as much land as Disney wants.

Kelo v. City of New London, 545 U.S. 469 (2005)[1] was a case decided by the Supreme Court of the United States involving the use of eminent domain to transfer land from one private owner to another to further economic development. The case arose from the condemnation by New London, Connecticut, of privately owned real propertyeconomic growth qualified such redevelopment plans as a permissible "public use" under the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMountainMan
    replied

^Even still, pigs will fly before Disney decides to tear down one of their 3 resort hotels and put a landlocked theme park in it's place. That plot of land is even smaller than Knott's, and we all know how much fun they have trying to pile ride over ride. I could definitely see a water park going in that plot if the resort ever decided to construct one. But a theme park? I'd rather put it in where there is at least twice the amount of area to work with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X