Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Rumors you want put to rest.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Rumors you want put to rest.

Okay, so we tend to get a lot of repeat postings on this forum, most of them rumors . What rumors would you like to see officially ended, so we can move on? Here's my list:

1. DCA changing its name to Disney Adventure Park. Perhaps if they hadn't spent a billion dollars adhering to the California theme, this would hold water, but people propelling this idea are not thinking. Hollywoodland, Cars Land (Route 66), Buena Vista St...etc. This isn't to say a park has never changed its name, but other than the legalities which made MGM switch to Hollywood, file this under "Not Gonna Happen". Can we put this to rest?

2. Fantasyland getting an expansion. Now this might be interesting except for two huge problems. First, there's no where for it to go. Obviously the most intrusive thing in the land is the theatre, but with several plans in the works to bring live shows back to the park, closing it is not an option. The one thing that is, is possibly moving to include the area behind the festival arena, but (and this is the other problem) there are no set plans for this area as imagineering can't decide who gets that property. Toon Town, Frontierland, or Fantasyland. Not saying this will NEVER happen, but it's not in the works. Can we put this to rest?

3. People Mover returning. Okay....I want this as much as anyone, but it's not entirely Disney's fault. There are legal issues keeping this from happening. The only way to reopen this attraction is to put the same kind of safely systems that were recently installed on Alice (that caused no end of whining from fans). The creative team doesn't want to work with this restriction so that plus the high cost of running (and more importantly) maintaining such a ride, AFTER they decide what they want it to be has kept this in limbo for over a decade. Not saying this is a excuse, ( I think they need to make this a top priority), but it is the reason. Again, it's not a never, but it's not in the works. Can we put this to rest?

Thoughts? Your own lists?

Re: Rumors you want put to rest.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No

Comment

1. I really don't think DCA should change it's name to Disney Adventure Park since there are still several themes to California that would allow it to keep its name "Disney California Adventure", despite a few breaches in the theme (Bug's Land). We still have Hollywoodland, which obviously pays homage to Hollywood and its rich, and now also nostalgic, history of films, Condor Flats, that offers an attraction that soars over California; Grizzly trail, which pays homage to the Yosemite and the Grand Sierras; Paradise Pier, which pays a nostalgic tribute to the California boardwalk days; and finally, but most controversially, Cars Land. Yes, it's a movie tie-in, but at least it pays homage to the car culture and Route 66 History that is the heart of California. Yes, I realize people will argue that Radiator Springs is in Arizona, but hey at least Route 66 is in California.

2.Fantasyland expansion. Face it people; though we may one day in the somewhat distant future after Tron get a big E-Ticket ride in the Fantasyland theater, Toontown will stay, and Fantasyland will not undergo the same expansion that WDW is undergoing. Again, there's the possibility of an E-Ticket in the theater and a possible dark ride around the Lagoon area, but beyond that, I wouldn't say that there's a "big expansion" planned out.

3.PM returning. "The other person" has hinted at a Tomorrowland redo along with Tron, so I think they'll eventually (If they have not already) plan a solution to meet the overly bureaucratic OSHA standards and bring in a more "up-to-date" system for a PM, even if this involves tearing down and replacing the track. The People Mover like we've seen back then will never come back. However, I could see a new PL-style attraction along the lines of MK's TTA work.
      Last edited by Freakazoid112; 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

That they will be adding a loop to Winnie the Pooh ride during the critter country closure.

Comment

^ Don't forget Splash Mountain and the Canoes!

Comment

^Canoes along with the River Belle will be adding a loop... and so will the Winnie the Pooh Meet and Greet.

Comment

"Rumors you want put to rest?"

Ummmm, mine is the incessant people mover debate. The people mover is never and will never be back. Period, end of story.
              "People of Earth, how are you?"

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
              Fish are friends, not food."

Comment

Originally posted by 01spirit750 View Post
                that they will be adding a loop to winnie the pooh ride during the critter country closure.
                Yes!!
                "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by dude4real View Post
                  "Rumors you want put to rest?"

Ummmm, mine is the incessant people mover debate. The people mover is never and will never be back. Period, end of story.
                  You're right, it won't. But, there will be something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by readandburn View Post
                    You're right, it won't. But, there will be something similar.
                    There will be something in the space that it once was but I doubt it will be at all similar!
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Murphy will debut before Summer Nightastic ends*

*Post may be a year and a half too late
                      Gaston: LeFou, I'm afraid I've been thinking
                      LeFou: A dangerous past time
                      Gaston: I know

Comment

George K. at last September's D23 event DID say they are working on ideas to do something on the Peoplemover track.

The rumor I do want put to rest ... and makes me cringe every single time I read it ...

Is the one where a "Tron" type vehicle (Light Cycles) is going on the Peoplemover track.

Seems we should have a disclaimer on the front page -

Dear Micechatters .. please stop posting "I heard a rumor Tron LightCycles are going on the P.M. track" .. because ................... IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN .. SO PLEASE STOP POSTING IT!

Thank you.
                        MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Tomorrowland returning back to how it was in 1967. That is not progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                            2. Fantasyland getting an expansion. Now this might be interesting except for two huge problems. First, there's no where for it to go. Obviously the most intrusive thing in the land is the theatre, but with several plans in the works to bring live shows back to the park, closing it is not an option. The one thing that is, is possibly moving to include the area behind the festival arena, but (and this is the other problem) there are no set plans for this area as imagineering can't decide who gets that property. Toon Town, Frontierland, or Fantasyland. Not saying this will NEVER happen, but it's not in the works. Can we put this to rest?
                            Of all the attractions in FL, the theater and its backstage support structure is up there in terms of the amount of space used. I'm not sure what the current plans are for the theater, but I wouldn't rule the area out for future expansion of FL. That's not a rumor BTW, it's just a logical place to expand the park.

Same with the Motorboat Lagoon area. The intertwining Peoplemover, Monorail and Autopia tracks make current use of that area impossible, but IMO it has to be sorted out someday. Again, not a rumor, just something that has to be done if you want to see a new attraction in Fantasyland that doesn't involve shuttering any of the beloved dark rides.

I think it's...interesting that you want to squash rumors with more rumors.

Comment

1. That the Matterhorn is sinking into the Sub lagoon. Also, a similar one saying it would collapse if the lagoon is drained. Guess what they did when Nemo was moving in? And guess what's still there.

2. A thrill ride on the PM tracks. It's impossible. Rocket Rods proved that a ride going at fast speeds on the track would cause problems like:
                              * Weakening the track.
                              * Vehicle tires melting off.
                              * Unbanked turns make the ride slow down, causing the 2 above.
                              So any rumors of Rocket Rods or a Tron Lightcycle on the tracks are wrong.

3. Current Astro Orbitor going on platform. When TL98' was being planned Astro Orbitor was going to go on the platform. But it's design proved too heavy so they placed in on the ground at the entrance. If Astro Orbitor was going to go on the platform it would need a lighter design.

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                              However, I could see a new PL-style attraction along the lines of MK's TTA work.
                              I hope so. I want Disneyland to get the TTA more than the original PeopleMover.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X