This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrowland's Weakest Link

First of all, it FINALLY looks like that big sucking Black Hole called Tomorrowland has hit bottom. With the opening of Buzz, and Space Mountain's opening soon, and at least a couple other attractions being looked at seriously, things are turning around!

But of course, :devil: TL wouldn't be looking so bad right now if the remaining attractions weren't in dire need of updating or replacing with something new, after a possible Nemo Sub, and new People Mover. Which of the following attractions need that update/replacement most desperately:

Astro Orbitor

Autopia

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

Innoventions

Starcade

Star Tours

You can vote for more than one, and of course and thoughts
    can be posted here, too!
    Astro Orbitor
    3.96%
    Autopia
    0.00%
    Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
    36.63%
    Innoventions
    47.52%
    Starcade
    9.90%
    Star Tours
    1.98%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Aladdin; 03-05-2005, 07:54 PM.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Definitely Innoventions. Waste of space, and not interesting at all.

Comment

Yeah, Innoventions. Hard to imagine that it adds value to anyone's visit to the park, local or tourist.

Of course, I'd also add Rocket Redd's or whatever it's called. Good food, and nice to not have to settle for yet another burger, but it needs to find a new home. People need more draws to the back of TL.

Then, after we get some more rides in that part of the park, we can work on overhauling the few we already have.
      See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
      78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I voted for HISTA. I have only been on it once, with one very frightened child. I don't find it very repeatable. I have never heard anyone praise it for any reason whatsoever. The only positive thing I can say about it is that the light fixtures in the queue are pretty.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I think the Starcade is in dire need of a rehab...so much wasted space...I think the focus should be on things to add to Tomorrowland...not what can we replace...at least for now, since there is so much lifelessness...
          "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Comment

I say Honey I shrunk the Audience too. Innoventions does need some work, but because I hardly go there (usually just during the rain) I don't mind it I guess because it beats the alternative. Although I do like HISTA and my boyfriend did (at 22) and it was his first time watching it. Although it was cheesy and such, he still enjoyed it. I like it and it's cute-- it is just outdated. Star Wars is outdated too, mainly in film quality, but it doesn't scream "HELP ME!" like HISTA does. And being SO close to SM and with Kodak as a sponsor, you'd think they'd want to make some improvement? At least Innoventions is hidden for the most part while HISTA is right out in the open.

Comment

Innoventions hands down....They need to turn this into either an AA musical show and continue the legacy or a new futuristic attraction NOT based on a pixar film (I would like to see something like the proposed Flying Saucers ride that they wanted to put into the Carousel of Progress at WDW)

I also feel the Starcade, old Skywayn station, and the place where the old motorboat cruise was is all wasted space that could be used for new attractions.

Comment

Going to inovations is like a death sentence, everytime someone drags me in there I just keep thinking Help get me out, hurry up...theres so much more to do at Disneyland other than was a good computer with multi media could do for me at home , my computer is more entertaining I dont need to waste valuable time at Dl on Inovations! HIST is at least a place I can cool of, sit a spell and be somewhat entertained my computer still wont spit out 3D dog kisses and slobber LOL

Comment

While it is easy to pick on Innoventions or Honey, at least they are attractions that many people still enjoy. Starcade is not unique or well loved and costs money too. Gotta put something in that space.
                  Kevin Crossman
                  Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
                  Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

Comment

Innoventions needs intervention! If this is what we have to look forward to from private industry, we're doomed! The Apple store is cooler, more futuristic and interesting that the whole innoventions. Make it an Apple Store!!!
                    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

My vote goes to HISTA.

Honey I Shrunk WHo?

This ride is becoming outdtated and has little reridability. Muppets is fun to watch on its own and Bugs has many clever gags.

I think Innoventions Is a real undiscovered gem. I Used to never go to it and talk about how wasteful it is But recently I have gone and explored it. They really have some Cool things to look at just the other day while buz was down I played a disney trivia game, designed a fun firework showed, Rode a new Segway, which i think is pretty sweet when you think about it and I saw what i will look like in 50 years! I think eveyrone who hates it should really go in there and get lost for a few hours. The disney trivia is smetime quite a challenge. Next time you go... check it out.

Comment

You know, rather than Innoventions, why not have, for example, a computer manufacturer sponsor a couple of the Taste Pilots-style automated ordering kiosks at Tomorrowland Terrace. Make it incredibly simple and user-friendly, and let the guests see how much shorter it can take in comparison to the old way. Rather than throw all of these random things into one building and calling it an attraction, take these "futuristic" ideas out into Tomorrowland and show them in a real-world application.

