Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

    Source: Screamscape

    Although most all featyres of the ride are subject to it's random system, here is some new information that's buzzing about:

    • At some point during the shuttle flight, guests would encounter Darth Vader who screams out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...just kidding. ) Lord Vader scans (probably using special effects to simulate the Force) all of the riders in order to identify a rebel spy. After that, guests will likely speed away thrusters on full in order to escape the dark side.
    • Spoiler
      I'm planning to sneak churros in to munch on during my ride, and you can have one if you like.
    • There would also be an encounter with the early (partially built) Death Star.
    • Get ready to join in on a Pod Racer race with your Starspeeder!
    • Guests would also come into contact with Jar Jar Stinks
      ...err Binks on Naboo. i find this exciting as something tells me that part of the journey will take place under the sea.
    Sabastian and Jar Jar Binks Duet

    Unda the seaza
    Unda the seaza
    Darlingza eetza better
    Down where eetza whetter
    Jar Jar and Meeza
    Up on the shoreza theyza work all dayza
    Out in the sunza theyza slave awayza
    While wheeza devotin'
    Full timeza to floatin'
    Under the seaza



    Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars Video)
    YouTube - Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars video)



    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-30-2011, 02:31 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

    Lucas is going to ruin the ride by sticking as many of his characters he can in the ride........just work on the RIDE don't just try to make 1000 more toys to sell just make a good ride. As a fan I would rather see more New things on the planets then just rehashing characters we have see on the TV show and movies.
    Happy Halloween!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

      Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      Lucas is going to ruin the ride by sticking as many of his characters he can in the ride........just work on the RIDE don't just try to make 1000 more toys to sell just make a good ride. As a fan I would rather see more New things on the planets then just rehashing characters we have see on the TV show and movies.
      Keep in mind that every ride is randomly different. Being such, there's plenty of room for a large ensemble of characters. I look extremely forward to this.

      I agree with you 100%. Jerrod. that Star Tours 2 would be even more interesting if George Lucas would add some new characters, and maybe even a new planet. Just hope he doesn't give us a new moon.
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

        Doesn't John Lassetter have creative control of what comes out of WDI? I truly think he will not allow any kind of the crap from Jar Jar that was in Phantom Menace to creep into Star Tours. Jar Jar might make an appearance, but he probably won't have any dialog. If he does, it will be done well and not the slapstick, farcical nonsense that we know from the prequels.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
          Keep in mind that every ride is randomly different. Being such, there's plenty of room for a large ensemble of characters. I look extremely forward to this.

          I agree with you 100%. Jerrod. that Star Tours 2 would be even more interesting if George Lucas would add some new characters, and maybe even a new planet. Just hope he doesn't give us a new moon.
          As a ride it was more about the PLACES you went to and the general feeling you had of exploring that universe.

          R2D2 and C3PO were nice to have along for the trip and references in the queue were great and all but we don't need characters outside a pilot really.

          We didn't need Luke or Han in the original ride so I'm very hesitant about characters appearing in these rides especially with the lack of class and restraint Star Wars has these days.

          Jar Jar would of course be the worse idea, however a prolonged venture with Yoda could be just as annoying even if the intention is to be cute.


          I'd like more destinations and scenarios for sure but more characters won't help the ride.
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

            Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
            Doesn't John Lassetter have creative control of what comes out of WDI? I truly think he will not allow any kind of the crap from Jar Jar that was in Phantom Menace to creep into Star Tours. Jar Jar might make an appearance, but he probably won't have any dialog. If he does, it will be done well and not the slapstick, farcical nonsense that we know from the prequels.
            I don't like Jar Jar anymore than you do. Still, if his inclusion means that we'll get to experience the underwater world of the Naboobian Sea, I'm all for it!
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

              Originally posted by Jspider View Post
              As a ride it was more about the PLACES you went to and the general feeling you had of exploring that universe.

              R2D2 and C3PO were nice to have along for the trip and references in the queue were great and all but we don't need characters outside a pilot really.

