This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Got to ride Dumbo for the First time ever saturday

I am still trying to unwind from my day at the park. And I wanted to share with everyone that since Dumbo is now ADA, I CAN RIDE IT. And I did for the first time ever. While I was waiting in line, I actually got teary eyed. And then once I got one it, I couldn't help but laugh and giggle. They have it to where the whole side of Dumbo opens up to where the opening is nice and large to get in. And I thought I might have had to sit a little sideways. Well I actually sat in it with no problem. So thank you Disneyland for making a ride that I couldn't do before now available to me. I will have to do it again the next time I go. Good night..Or should I say good morning.
    Last edited by PurpleDove; 02-06-2011, 01:07 PM.
    °o° A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. °o°

Re: Got to ride Dumbo for the First time ever saturday

YAY That's great you got to ride it finally! So happy for you. I haven't been on dumbo in ages. My family had a scary incident last time we all went on it where a cast member got knocked down by the ear of the dumbo my mom and sister were in and no one has been willing to go on it with me since. It totally traumatized my mom against the ride I think.

It's a great classic ride and I'm glad they finally made it accessible!
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Originally posted by drphibes
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Comment

I always get to ride Dumbo at least once on each trip. SInce the park was not that crowded when I was there last week, I actually rode it four times. My first ride at night. I do love the ride. I guess my Dumbo age is probably about five. It puts a smile on my face. I know the ride is somewhere between a minute, and two minutes, but it's pure joy.

Glad that you finally were able to enjoy the simple joy and pleasure of a ride on Dumbo Margo.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

This might be one of my most favorite posts, ever! :ap: I'm so happy for you!
        A signature should go here.

Comment

Did you get picture you get in to Dumbo?

there is ADA two Dumbo that open up and are right next each another.

Last edited by akfandisney; 02-06-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: add Dumbp picture
          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
          Older photo
          New Photo

Member of
          MiceChat WDW Trip
          Next trip
          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

how was dombo for the frist ever it been prety cool i have road sice i was 10 yeas old i need to go on it agen some time in my parks visit
            I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
              Ditto, it makes you reflect back on "Don't take anything for granted."
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

The best ride in Disneyland. Your story was just too cool.
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

I almost cried -- your story was beautiful.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                    Helps put the small things in life into perspective.
                    Glad you had soooo much fun!
                    My other favorite ride is Casey Jr.
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Oh I'm glad I pokked back in here! You look so happy margo!
                      -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Originally posted by drphibes
                      SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
                      Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
                      Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
                      DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Comment

:thumbup: I am so happy for you!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                          What she said!

How exciting. You now have a new park tradition each visit!
                          "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                          raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

ïŋ― Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

So it's just a bigger door to make getting in easier? That's clever. I'm glad you got to ride it! I rarely ride it but it can be a fun thing to do, like the Carrousel.
                            "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
                              What she said!

How exciting. You now have a new park tradition each visit!
                              I went to the park yesterday being that it was DCA's 10 Birthday thinking they would do something because 10 yrs is a big milestone, but they didn't do anything. They gave the CMs a button and a cupcake. Which a CM who was walking with me to Toy Story, ended up giving me his button and I didn't even ask for him to do so.
                              Then after riding on Toy Story, I was hungry so I went back over to the Village Haus and had the Pastrami burger. Then the friend and I went on Dumbo again. And yes this will be another favorite ride for me in Fantasyland.
                              °o° A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. °o°

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X