Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Pictures] A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

    Being as this is hands down one of my favorite rides in both parks: supremely lovely queue and sound design, small details, homages to the TV show, and merely exquisite ambiance. It is one I can ride over and over and always enjoy it, right up there with Haunted Mansion and the Matterhorn for me, perhaps even edging out over Pirates in current state and Big Thunder.

    Enjoy these photos, then, and revel in both the larger picture and obscure details of this abandoned hotel on the dark side of Hollywood...




















































    Get out of here Finchley













    Thank you all for looking at this little photo homage, and if you are ever in the neighborhood of the old hotel, do drop in for a visit...the ghosts of old Hollywood will be delighted to see you.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

  • #2
    Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

    Very nice shots of what I agree is a modern Imagineering marvel. These photo threads of yours never disappoint.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

      Originally posted by Datameister View Post
      Very nice shots of what I agree is a modern Imagineering marvel. These photo threads of yours never disappoint.
      Agreed about being a "modern classic" as it were, and also, like HM, has slightly different versions across the globe in different Disney parks. And thank you very much for the kind words!
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

        you dont need to make a tread for every set of photos you take.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

          RegionsBeyond, I always enjoy your pictures you take. Thank you!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

            Originally posted by seanlawler View Post
            you dont need to make a tread for every set of photos you take.
            Hey, at least Regions takes some superb pictures, I would kill to be able to take some good photos. Then again its totally okay and not random to make a thread with absolutely no content asking if its okay to take an Ukulele into Disneyland just sayin'.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

              lol
              The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
              fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
              JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                Well, that's nice. And you are actually correct...I do not have to post photos here.
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                  Again you succeed, RegionsBeyond. I always love your pictures, and because Tower Of Terror is one of my favorite attractions theming-wise, this was great for me. Are there any more?
                  Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                    Originally posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
                    Hey, at least Regions takes some superb pictures, I would kill to be able to take some good photos. Then again its totally okay and not random to make a thread with absolutely no content asking if its okay to take an Ukulele into Disneyland just sayin'.
                    i know im sorry. its none of my bisness to care or decide. And you take fantastic pictures. I dunno i just got irritated, thats all. Once again sorry and maybe i think would be a good idea, To make a photography thread for all your pictures id like that. But once again its not up to me and just a suggestion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                      Thank you so much for taking and posting these pictures. ToT is a ride thats details often go overlooked. There is so much detail in the queue and references to Twlight Zone episodes that we often don't stop and look at or even listen. Upstairs in the boiler room against the far left wall, if you put your ear up to it, you can hear a little girl calling out. That's from a Twilight Zone episode.

                      I've saw this in a photo and in person once, but does anyone know where to find the pair of legs in the corner in the exit of ToT?






                      "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                        Originally posted by RedHandedJill View Post
                        Thank you so much for taking and posting these pictures. ToT is a ride thats details often go overlooked. There is so much detail in the queue and references to Twlight Zone episodes that we often don't stop and look at or even listen. Upstairs in the boiler room against the far left wall, if you put your ear up to it, you can hear a little girl calling out. That's from a Twilight Zone episode.

                        I've saw this in a photo and in person once, but does anyone know where to find the pair of legs in the corner in the exit of ToT?
                        When you exit (from the bottom level), you will walk by a staircase, get a flashlight and shine it through the grate on the staircase..its twords the last step behind some boxes.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                          Great photos! Say, is there a site where I can access all of you photos so I can see them at once? Yes, they're that good I'd like to see them all.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                          No matter where you go, there you are.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                            Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                            Great photos! Say, is there a site where I can access all of you photos so I can see them at once? Yes, they're that good I'd like to see them all.
                            Firstly, thank you! I don't sadly use flickr or any of those as much, what's on photobucket is for the threads here as they occur to me, and only a small portion of my DL photos wind up on dA heh...so basically no, sadly, lol..there is no one unified spot with all my resort photos at this time.
                            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A Dimension of Sight: Hollywood Tower Hotel photos

                              As someone that has always been too "cheeekin" to ride this ride, I appreciate the pics. Thanks again!
                              DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
                              DW Trips: '08
                              International parks: Some day...

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X