              We didn't need Luke or Han in the original ride so I'm very hesitant about characters appearing in these rides especially with the lack of class and restraint Star Wars has these days.

              Jar Jar would of course be the worse idea, however a prolonged venture with Yoda could be just as annoying even if the intention is to be cute.


              I'd like more destinations and scenarios for sure but more characters won't help the ride.
              I guess everybody has their character threshold. I like the idea of a large ensemble...but see your point that DL could over do the number of characters that are featured.

              The way that the software and hardware is being designed for this ride, I would imagine that WDI will be periodically creating additional destinations and scenarios.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                I want as many characters as possible in the ride, personally. The old ride never felt like Star Wars to me, as much as I liked it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                  Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                  I want as many characters as possible in the ride, personally. The old ride never felt like Star Wars to me, as much as I liked it.
                  Now that's the positive spirit! There's a vibrant number of characters cast for each film. Why should a StarTours ride (or whatever the name will be) be any different?
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                    This was posted in the other star tours thread

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                      Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                      I want as many characters as possible in the ride, personally. The old ride never felt like Star Wars to me, as much as I liked it.
                      Cause this is why Nemo sucks....they just stuck characters into an adventure and it felt like I was just watching a DVD.....make it about the adventure more then some cameo's that won't make much sense anyway.
                      Happy Halloween!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                        Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                        Guests would also come into contact with Jar Jar Binks
                        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                        *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                        *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                        *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                          Source: Screamscape

                          Although most all featyres of the ride are subject to it's random system, here is some new information that's buzzing about:

                          • At some point during the shuttle flight, guests would encounter Darth Vader who screams out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...just kidding. ) Lord Vader scans (probably using special effects to simulate the Force) all of the riders in order to identify a rebel spy. After that, guests will likely speed away thrusters on full in order to escape the dark side.
                          • Spoiler
                            I'm planning to sneak churros in to munch on during my ride, and you can have one if you like.
                          • There would also be an encounter with the early (partially built) Death Star.
                          • Get ready to join in on a Pod Racer race with your Starspeeder!
                          • Guests would also come into contact with Jar Jar Stinks
                            ...err Binks on Naboo. i find this exciting as something tells me that part of the journey will take place under the sea.
                          Sabastian and Jar Jar Binks Duet

                          Unda the seaza
                          Unda the seaza
                          Darlingza eetza better
                          Down where eetza whetter
                          Jar Jar and Meeza
                          Up on the shoreza theyza work all dayza
                          Out in the sunza theyza slave awayza
                          While wheeza devotin'
                          Full timeza to floatin'
                          Under the seaza



                          Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars Video)
                          YouTube - Poor Unfortunate Souls (A Star Wars video)



                          HAHAHA, :lol:! I don't think they would try to include Sebastian and friends in ST2 because TLM:AUA will feature him and more in DCA, so don't count on that. Also, it's just three months away from ST2 opening.


                          Timekeeper
                          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                            Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                            Cause this is why Nemo sucks....they just stuck characters into an adventure and it felt like I was just watching a DVD.....make it about the adventure more then some cameo's that won't make much sense anyway.
                            These are two very different attractions.One was completely rethemed, the other refurbished. Film ride often retail a story. If you feel like you're just watching the DVD, how do you feel about the Fantasyland dark rides?? Same thing, just different technology. If it weren't screens, but animatronics, would you feel differently?

                            Also, Pirates, Splash, Roger Rabbit, and a slew of other widely popular rides showcase the characters they're based on (as they should) and Star Tours has never (in my opinion) felt like a good reflection of the movies. Do I like it? Yes. Does it feel like a Star Wars ride? Not really. I think any increase in characters can only improve an attraction that is meant to bring the films to life, not ignore them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Star Tours 2: Possible New Story Features & Effects

                              This couldn't go into the Star Wars thread because...

                              WDI and George Lucas are putting a lot of work into this one and should come out phenomenal. I for one do wish there was less characters from the films involved though.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X