How about using the arcade PowerCard concept throughout different areas of the park. For free, you can get a generic one to charge up, or for maybe a dollar, you can select from a number of different designs. Then, you can use them throughout Tomorrowland (or perhaps even any location that accepts debit cards, maybe even with a small automatic discount as an incentive). Then, for instance, if you go to someplace like Pizza Port, Apple will use its iPod technology to create a jukebox for the 22nd Century, where guests can choose from a library of DFisney-friendly songs, or even videos, and with a swipe of the PowerCard, play their selection at their table. Okay, you might need to create a more upscale space than Pizza Port to allow guests enough room and sound dampenning. Or, you could just have a giant screen on at least two walls so that, like the juke boxes of old, everyone gets to see/hear your choice.

But the general idea is to spread the Innoventions out to the nooks and crannies of the land. Put some sort of similar jukebox concept in the PeopleMovers, or do something kind of like Horizons used to do, where PeopleMover riders can choose among, say, four optional narrations. Once can be science-factual, one can be on the history of Tomorrowland, one can be narrated by Buzz, another by C3PO, or maybe Stitch, or even Tom Morrow... I honestly have no idea what passes for Innoventions anymore, but I think the sponsors would get more out of having one company display something at the Tomorrowland Station, one in the old Radio Disney booth, one or two in Starcade.
                        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

For me, this was a photo finish between honey i shrunk the audiance and innoventions. Both equally bombed out and depleted, and neither possessing much of a thrill.
                          Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

If we're going by "wastes of space", I'm gonna say Innoventions. The thing is huge and so much could be done with that land.

But I think HISTA is the weakest attraction, just because it is so outdated. Once you've seen it two or three times, it's just not interesting anymore. They should really just put in a new film every year or something.

Comment

I said HISTA. It's so dated, tired, old, pointless, and unfitting for Tomorrowland... I hate innoventions, but at least at times, it fits Tomorrowland's intent, and can be sustained a bit longer while we fix the rest of the place.

HISTA is also a huge space, a new version of a shrinking ride with updated Omni's and modern tech for FX, along with an engaging story could REALLY showcase more modern technology.

Starcade is a close second. I hate it's waste of space(and Star Traders needs to be shrunk to 1/4th it's current size and shoved into the unused excess queue area for Star Tours). Then you'd have a ton of room for yet another attraction on the future. With the vaulted ceilings this would be a perfect place for an advanced version of the Dark Ride tech used in Peter Pan and maybe have it be a flyover of cities from the now and into the future...

Autopia is fine for now, we can live with it, maybe update the vehicles using better future tech.

Astro Orbiter needs to be killed and the Gantry needs to be brought back so we can ride it in the sky where it belongs. It's embarrassing that they ever thought this needed to be moved. The TL in Magic Kingdom is way better for having it still, and it's a GREAT use of space, unlike the disaster in the front of TL.

Comment

Actually everything there needs to be update but Innoventions must go. I also believe the Starcade as well as the Gift shop below it and a new atrraction put in. I'm up for puting in a Mos Eisley Cantina Restraunt in that corner with an Animatronic Band and aliens scattered through out the restraunt.
                                Get rid of Red Rockets and bring back Mission to Mars updated to be like Mission:Space at WDW but with a Mars Theme. Alien Encounter (The Original can go into the old Innoventions building. Just make it a Stationary building or tear it down and put in a new building.
                                I would love to see the peoplemover back in action and they could put Stitch in various locations through out the ride (The slow spots where there is nothing to look at) and have Stitch trying to derail or destroy the peoplemover.
                                PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Um, Mission: SPACE does have a Mars theme... it's where you and your 'team' uh, 'land' your craft (you guys know that the crash WASN'T my fault right, I always fulfilled my assignment, it's someone elses fault, honest! -- ).

But yeah, Mission: SPACE needs to be brought back to our TL. Not sure we need the same ride capacity, because you have such a minimal wait at Epcot with the current ride capacity there.

Comment

HISTA I have never liked this one the space needs to be used as a ride not a movie. Most 3D movies are not something you go on every time there are some ( It's tough to be a bug, I love the screaming) but for the most part if you'v seen it once thats enough.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Definately "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience". I really didn't like this one the first time I saw it. The other attractions in Tomorrowland may need some improvement, but it can do without HISTA.

Oh yeah first post on the board, glad to be here.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by kevdo
                                        While it is easy to pick on Innoventions or Honey, at least they are attractions that many people still enjoy. Starcade is not unique or well loved and costs money too. Gotta put something in that space.
                                        I agree, but The Starcade makes truck loads of money. So it's not going anywhere.
                                        ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X